HBO's "The Wire"

MaureenCretis

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I'm not huge on TV, but I watched Dexter seasons 1-4 a while back and am about to start watching The Wire. Or am I wasting my time and should be watching something else?

A lot of people on here say The Wire is a really good show. Prob as good as The Walking Dead. I'd give it a shot!

The Wire is an excellent show.
Watch it.

I'd heard the quality suffered badly after season 4. Was I misinformed?

You were very accurately informed. Season 5 is passable. 6-8 are the bathwater after Matt Lindland's annual hose down.

The Wire is one of the best shows ever. Seasons 1-3 are about as good as it gets. 4-5 are good enough.

You were very accurately informed. Season 5 is passable. 6-8 are the bathwater after Matt Lindland's annual hose down.

The Wire is one of the best shows ever. Seasons 1-3 are about as good as it gets. 4-5 are good enough.

In which case, ill leave Dexter where I left him.

Have to say, I'm not disappointed with this first episode. Plus there's a shitload of actors I'm recognising.

I'm 20 minutes into the first episode now, and already recognise 2 people from their gifs on here.

lol, so many gif worthy moments in that show.
The-Wire-SHIT-Clay-Davis.gif

I'd heard the quality suffered badly after season 4. Was I misinformed?
I dont know, have only seen 2-3 episodes and thought the show was horrible.. I was just wondering why you would mention you watched 4 seasons of dexter before asking about the wire and why you wouldnt just finish dexter first

I wasn't a fan of season 2 of the Wire. It was almost like it was a totally different show with just a few of the characters returning here and there for cameos. I mean they tied it all in together by the end but it almost seemed to me that they had a completely different idea of where the show was going and then got some negative backlash with season 2 and then made a U turn and went back to what was successful in the first place.

I dont know, have only seen 2-3 episodes and thought the show was horrible.. I was just wondering why you would mention you watched 4 seasons of dexter before asking about the wire and why you wouldnt just finish dexter first

I getcha. Was a great show, especially the series with John Lithgow, but I was happy to go on advice and get out before the quality tanked. Think there was a scriptwriter strike or something when it went south, which is understandable.

Back