Hazing

Naw, he's a good guy. Always was a good guy. We were kids trying to fit in. I'm teaching his daughter post moves

When he's breaking balls (during Madden) and I'm at lost for a wit or Im getting routed, I break that out as a last resort. He doesn't get mad, he just kinda shuts own and waits for me to shut up about it. We've all done things in are youth that are incomprehensible to us as adults.

These days I think hazing has its place as long as the coach, or guardian of the group is in on it, and can lay out the acceptable parameters.

You're saying this actually happened? I thought you were joking...

That is a known joke that would never actually happen. Either two things happened. One, you're friend is fucking with you or he is legit the weirdest guy ever, as are the people that allegedly wanted to take part in this.

If you said you saw it, I'd believe you because you're a solid guy... Then I'd throw up in my mouth a little at the fact that people actually attempted this. But this is a well-known joke to scare people. I can't imagine even the most depraved people actually carrying it out...

That is a known joke that would never actually happen. Either two things happened. One, you're friend is fucking with you or he is legit the weirdest guy ever, as are the people that allegedly wanted to take part in this.

If you said you saw it, I'd believe you because you're a solid guy... Then I'd throw up in my mouth a little at the fact that people actually attempted this. But this is a well-known joke to scare people. I can't imagine even the most depraved people actually carrying it out...

...cue the karaoke !

Yes, particularly with minors. Actually anything associated with the school they have the right to set rules over

To what extent should they rule students' lives? When my aunt went to school they had hours when you had to be in your room and then "lights out" hours. You would actually get in trouble for covering the crack under your door and studying after lights out. Is this a good idea? Should we bring it back? What things should/shouldn't the administration allow students to do?

A member of a marching band died in a hazing incident, another band member has been sentenced to prison.
http://espn.go.com/college-football...r-sentenced-famu-hazing-death-robert-champion

Should hazing be a crime? By that I mean, if I choose to do something harmful b/c you told me to, are you a criminal? I'm not talking about if you do do something harmful to me, that is a crime.

What do people think of hazing? I never understood it, in college it was prevalent in fraternities and hence they had no appeal to me.

black people haze differently than white people do. they are much worse. this is only from what i have heard but i believe him yo

hazing done right builds bonds. hazing done wrong is just asshole and does nothing

my frat hazed and it was good. we weren't getting our asses kicked and we sure as fuck were not allowed to drink and we never had to do any gay ass shit

it was mostly shit like eating onions and shit like that, some PT, and no fucking sleep.

black people haze differently than white people do. they are much worse. this is only from what i have heard but i believe him yo

hazing done right builds bonds. hazing done wrong is just asshole and does nothing

my frat hazed and it was good. we weren't getting our asses kicked and we sure as fuck were not allowed to drink and we never had to do any gay ass shit

it was mostly shit like eating onions and shit like that, some PT, and no fucking sleep.

The more they learn about sleep, the more bad things they find out are associated w/ not getting it.

I'm not saying you'll wind up in the former NFL players' ward, but it's not all harmless either.

The people in charge of the military have decided that hazing is incompatible w/ their organization(I know, basic training arguably is hazing, but let's say "unofficial hazing").

If a fraternity says that it is compatible w/ their organization, there is a difference.

colleges could do the same. doesnt have to be a fraternity.

Has too may homoerotic undertones for my tastes.

To what extent should they rule students' lives? When my aunt went to school they had hours when you had to be in your room and then "lights out" hours. You would actually get in trouble for covering the crack under your door and studying after lights out. Is this a good idea? Should we bring it back? What things should/shouldn't the administration allow students to do?

That's a bit too broad a subject to get into. In this case, school can set boundaries on " team functions", which hazing falls under.

lol It's highschool football in Southwestern Ontario during the late eighties...I'm shocked that you're shocked.

Word?

Could you um...you know, back this up with a link, or a personal experience, or something?

you think hazing is allowed in the military?

https://www.dso.ufl.edu/documents/sccr/army-policy-hazing.pdf

try not to be a total moron. basic googling goes a long way.

You've got to be trolling here. C'mon man, it happens every damn day in the military.

Are we clear?
crystal%20clear%20few%20good%20.jpg

Jocks being jocks and taking it too far basically.

When it's amongst men there is something very clearly homoerotic about it too.

you think hazing is allowed in the military?

https://www.dso.ufl.edu/documents/sccr/army-policy-hazing.pdf

try not to be a total moron. basic googling goes a long way.

It's clear to me you did Google that and that you aren't in the Military... seeing as you know apparently know nothing about it.

Stick to talking about things you actually know something about, Bud.

Hazing happens all the time in the Armed Forces... At just about every level.

Last edited:
It's clear to me you did Google that and that you aren't in the Military... seeing as you know apparently know nothing about it.

Stick to talking about things you actually know something about, Bud.

Hazing happens all the time in the Armed Forces... At just about every level.

i did 6 in the navy.....

"hazing" isnt allowed. traditions are allowed that look like hazing, like the shellback thing. It is VERY closely monitored. COs lose their jobs over it every month or so.

do i need to bring those up specifically, or would you rather we just not back anything up with facts.

i did 6 in the navy.....

"hazing" isnt allowed. traditions are allowed that look like hazing, like the shellback thing. It is VERY closely monitored. COs lose their jobs over it every month or so.

do i need to bring those up specifically, or would you rather we just not back anything up with facts.

Yes, I would like an account of the many CO's lose their job every month or so. I'll check back around the 12th of never. Because that's one of the most outright fallacies I've heard in the War Room. Which is saying something...

The fact is (And it is a fact) that although officially against regulations, Hazing not only exists, but is an extremely common occurrence and again, happens to an extent at most every level. There's really nothing to debate...

Yes, I would like an account of the many CO's lose their job every month or so. I'll check back around the 12th of never. Because that's one of the most outright fallacies I've heard in the War Room. Which is saying something...

The fact is (And it is a fact) that although officially against regulations, Hazing not only exists, but is an extremely common occurrence and again, happens to an extent at most every level. There's really nothing to debate...

so does fraternization, whats your point. its still banned

so does fraternization, whats your point. its still banned

That's precisely my point, you're playing a game of semantics. It's a very common occurrence and the unless things get out of hand, the Commands turn a blind eye to it... and even encourage it in some cases. Referencing the Navy since you were in it, Hazing occurs in everything from the Chief Selection process to SF. Not to mention it's very common within the lower enlisted ranks. What happened when you received your first Chevron?

Even in the Officer Ranks it occurs. The abuse I had to put up with as a George Ensign could absolutely be considered hazing. All encouraged and allowed...

That's precisely my point, you're playing a game of semantics. It's a very common occurrence and the unless things get out of hand, the Commands turn a blind eye to it... and even encourage it in some cases. Referencing the Navy since you were in it, Hazing occurs in everything from the Chief Selection process to SF. Not to mention it's very common within the lower enlisted ranks. What happened when you received your first Chevron?

Even in the Officer Ranks it occurs. The abuse I had to put up with as a George Ensign could absolutely be considered hazing. All encouraged and allowed...

my first chevron... nothing. there was a little joking about pinning it on, but it wasnt something we actually did. our CO ran a tight ship and didnt allow that kind of thing.

chief selection has an exemption from the whole hazng thing, every year or so someone makes a problem out of it and it has to be tweaked. shellback was by far the gayest thing i have ever done, but i wouldnt call it hazing. its not like anyone was going to get physically hurt.

Did you serve back in the 60s or something? the navy is a lot more PC now. gets more so every day, one of the reasons i left.

Back