Television HAWKEYE Series (Premieres Nov. 24, 2021)

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
HAWKEYE Limited Series Starring Jeremy Renner in the Works at Disney+

4pwrYcm.png

Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye is the latest member of the Marvel Cinematic Universe to line up his own Disney+ series.

Variety has learned from sources that Disney’s upcoming streaming service is officially developing a limited series based on the archery ace Marvel character with Renner attached to star. The project is said to be an adventure series in which Clint Barton, a.k.a. Hawkeye, will pass the torch to Kate Bishop. Bishop is a Marvel Comics character who took up the Hawkeye mantle after Barton. She is also a member of the group known as the Young Avengers.

Renner has been a part of the MCU since he first appeared as Hawkeye in an uncredited cameo in “Thor.” He has since played the role in “Avengers,” “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” and “Captain America: Civil War.” He will next appear in “Avengers: Endgame,” which hits theaters on April 26. Renner is also known for his Oscar-nominated role in “The Hurt Locker” as well as films such as “American Hustle,” “Arrival,” “The Town,” and “Wind River.”

As Variety previously reported, there are also Disney+ limited series in the works that will focus on MCU characters like Falcon and Winter Soldier, as well as Loki, Vision, and Scarlet Witch. The series are expected to be six to eight episodes. The series on the Disney+ will be produced by Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige, who has headed up the MCU for years. The shows are also expected to have large budgets compared to other television projects.

Netflix previously had its own Marvel TV universe, consisting of the shows “Daredevil,” “Jessica Jones,” “Luke Cage,” “Iron Fist,” (which all fed into “The Defenders” miniseries) and “The Punisher.” However, with the imminent launch of Disney+, all of those shows have been canceled within the past few months.

In addition, Disney+ has two unscripted Marvel shows in the works that were unveiled Wednesday. They include a series with the working title Marvel's 616 — an anthological docuseries set at the intersection of the comic giant's stories, characters and creators and everyday people — and Marvel's Hero Project, which explores the positive change several young heroes are making in their own communities.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/hawkeye-series-jeremy-renner-disney-plus-1203183398/

Jeremy Renner is good in everything, he can pull off this bullshit, even though we all know he deserved his own movie

Jeremy Renner is good in everything, he can pull off this bullshit, even though we all know he deserved his own movie
Well if one of the non-powered Avengers had to have a (PG rated Disney) movie, I'd rather have watched Hawkeye than Black Widow.

The show will probably be entertaining but it won't make me subscribe to DIsney+

A Hawkeye movie?...

hhmmm borderline leaning on no... The problem with Hawkeye in the MCU is that they've grounded the character. He's married with children and relatively calm and collected. He's not the hotheaded tail chaser of his early days as an Avenger. Unless they do an origin story and rope in Black Widow and even then we all know he ends up marrying and having kids soon so I don't know how interesting they can make him out to be.

They are making a Black Widow film but that has more potential because it can be a straight up spy movie. And we all love spy movies... With Hawkeye his origin is an orphan who learns how to shoot arrows while he's traveling with a circus. They'd have to change this but uuuhh.. I don't know. That's like reaching. I wouldn't care for a Hawkeye, War Machine, or Hulk solo movie but then again I would have never thought I would enjoy an Ant-Man movie either so there's always the possibility...

Last edited:
Could be pretty good, Renner's a solid actor.

He was good in Wind River.
HastyCarelessDeinonychus-size_restricted.gif
I love Elizabeth Olsen. My fave of the Avenger women. ScarJo is great, so is Brie, but Olsen tops it for me. I know I'm in the minority here though.

And was gonna say, hope we get to see Hawkeye's wife, used to love Cardellini in E.R

As much as I like archery, henner is the second blandest actor ever, imho.

Hard pass.
He should be honored Dragon gave him a thread.

Did anyone even read the god damned OP? The show’s not even going to feature Renner/Clint! He’ll be in the premier and then that’s likely going to be it as he passes the mantle of Hawkeye to some chick.

Good actor. Can we please get him in the purple suit with mask though? Fu disney

A Hawkeye movie?...
The problem with Hawkeye in the MCU is that they've grounded the character. He's married with children and relatively calm and collected.
They could write Hydra burning his family alive.

y3wsyv96gj621.gif

giphy.gif

Did anyone even read the god damned OP? The show’s not even going to feature Renner/Clint! He’ll be in the premier and then that’s likely going to be it as he passes the mantle of Hawkeye to some chick.
So should Dragon change his title then, from Renner to make an appearance, rather than "star"

Its bullshit that BlackWidow gets a movie and he doesnt. Dont want to hear how hot Scarlett is, she is aging and those fake boobs of hers are getting nasty with age.

Back