Television HAWKEYE Series (Premieres Nov. 24, 2021)

Show ended up being a lot better compared to what I expected, I really thought Fisk was going to have a tiny part. I still haven’t seen Black Widow and was overall pretty impressed with Florence,

Show ended up being a lot better compared to what I expected, I really thought Fisk was going to have a tiny part. I still haven’t seen Black Widow and was overall pretty impressed with Florence,

I'm actually watching BW now.

I'm liking her more and more. She's very opposite the ScarJo Black Widow, much more laid back and just more naturally funny.

I liked her interactions with Kate Bishop.

Went in thinking this was easily going to be the worst MCU tv series thus far and came out of it thinking its easily the best one. Kate Bishop and Yelena will both add a lot to the extended universe in the future and Kingpin is obviously going to be a big bad moving forward and it was cool seeing him back into the fold. 9/10 for this series for me

Agreed. The Don always throws heat:cool: He dominates every scene he's in.

Either MCU Fisk is Enhanced or he's wearing serious body armour under that(frankly hideous)shirt. He also seemed stronger than his Netflix version; ripping the car door off without any effort. And while he's obviously injured and in pain by the end, he literally walks off an arrow to the chest, getting hit by a car and an explosion.

A good ending to the most enjoyable MCU series thus far. One thing I didn't like was Clint using Natasha's secret whistle to convince Yelena. It came dangerously close to,

"You're killing...MARTHA!"

"WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?!
":rolleyes:

The elevator scene was funny. I thought Yelena and Kate Bishop played well off each other,

Yelena, "You did that really cool body-throw..."

Kate Bishop, "Thanks...stop making me like you!"

Yelena, "Sorry, I can't help it";)
Yelena and Kate have such great on screen chemistry. I'm absolutely loving Pugh as the new Black Widow.

I thought the show was fantastic. Easily my favorite MCU show (Daredevil is still tops overall).

Hailey Steinfeld killed it as Kate, and I can't wait to see more of her.

Vinny D IS Kingpin. (He's shown in the comics as having thicker than normal skin, and his extra body fat helps absorb impact, so the arrow not affecting him is in line with his character).

I want a season 2 ASAP.

I'm liking her more and more. She's very opposite the ScarJo Black Widow, much more laid back and just more naturally funny.

Pugh is a legit good actress and has a natural gift for comedy. Her chemistry with Kate(Bishop)was one of the high points of the show for me.

Me too. I'm not convinced on her accent tho. Can we get Fedor up in here to say whether it was good or not?

Good show but I think it could have been much better, some glimspes of 8 or higher but ended up around a 7 for me dawg, casting wasnt super impressive imho

Upon rewatch, I just noticed that they must've given Yelena an intentionally high hairstyle to try to mask just how much taller Hailee Steinfeld is than Florence Pugh (Google tells me its a 4 inch difference)

hawkeye-yelena-kate-bishop.jpg

9183a8ef1569c849d45f60f269419bf81075ea88.gifv

Well that was a blast! I seriously enjoyed the hell out of this series. Renner and Steinfeld played well off each other, Pugh killed it switching back and forth between silly and serial killer, and Dalton pulled off a goofy unknown quantity role. LARPers creep me out, but even they worked great in the atmosphere of this mini.

Only have two complaints:
- The girl power shit got way, way out of hand.
- The "I can do this all daaaaay!!" musical made me want to punch babies.

I haven't watched the other Marvel miniseries spin-offs, but if they're half this entertaining I'm in.

That was such a funny scene.

Loved that elevator scene. Hated the fight that came after. Yelena should've easily whooped Kate's ass.

And WTF is up with aloha Kingpin?

In Daredevil 3, Kingpin almost single-handledly whooped a trained sharpshooter and a disabled man's ass.

In Hawkeye, he got his ass whooped by a girl sharpshooter and a disabled girl, separately.

GODAMMIT MARVEL!!!

Hawkeye-Vincent-DOnofrio-Still-Marvel-Publicity-H-2021.jpg

Kingpin should've been brought one episode earlier so that the series wouldn't have been so boring.

It's getting kind of interesting now.

Did Kate's mom fiancee'd Latino stash just to sell him as a fall guy for a heist she was involved in?

Loved that elevator scene. Hated the fight that came after. Yelena should've easily whooped Kate's ass.

And WTF is up with aloha Kingpin?

In Daredevil 3, Kingpin almost single-handledly whooped a trained sharpshooter and a disabled man's ass.

In Hawkeye, he got his ass whooped by a girl sharpshooter and a disabled girl, separately.

GODAMMIT MARVEL!!!

Hawkeye-Vincent-DOnofrio-Still-Marvel-Publicity-H-2021.jpg

Show respect to The Don!:mad:

It's obvious that Fisk isn't trying to kill Kate; he just wants her to get out of his way so he can kill her mother. He literally walks through everything she throws at him, basically treating her the same way a BJJ Black Belt would a Blue Belt who was spazzing out while Rolling. He seems more irritated by her than anything else.

Kate is clearly way out of her league and she knows it. Her expression when Kingpin simply tears out the arrow she shot into his chest can best be described as, "Oh, CRAP!":eek: She only manages to take him down by detonating several explosive arrow heads at the same time. And that only knocks him out. He walks off an explosion that would probably have killed a normal man.

As for his confrontation with Echo, it's deliberately left ambiguous as to what happened. We only hear the gunshot. Hell, we don't even know if it's Fisk who was shot.

I didn't like the shirt either, but it was inspired by one of the comic books the series is based on.

Pugh is a legit good actress and has a natural gift for comedy. Her chemistry with Kate(Bishop)was one of the high points of the show for me.

I would've preferred as a post credit scene, seeing the two of them out on the town enjoying the city, then when stumbling home they get a few muggers walk up to them with intent to rob/assault....cue the two of them sharing a quick glance then end the scene just before they spring into action...

Instead we got the Broadway crap...

Good Series.

Welcome back Don Kingpin.

the Broadway crap post credit was a let down for sure, it was fine at the beginning to set the stage and poke fun at Hawkeye being the most useless Avenger

Overall it was a good show and lol at Renner being considered handsome. He looks like Yoda.

You wanted him to immediately have sexual relations in front of the kids & Kate?

His wife was probably depressed at the lack of threesomes since Nat died, and just needs to warm up to the new girl he brought home.

the Broadway crap post credit was a let down for sure, it was fine at the beginning to set the stage and poke fun at Hawkeye being the most useless Avenger

Overall it was a good show and lol at Renner being considered handsome. He looks like Yoda.

Yeah the Steve Rogers Musical got old fast.

Back