Hazing

calling hazing a crime is like calling teasing a crime..... way too general.

Sounds retarded.

You don't need to bully or sodomize people to build respect. Unless you are some form of perv.

Who said anything about bullying or sodomizing people? It's equal parts amusing and concerning to me that people think when people carry on traditions in a male organizaiton of any kind, the first thought always goes to Male Sodomy or something ridiculous. I think you've watched 'Revenge of the Nerds' one too many times, man.

Tbh, you sound bitter. Like someone who never got the opportunity to be part of a group... Your tone gives you away.

Silver, Lemon and Amnesia is what I use to haze. This type of shit is pathetic.

I'm not sure what you mean by "cross any real lines", but let me ask you this. Do you think any of the people being hazed in your experiences wished the hazing had been less, or even absent altogether?

Crossing any real lines by the reasonable person standard. But tailored to the organization you're trying to join...

To answer your question, yes I'm sure some people did. Myself included at times... But that doesn't mean it wasn't fun. Rushing is full of shit you don't want to do at the time, but then get drunk and laugh about it afterwards having earned respect, bonded with your Brothers and met copious amounts of girls. I met more girls doing embarrassing things during that short time than ever before in my life...

Who said anything about bullying or sodomizing people? It's equal parts amusing and concerning to me that people think when people carry on traditions in a male organizaiton of any kind, the first thought always goes to Male Sodomy or something ridiculous. I think you've watched 'Revenge of the Nerds' one too many times, man.

Tbh, you sound bitter. Like someone who never got the opportunity to be part of a group... Your tone gives you away.

Aside from the Dirty Cracker atrocity, most of the hazing I sawvwas pretty tame.

In university they made us shave our heads (I got a pass: dreads) and we always had to carry the the seniors gym bags for a couple of games.

It's my view that benign hazing or weird gayish hazing depends on the leadership in the particular group.

You get the broomsticks with the Barry Switzer types, and you have to buy the some seniors some taco-bell with the Tony Dunngy types.

There was a high school team near me and a few older players sodomized at least two underclass men.

Aside from the Dirty Cracker atrocity, most of the hazing I sawvwas pretty tame.

In university they made us shave our heads (I got a pass: dreads) and we always had to carry the the seniors gym bags for a couple of games.

It's my view that benign hazing or weird gayish hazing depends on the leadership in the particular group.

You get the broomsticks with the Barry Switzer types, and you have to buy the some seniors some taco-bell with the Tony Dunngy types.

Nailed it...

And lol at the Dirty Cracker incident. haha.

Crossing any real lines by the reasonable person standard. But tailored to the organization you're trying to join...

To answer your question, yes I'm sure some people did. Myself included at times... But that doesn't mean it wasn't fun. Rushing is full of shit you don't want to do at the time, but then get drunk and laugh about it afterwards having earned respect, bonded with your Brothers and met copious amounts of girls. I met more girls doing embarrassing things during that short time than ever before in my life...

It sounds like now you don't wish it had been less, is that right? That is what I should've asked, if you/they wish now it had been less then.

There was a high school team near me and a few older players sodomized at least two underclass men.

It always seems so weird to me that on one hand society has traditionally held that sports was one of the pathways towards the masculine ideal, yet their is always that strange under current...

I honestly wonder if it's a twisted remnant of the old school greek mentor ship thing.

Yeah, those are sociopaths and criminals. If true, I hope they're still rotting in Prison.

If you say hey I wanna be apart of this club and then get told to be part of it a bunch of dudes have to spank you, you have a choice. You can say not what I want to be a part of and walk away or you can say yes you guys can spank me. If you get hurt because of a choice you made it's your fault.

If you say no and they still hurt you then that's assault.

At my work everyone is always busting everyone else's balls. One day a guy had some headphones in and was dancing up a storm. Someone said he looks like that chick blossom so later on he called the guy blossom. The guy got really upset and said it was harassment so now he gets talked to nicely but he will never be anyone's friend.

If you say hey I wanna be apart of this club and then get told to be part of it a bunch of dudes have to spank you, you have a choice. You can say not what I want to be a part of and walk away or you can say yes you guys can spank me. If you get hurt because of a choice you made it's your fault.

If you say no and they still hurt you then that's assault.

That's pretty much my opinion, but I wanted to hear what other people thought.

To this day whenever a certain friend of mine is joking around and getting the best of me via busting my chops, all I have to say is:

"Well at least I'm not the one who had to eat the Dirty Cracker"

...and he gets this nuked expression in his face. The conversational vista empties.

What did he eat?

The lines will always get pushed and often crossed. Guys always get carried away. The leader's ego gets inflated and his subordinates will follow any order no matter how outrageous. There have been countless social psychology experiments conducted on this.

I was in the Navy and stationed on a carrier and could go on and on about the bullshit I saw. It always starts tame then quickly escalates and before long some poor kid is duct taped to a pole getting dick slapped. Or it just turns into a straight ass beating.

At my work everyone is always busting everyone else's balls. One day a guy had some headphones in and was dancing up a storm. Someone said he looks like that chick blossom so later on he called the guy blossom. The guy got really upset and said it was harassment so now he gets talked to nicely but he will never be anyone's friend.

Hahahaha :icon_lol:

An old army buddy of mine told me when he first got in his oc took his section out. The oc put a piece of bread in his mouth took it out and handed it to the 2ic who did the same. Everyone down the line had to put the bread into their mouths.

My buddy said the guy before him puked the bread out once he put it in his mouth.

Back