Television HAWKEYE Series (Premieres Nov. 24, 2021)

Me and my lady binge last night, after avoiding spoilers...kept waiting for something to happen during the Musical...wanted those minutes of our lives back....

I tapped out before the end.

A better ACS would have been Fisk lying in the alley apparently dead after Echo shot him. She walks away, the camera cuts to Fisk...who's eyes open.

I tapped out before the end.

A better ACS would have been Fisk lying in the alley apparently dead after Echo shot him. She walks away, the camera cuts to Fisk...who's eyes open.

Just about anything would've been better....

Kingpin watching the show from the balcony would've been worth it...or Matt Murdock "listening"

Just about anything would've been better....

Kingpin watching the show from the balcony would've been worth it...or Matt Murdock "listening"

I would have given this a 10/10 if they'd somehow put Kingpin and Daredevil in the after credits scene. They just stand there looking at each other. Then they start to move towards each other...cut to black;)

I would have given this a 10/10 if they'd somehow put Kingpin and Daredevil in the after credits scene. They just stand there looking at each other. Then they start to move towards each other...cut to black;)

Dude slowly revealed to be Frank Castle stepping out of a taxi with a big ass dufflebag, scans the city skyline, cabbie before pulling away shouts: "Welcome back Frank"

No desire for an Ironfist cameo?

I would be happy for all of the Defenders minus Ironfist to return.

Would require an expansion of the MCU series though. I wonder if it's as mapped into the future as the films are.

Dude slowly revealed to be Frank Castle stepping out of a taxi with a big ass dufflebag, scans the city skyline, cabbie before pulling away shouts: "Welcome back Frank"

{<redford}

Or Fisk opens his eyes after being shot, only to find out that the wound has blinded him.

Fisk, "I can't see! I CAN'T SEE!"

(Daredevil, in full costume, walks out of the shadows)

Murdoch, "Welcome to my world, Wilson..."

Jus got through catching this. Enjoyed it overall. MCU is really doing the comic genre some nice justice.

Show respect to The Don!:mad:

It's obvious that Fisk isn't trying to kill Kate; he just wants her to get out of his way so he can kill her mother. He literally walks through everything she throws at him, basically treating her the same way a BJJ Black Belt would a Blue Belt who was spazzing out while Rolling. He seems more irritated by her than anything else.

Kate is clearly way out of her league and she knows it. Her expression when Kingpin simply tears out the arrow she shot into his chest can best be described as, "Oh, CRAP!":eek: She only manages to take him down by detonating several explosive arrow heads at the same time. And that only knocks him out. He walks off an explosion that would probably have killed a normal man.

As for his confrontation with Echo, it's deliberately left ambiguous as to what happened. We only hear the gunshot. Hell, we don't even know if it's Fisk who was shot.

I didn't like the shirt either, but it was inspired by one of the comic books the series is based on.

Still a pretty weak intro for the Don!

I get that Kingpin was whooping her ass up to then, but it would've been better if they just had Kate shoot a trick arrow that disorientated Kingpin while she escaped and then the police came.

Also, it seems pretty out of character for him to come out onto the streets to grab Kate's mom on his own.

And that ambiguous ending is kinda crap. Why TF did Marvel give us a is-he-dead-or-alive ending for a fan-favourite character they just reintroduced an episode ago??? It should've been an ambiguous what-is-he-planning-next type of ending instead.

All in all, a weak closing to Kingpin's arc. WEAK!
boo-boo-i-will-boo-you.gif

I get that Kingpin was whooping her ass up to then, but it would've been better if they just had Kate shoot a trick arrow that disorientated Kingpin while she escaped and then the police came.

Also, it seems pretty out of character for him to come out onto the streets to grab Kate's mom on his own.

And that ambiguous ending is kinda crap. Why TF did Marvel give us a is-he-dead-or-alive ending for a fan-favourite character they just reintroduced an episode ago??? It should've been an ambiguous what-is-he-planning-next type of ending instead.

Kind of agree that the character was for the most part......out of character for this series.

I'm sure it's a thread they'll pull in the Echo series. I very much doubt that he's actually dead.

I'm sure it's a thread they'll pull in the Echo series. I very much doubt that he's actually dead.

I doubt he's dead too. Still, feels like a crappy way to end the series for a character they just introduced in the same episode.

I doubt he's dead too. Still, feels like a crappy way to end the series for a character they just introduced in the same episode.

Kill him and you might as well not even redevelop the very good lawyer.

Kind of agree that the character was for the most part......out of character for this series.

I have to agree, happy though I am to see The Don again. Netflix Fisk rarely got his hands dirty. Unless you were stupid enough to spoil his dinner date, that is. The Kingpin is one of the deadliest hand to hand fighters in the Marvel Universe, but he rarely threw hands unless/until he either had no option or he was sure there would be no consequences for him.

Netflix Fisk would never have been in such close contact with the Tracksuit Mafia in the first place. He would have had layers of cut outs between himself and low-level cannon fodder like that. Remember in Daredevil season one that it's a death sentence to even say Fisk's name out loud. The low-level thug who Daredevil forces to reveal the existence of the Kingpin promptly commits suicide. Because he knows Fisk will have him killed anyway, and probably his family along with him.

