HBO's "The Wire"

It takes about half the first season to get into the story just because there is so much going on. Then around season three you realize it's probably top 3 shows ever made.

One of the GOAT shows of all-time. Simply amazing.

Not as good as breaking bad
DzPiRWg.gif

It's the kind of show that you can and shoukd watch more than once. You'll notice all kinds of shit connects from the beginning and throughout.
Season 2 was my least favorite, but it has some important moments, and the focus shifts back towards issues from the first season. A lot of people love 4. It's pretty good. The show doesn't get to be bad like say a season six of Mad Men. Also, after you watch the series once, check out clips on Youtube for some intelligent discussion. Also, don't do that until after you finish the show. Don't look up the show, either. Spoilers are bound to happen if you do.

Not as good as breaking bad
Not true.

You were very accurately informed. Season 5 is passable. 6-8 are the bathwater after Matt Lindland's annual hose down.

The Wire is one of the best shows ever. Seasons 1-3 are about as good as it gets. 4-5 are good enough.
Listen to this man.

The Wire is the best television series ever made, hands down.

Cuz it went downhill. The last season was utter crap...the series finale was the worst I've seen, imo.

I don't think so. Dexter was continuously good, its first 3 seasons were the best thing I'd ever seen. Season 4 till the conclusion were still very good but since 1-3 were so excellent people were let down by 4-conclusion. But IMO, they were still good seasons.

I don't get why people continue to cry about the finale. I had no qualms with the way it ended. I watched it after the series had concluded so I didn't read about the reviews and how people complained so bitterly about it during the time. I think it was the trend at the time, let's all hate Dexter. Perhaps, if I had known the reviews were so bad, I too would've gone in already with a preconceived notion the finale was going to be crap. Luckily, I stayed away from all the negative of all the backlash.

I thought it was a beautiful ending with Debra and etc. As for his Dexter himself, I think people *spoilers ahead for those who haven't seen it* people wanted him to get caught or kill himself. I enjoyed the fact he had decided to live his life as he did in the end.

The Wire
Dexter
Sopranos

Will be shows I will continue to return to. This was television at its best. Nothing yet as come close to it. There have been mini series like Band of Brothers, The Night Of, True Detective that were absolutely amazing shows but they fall into another category.

I don't think so. Dexter was continuously good, its first 3 seasons were the best thing I'd ever seen. Season 4 till the conclusion were still very good but since 1-3 were so excellent people were let down by 4-conclusion. But IMO, they were still good seasons.

I don't get why people continue to cry about the finale. I had no qualms with the way it ended. I watched it after the series had concluded so I didn't read about the reviews and how people complained so bitterly about it during the time. I think it was the trend at the time, let's all hate Dexter. Perhaps, if I had known the reviews were so bad, I too would've gone in already with a preconceived notion the finale was going to be crap. Luckily, I stayed away from all the negative of all the backlash.

I thought it was a beautiful ending with Debra and etc. As for his Dexter himself, I think people *spoilers ahead for those who haven't seen it* people wanted him to get caught or kill himself. I enjoyed the fact he had decided to live his life as he did in the end.

The Wire
Dexter
Sopranos

Will be shows I will continue to return to. This was television at its best. Nothing yet as come close to it. There have been mini series like Band of Brothers, The Night Of, True Detective that were absolutely amazing shows but they fall into another category.
Seasons 6-8 of Dexter were godawful television. You couldn't let go. Face it, if the series had started with that quality, then nobody would give a shit about that show.

Just go look at the per-episode ratings on IMDb. The people aren't lying. It's decline is quality is unlike any other show ever made that was that great for that long:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0773262/eprate

I do worry for The Walking Dead. It's not looking good. But it won't come close to that fall-off, I predict.

Seasons 6-8 of Dexter were godawful television. You couldn't let go. Face it, if the series had started with that quality, then nobody would give a shit about that show.

Just go look at the per-episode ratings on IMDb. The people aren't lying. It's decline is quality is unlike any other show ever made that was that great for that long:

I do worry for The Walking Dead. It's not looking good. But it won't come close to that fall-off, I predict.

I don't take IMDB ratings very seriously since people tend to jump on side of the spectrum of the other when there is a type of debate. You'll see a bunch of 10's or 1's.

As I stated, I enjoyed Dexter a great deal and will be a show I continue to return to. Like, Gandolfini who played Tony Soprano, I cannot picture anybody else but Michael C Hall playing Dexter Morgan. His acting was sublime. I think with time, when a new generation of Dexter fans pop up, they'll find the show as one of the all-time greats.

Last edited:
I don't take IMDB ratings very seriously since people tend to jump on side of the spectrum of the other when there is a type of debate. You'll see a bunch of 10's or 1's.

As I stated, I enjoyed Dexter a great deal and will be a show I continue to return to. Like, Gandolfini who played Tony Soprano, I cannot picture about else but Michael C Hall playing Dexter Morgan. His acting was sublime.
Well, the ratio of 10's and 1's is telling. Paradigm shift. It isn't an accident. Dexter terminated in an agonizing poverty of craftmanship and good writing. It was so confused. They had no idea what to do. Terrible. Just trbl.

Well, the ratio of 10's and 1's is telling. Paradigm shift. It isn't an accident. Dexter terminated in an agonizing poverty of craftmanship and good writing. It was so confused. They had no idea what to do. Terrible. Just trbl.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

giphy.gif

Yea but I still wanna know where the fuck he is.

Also, Namond was the biggest bitch on the show, by far.

Lol Namond wasn't even in HS and his Moms was trying to make him run a fucking corner.

Just because Michael was a straight up G doesn't mean Namond was a bitch.

Just started rewatching Season 2 last night. Went through 4 and 5 last month.
first time i watched the wire i watched every season in like 4 days, at first i didnt think much of season 2, then on rewatch and reflection i think its one of the best seasons except for Ziggy that cunts unbearable, such a strong show on the social decay of society and community

first time i watched the wire i watched every season in like 4 days, at first i didnt think much of season 2, then on rewatch and reflection i think its one of the best seasons except for Ziggy that cunts unbearable, such a strong show on the social decay of society and community

Same feelings on Season 2.

I liked it but thought it was much weaker than the other seasons. I like it a lot more on the rewatch.

Lol Namond wasn't even in HS and his Moms was trying to make him run a fucking corner.

Just because Michael was a straight up G doesn't mean Namond was a bitch.

Punked by Kenard...tried telling his dad he woulda punked chris and snoop...watched his buddy get beat down and didn't help...relentlessly bullied dukie...etc.

Straight bitch. My only regret is that kenard didn't off his ass.

But yea, his mom was perhaps the most horrible human being on the show.

Last edited:
Same feelings on Season 2.

I liked it but thought it was much weaker than the other seasons. I like it a lot more on the rewatch.
grat characters like the greek and soboka, have you seen Love/Hate? its an Irish crime/gangster show and its a classic, check it out if you havent

MV5BZTk5MmVjMjctYTQ1Mi00NWYyLWJlZTgtMWY1YzRkYjRjZDJjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzM0MDQ1Mw@@._V1_.jpg

Back