"He wants the money fight but I'll put this foot upside his head".

Well it isn't stupid for Woodley but do you like the idea of it?Don't you think Wonderboy has earned his shot...I think the idea of this whole handpicked opponents is stupid for the sport...makes the champion look soft

Especially when said champion is already known as a duckartist.

I think Maia vs Woodley would
be more exciting than Wonderboy
vs Woodley.

Have Wonderboy fight Lawler.
He wanted that fight more than the
Woodley fight anyways. Shouldn't
have ran his mouth, trying to pick
his own fights, I guess.
<6>

Why is it assumed that Diaz/Woodley would even be a money fight?

Woodley sells.

buddeh

bisping.png

I think Maia vs Woodley would
be more exciting than Wonderboy
vs Woodley.

Have Wonderboy fight Lawler.
He wanted that fight more than the
Woodley fight anyways. Shouldn't
have ran his mouth, trying to pick
his own fights, I guess.
<6>
Did he really "run his mouth" though or did a reporter ask him who he would rather fight?

Especially when said champion is already known as a duckartist.

Woodley certainly seemed to duck Lombard two years ago. Whatever the case was at that time, he isn't going to get the benefit of the doubt now.

Did he really "run his mouth" though or did a reporter ask him who he would rather fight?
He didn't think his answer through.
So yeah, he let his words get away
from him. Cause now, Woodley is
using them against him. Personally,
I appreciate & agree with the sentiment

you think it's stupid for a prize fighter to call out a fighter that would make him the most money? throw in the fact that the other guy is coming off a suspension. yeah....
this,
some people forget that the fighter are making a living from their work, and it would be stupid to fight for 300k$ when you can make a couple millions,
especially in this sport, where you may have only one opportunity to make the millions dollars fight

Why is it assumed that Diaz/Woodley would even be a money fight?

That's what I'm saying. How much money does Nick really bring to the table at this point as opposed to Stephen Thompson? It couldn't be that much more if any. Most likely it's just a false excuse he's throwing out like when he said he wouldn't fight Lombard because they were friends when Lombard basically said not true let's fight.

Woodley certainly seemed to duck Lombard two years ago. Whatever the case was at that time, he isn't going to get the benefit of the doubt now.
They were training partners.

Not the Lawler/Woodley type of
training partner either. But long time
ATT stand outs who had rose to the
top in their respective orgs at the
same time whilst training with the
same people. In all likelihood,
Woodley also knew Lombard would
eventually piss hot. So where would
Woodley be had he taken that high
risk, non title fight against a cheater
& teammate?

I doubt he'd be carrying the belt right
now. So he obviously knows the best
way to manage his career. Why would
he stop now?

He has no obligations towards roid
raging cheaters with no belt.

If he wants a money fight, he should be trying to get GSP to come fight him. If he wants the rightful challenger, he should call out Wonderboy. Or the best option, act like a champ for Christ's sake and let others call you out.

I think it's real stupid for Woodley to call out Nick Diaz when Nick hasn't won a fight since I can't even remember....Why do these new champs keep calling out guys like this...I'm starting to hate these new champions that are seemingly hand picking their opponents and not fighting the rightful contenders...and who the hell did Woodley beat to get his opportunity?Gastellum?....But he claims the man who beat Hendricks and Rory(who beat Woodley by the way)doesn't deserve his shot?...Hey Woodley!....Wonderboy earned his shot at the belt!Deal with it!...man up and take the fight...Don't be scared homie!!!

"He wants that money fight but I'll put this foot upside his head" -Stephen Wonderboy Thompson
You answered your own question. Nick Diaz is the money fight. Why would Woodley want to fight Thompson?

this,
some people forget that the fighter are making a living from their work, and it would be stupid to fight for 300k$ when you can make a couple millions,
especially in this sport, where you may have only one opportunity to make the millions dollars fight

I don't think people mean stupid in that way, obviously it's smart to want the most money you can get. The fact that the brand new champ is calling out easy fights is frustrating and not a quality people want in a champ.

It's just easier to call the whole thing dumb.

Funny how wonderboy didnt say that when he was actually talking to woodley. Karate boy is going to get slept by Twood

Too bad T-Diddle doesn't have as much confidence in himself as you do.... otherwise he wouldn't be ducking Wonderboy like a little bish

Is it me or is there a growing trend of fighters hand picking opponents? Lots of guys are getting called out and then the fight happens.
What happened to earning a shot and working your way up the ladder?

You answered your own question. Nick Diaz is the money fight. Why would Woodley want to fight Thompson?

Why would Diaz want to fight Woodley?

Even without the belt, the Lawler-Diaz fight will sell more tickets than Diaz-Woodley. lol

Has the ufc made any comments on who he's going to face?

Why would Diaz want to fight Woodley?

Even without the belt, the Lawler-Diaz fight will sell more tickets than Diaz-Woodley. lol

Would be epic if diaz fights lawler and t wood has to fight wonderboy

He wants the money fight then he should earn it rather then trying to feed of the marquee names of other fighters. Defend the belt a few times, get noticed and gain some popularity and then Woodely can demand a money fight. Woodely should focus on fighting the top contender in the division, perhaps avenging that loss to Rory where he got dominated. He has no right to demand any big fights right now.

Too bad T-Diddle doesn't have as much confidence in himself as you do.... otherwise he wouldn't be ducking Wonderboy like a little bish
He wants GSP the WW goat. Not some johnny lawrence knockoff

Back