I think the reason they put Fisk front and centre, instead of in the background, manipulating events where he belongs, is to show how different he is from the Netflix version. Including possessing true Superhuman Strength, instead of, "just" Peak Human. So they wrote the story to get Fisk to engage with Kate, and utterly outclass her physically. While I always enjoy watching Fisk go to work, I hope they don't make him into just another gangster who relies on brute strength to get his way. The Kingpin's real threat is his brain, not his fists. He is a past-master at corrupting and manipulating other people into doing what he wants. Daredevil season 3 was a perfect example of this, with Fisk effortlessly out-thinking the FBI at every turn, until they are more or less his own private army. The scene where the SAC reveals that Fisk had one of her daughters murdered in order to force her to work for him is chilling,

"I have another daughter...":eek:

With all that said, it's still great to see the Big Man back in town. The MCU's main weakness is compelling villains, and The Don, even if he's not quite as cool as he was in the Netflix show, is still orders of magnitude better than anyone outside of Thanos and Norman Osborn. And the latter won't be coming back after No Way Home. So Marvel needs a street level villain who can pose a credible threat to the lighter weight class of heroes like Kate, Yelena, Daredevil etc. In fact, Fisk could easily become a truly world class threat by moving into politics. In the comics, he is capable of blackmailing mayors, senators and even a US Army General.

I have to agree, happy though I am to see The Don again. Netflix Fisk rarely got his hands dirty. Unless you were stupid enough to spoil his dinner date, that is. The Kingpin is one of the deadliest hand to hand fighters in the Marvel Universe, but he rarely threw hands unless/until he either had no option or he was sure there would be no consequences for him.

Netflix Fisk would never have been in such close contact with the Tracksuit Mafia in the first place. He would have had layers of cut outs between himself and low-level cannon fodder like that. Remember in Daredevil season one that it's a death sentence to even say Fisk's name out loud. The low-level thug who Daredevil forces to reveal the existence of the Kingpin promptly commits suicide. Because he knows Fisk will have him killed anyway, and probably his family along with him.

I think the reason they put Fisk front and centre, instead of in the background, manipulating events where he belongs, is to show how different he is from the Netflix version. Including possessing true Superhuman Strength, instead of, "just" Peak Human. So they wrote the story to get Fisk to engage with Kate, and utterly outclass her physically. While I always enjoy watching Fisk go to work, I hope they don't make him into just another gangster who relies on brute strength to get his way. The Kingpin's real threat is his brain, not his fists. He is a past-master at corrupting and manipulating other people into doing what he wants. Daredevil season 3 was a perfect example of this, with Fisk effortlessly out-thinking the FBI at every turn, until they are more or less his own private army. The scene where the SAC reveals that Fisk had one of her daughters murdered in order to force her to work for him is chilling,

"I have another daughter...":eek:

With all that said, it's still great to see the Big Man back in town. The MCU's main weakness is compelling villains, and The Don, even if he's not quite as cool as he was in the Netflix show, is still orders of magnitude better than anyone outside of Thanos and Norman Osborn. And the latter won't be coming back after No Way Home. So Marvel needs a street level villain who can pose a credible threat to the lighter weight class of heroes like Kate, Yelena, Daredevil etc. In fact, Fisk could easily become a truly world class threat by moving into politics. In the comics, he is capable of blackmailing mayors, senators and even a US Army General.
74vZlOI.jpg

Went in thinking this was easily going to be the worst MCU tv series thus far and came out of it thinking its easily the best one. Kate Bishop and Yelena will both add a lot to the extended universe in the future and Kingpin is obviously going to be a big bad moving forward and it was cool seeing him back into the fold. 9/10 for this series for me

I finally finished it and yeah, while I probably have to do a re-assessment, right now it's my favorite of the Disney + series so far. Less ambitious than Wandavision and Loki but I was okay with that. More in line with Falcon and the Winter Soldier in that it was more straightforward entertainment.

While not every aspect was a slam dunk, I really enjoyed it and thought Steinfeld, Renner, Pugh, etc. were great. The humor was enjoyable but didn't detract from the more serious moments. The Christmas setting was great. And, more than any other of the Disney + series so far, the season finale was very good.

My one complaint on that final episode was that the TSM guys were just too large of a group in my opinion. By making them number in the hundreds, you turned them into absolute jobber grunts, getting murked like Chi'tari in Avengers. Maybe that's okay- a lot of those guys were just rank and file criminals rather than highly trained individuals but it still seemed odd to me that they had to make it such a crazy numbers game. I feel it would have been cooler just to have a smaller group for Barton and Bishop to face and just go in-depth on the fight choreography with the limited number of adversaries.

That said, I thought the sequence with Yelena and Kate was patently funny. Even the way that it was shot, with Kate just like walking briskly after her, clearly wanting to look for her opportunity to thwart Pugh but just not having the skills to do it. Pushing all the buttons in the elevator as a strategy was hilarious.

I also like that while Kate was really skilled overall, they didn't make her crazily overpowered in her first hero appearance. She was getting schooled by Yelena and had to capitalize on the notion that Yelena did not want to kill her in order to be able to capitalize on openings. Same goes for the faceoff with Kingpin. She showed tenacity, but her ability to get the upperhand ultimately relied completely on the fact that Fisk was seemingly not interested in killing her so she was able to hang in there long enough to eventually capitalize.

Great work from Steinfeld. I thought Kate was a very likable character and look forward to her appearances in subsequent films. Renner did solid work as usual.

Back