HBO's "The Wire"

I actually really liked Tom Hanks kid as the bad guy

I wasn't a fan of that role or performance. Olmos was reasonably well cast in his role, but there were some moments where Colin Hanks faced some pretty heavy acting demands with his psychological stuff and I thought he fell a little short of the mark.

in for weekly "should i watch the wire" circlejerk about how great the wire is

also bubbles is best character
tumblr_m1b9orPC7S1rsr9dwo1_250.gif

I wasn't a fan of that role or performance. Olmos was reasonably well cast in his role, but there were some moments where Colin Hanks faced some pretty heavy acting demands with his psychological stuff and I thought he fell a little short of the mark.

The "Hello Whore" scene itself was worth of an Emmy lol.

I'm just a fan of the kid in general. I love the show he had called The Good Guys with Bradley Whitford.

I getcha. Was a great show, especially the series with John Lithgow, but I was happy to go on advice and get out before the quality tanked. Think there was a scriptwriter strike or something when it went south, which is understandable.
oh. I heard the wire is great I just could never get into it... I may try again soon.

Just make sure you study that boy Cheese. He was the Realest one in the Wire. He kept it 100% and was down for some diabolical shit.

You should just watch the first 4 seasons of the Wire too.

Season 5 has a great series finale but is the worst season on the show.

Season 1 starts out slow but hang in there you will enjoy it alot more on the rewatch

Season 2 and Season 3 are both top notch, Season 3 Episode 11 is my favorite episode of the Wire.

Season 4 is considered the best season of the Wire by most fans. The season 4 finale is a close 2nd place on my favorite episodes list.

I love this show, easily top 5 Favorite tv show all time

The "Hello Whore" scene itself was worth of an Emmy lol.

I'm just a fan of the kid in general. I love the show he had called The Good Guys with Bradley Whitford.

Not bad, but it's no "bitches leave."

It is way better than Walking trash. Writing, acting, character development, everything about it is better.

I'm not huge on TV, but I watched Dexter seasons 1-4 a while back and am about to start watching The Wire. Or am I wasting my time and should be watching something else?

Watch that shit! Underrated and one of the best shows OF ALL TIME*
*Breaking bad is extremely close though.

Just have to make it through season one.

Great show, quality TV. I quit Dexter after it pissed me off one too many times.

I'd heard the quality suffered badly after season 4. Was I misinformed?
I think season 3 was pretty silly with the ADA . as a long beachian I loved dexter because the show always had long beach easter eggs it was very obvious to anyone from LB that the show wasn't filmed in florida.

Funny thing I have gotten into this show for the first time this year. I started earlier this year and got bored with it in season 2(not a big fan of the whole dock worker storyline), took a break and then came back and finished it. Got about 4-5 episodes into season 3 and got bored with the show again so I took another break. Here over the last 6 or 7 days I've watched the rest of season 3 and holy shit fire does this show get good in season 3. Those last 5 or 6 episodes were fantastic. That was perhaps the best season of any show I've ever seen. Really stoked to get into season 4. Great show. Starts off really slow those first 2 seasons but it all really comes together in season 3.

Last edited:
I'm not huge on TV, but I watched Dexter seasons 1-4 a while back and am about to start watching The Wire. Or am I wasting my time and should be watching something else?

Keep watching Dexter it's a better show.

Back