HBO's "The Wire"

If you do not like The Wire, you are probably dumb or a cuck.

You were very accurately informed. Season 5 is passable. 6-8 are the bathwater after Matt Lindland's annual hose down.

The Wire is one of the best shows ever. Seasons 1-3 are about as good as it gets. 4-5 are good enough.

Nah 2 is easily the worst season.

It's a really well written show.

Don't watch the wire if you have less than a bachelors degree. The content and large amount of charectors will be over your head. Also watch 1-2 episodes a week so you can absorb all the content.

Lots to be learned about business and dysfunction in different but comparable social institutions.

Don't watch the wire if you have less than a bachelors degree. The content and large amount of charectors will be over your head. Also watch 1-2 episodes a week so you can absorb all the content.

<{hfved}>

It's the greatest show of all time but wasn't appreciated in its day. If you're going to watch The Wire, WATCH IT - that's the best advice I have. You won't get a proper feel for the show if you put it on as background noise.

If you do not like The Wire, you are probably dumb or a cuck.

giphy.gif

first time i watched the wire i watched every season in like 4 days, at first i didnt think much of season 2, then on rewatch and reflection i think its one of the best seasons except for Ziggy that cunts unbearable, such a strong show on the social decay of society and community

I also think my disdain for Ziggy tarnished my appreciation of Season 2.

Even so I still think it is the weakest of all the seasons. But that said, it still beats the best of most TV shows best seasons.

I also think my disdain for Ziggy tarnished my appreciation of Season 2.

Even so I still think it is the weakest of all the seasons. But that said, it still beats the best of most TV shows best seasons.

Yeah Ziggy killed season 2 for me, so unlikeable and cringe worthy, it made it really difficult to watch.

The Wire is chock full of wisecracks and funny scenes. I still look up some of them on youtube from time to time. How Hauk made sergeant was funny as heck.

Nah 2 is easily the worst season.

Nah, it's not.

It's often thought of as a weak season, because it's such a shock first time through to dump most of the characters and move to an entirely different locale, but when you rewatch the show, you realise that Season 2 is actually great.

Ziggy is an annoying little fuckhead, but that's kind of the point.

Frank Sobotka is one of the best characters/performances on the show.

delete this post i deleted mine, fuck sorry i wasnt thinking i just assume every cunt has seen it

Haha, good call.

Because, goddamn, that's a pivotal fuckin' moment right there.

It didn't spoil it for me, btw. I've seen The Wire five or six times now. I love that shit. I was thinking of others like TS who are just getting started.

Ziggy is an annoying little fuckhead, but that's kind of the point.

It was "the point" to have one of the most annoying characters in television history? lol, please explain. What point did he serve besides bad television?

He wasn't even annoying in the "root against this guy" sense, he was cartoonishly annoying to the point it brought down the show.

Frank Sobotka is one of the best characters/performances on the show.

More like he was the only decent character out of the dock workers. None of the characters introduced in the docks had any relevance to future seasons. You know why? Because they sucked and weren't worth keeping around. Every other season had the new characters continue to play a role.

Back