"He wants the money fight but I'll put this foot upside his head".

Titles mean less when title holders aren't fighting top contenders. Right now like half of the champions aren't even considered the best fighters in their division. Not many people think Bisping is actually the #1 MW in the world..... nor Woodley as the #1 WW. Cormier is the #1, but only when Jones isn't around. Nunes is trying to pick her shot so she can dodge the girl that almost beat her the first time and likely would have if it was a 5 round fight.
Means less to who? It doesn't mean less in terms of dollars.
Title holders get paid. That's all the fighters care about. It is why everyone is trying to talk their way into matches. Taking whatever fight that the UFC throws your way unfortunately doesn't guarantee you get paid. If you want to get paid, and not get cut, it's a good idea to be a bit picky.

Why is it assumed that Diaz/Woodley would even be a money fight?

Because he's trying to get a spot on UFC 202.

I don't think you guys understand what is meant by a "money fight" to the fighters.

The easiest scenario I see for Woodley is a super fight with Bisping. He would have a great shot at having 2 belts before Cruz does.

Because he's trying to get a spot on UFC 202.

I don't think you guys understand what is meant by a "money fight" to the fighters.

Wouldn't defending the title vs the #1 contender get him a spot on 202? It's a novel concept but it just might work

Diaz a bigger draw than wonderboy

objectively

Woodley vs Diaz sounds like a meh Strikeforce fight circa 2010

I can see the promotions for it now:

"Explosive UFC WW champ Tyron Woodley, fresh of a brutal KNOCKOUT over MMA legend Robbie Lawler takes on triathlete NICK DIAZ... who... won an MMA fight like 5 years ago... or something... STOCKTON SLAP!!!!"​

Last edited:
woodley does'nt get what a money fight is otherwise michael johnson vs nate diaz would of been a money fight

Dude. You're crazy. The UFC will promote the shit out of a Diaz return and title fight. I aint saying I like it, but it would do much better than a Thompson fight as far as money goes. Thompson and Woodley are not big names yet on their own.
And Woodley said he'd fight the #1 contender after he fought Diaz in 3 weeks (if Diaz accepted) He isnt ducking anyone, he's trying to make money.

Woodley/Diaz is crazy. I just don't think Diaz is some huge PPV draw at this point and I like Diaz, he's one of my favorite fighters to watch. A fight against the #1 contender and rising star Thompson seems a hell of a lot more marketable than someone who hasn't fought in 2 years and hasn't won in 5. That's crazy.

I think Maia vs Woodley would
be more exciting than Wonderboy
vs Woodley.

Have Wonderboy fight Lawler.
He wanted that fight more than the
Woodley fight anyways. Shouldn't
have ran his mouth, trying to pick
his own fights, I guess.
<6>

He was asked a question when he was on a panel. He said that he would like to fight either of them, but he'd rather fihgt Lawler because he's been more dominate.

Why do these new champs keep calling out guys like this...I'm starting to hate these new champions that are seemingly hand picking their opponents and not fighting the rightful contenders.

And furthermore, why is Conor getting a pass for doing such?

Ya woodley would hit that take down on him.

tumblr_mj60k8pANU1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Not even a gatekeeper.

Last edited:
Funny how wonderboy didnt say that when he was actually talking to woodley. Karate boy is going to get slept by Twood

I think he was caught off guard like everyone else that Woodley was calling out Nick Diaz, who hasn't won in 4-5 years when there is already a clear #1 contender.

A guy who hasn't won an MMA fight in nearly 5 years?

There's a chance that ship might've sailed

I think you will be surprised. If Nick's fighting I'm buying. One of the only few guys around who is all about fighting and takes it personal and it one of the most exciting fighters ever and alot of his L's are pick ems.

His losses to gsp and Anderson are not bad losses and he belongs in the ring with the best.

Hes that good on his own and has a larger fan base than most if he's in the ufc or somewhere else.

I appreciate fighters like him. Can't wait to see him back.

I think it's real stupid for Woodley to call out Nick Diaz when Nick hasn't won a fight since I can't even remember....Why do these new champs keep calling out guys like this...I'm starting to hate these new champions that are seemingly hand picking their opponents and not fighting the rightful contenders...and who the hell did Woodley beat to get his opportunity?Gastellum?....But he claims the man who beat Hendricks and Rory(who beat Woodley by the way)doesn't deserve his shot?...Hey Woodley!....Wonderboy earned his shot at the belt!Deal with it!...man up and take the fight...Don't be scared homie!!!

"He wants that money fight but I'll put this foot upside his head" -Stephen Wonderboy Thompson

You have 400 posts in like a week. I'm shocked - shocked! - I tell you.

What account # are we on at this point?

I think you will be surprised. If Nick's fighting I'm buying. One of the only few guys around who is all about fighting and takes it personal and it one of the most exciting fighters ever and alot of his L's are pick ems.

His losses to gsp and Anderson are not bad losses and he belongs in the ring with the best.

Hes that good on his own and has a larger fan base than most if he's in the ufc or somewhere else.

I appreciate fighters like him. Can't wait to see him back.

He should fight in an actual money fight... like vs Lawler

Wouldn't defending the title vs the #1 contender get him a spot on 202? It's a novel concept but it just might work

Nick Diaz is a better story at this point

Back