Television HAWKEYE Series (Premieres Nov. 24, 2021)

We can't assume watching the play was Day 1. For all we know, it could have been day 7 of his trip with the kids. It could have been the culmination of the vacation with his kids.

Laura is Hydra.

Lydra.
She could very well be Skrull. Skrulydra.

You wanted him to immediately have sexual relations in front of the kids & Kate?
My wife and I kiss in front of our kids.

But, we don't in front of our coworkers. Therefore, you make a solid point.

His voice changing during the same scene as if he couldn't maintain the fake voice long enough was weird.

Didn't know he had super strength to rip a car door off.

Is it possible they once again used a major baddie like one time use toilet paper?

The trick arrow manufacturing scene was a bit too long and the ice rink no look shooting was I dunno.

Did Kate had a secret identity codename in the comics?

She should have used a trick arrow to give Kingpin the fire crotch and see if that would stop him.

Would have been nice if Daredevil showed up in costume.

Yelena's got a much nicer face than ScarJo.

Disappointed the post credits scene was just extended full song version of the broadway show and not something connecting to some upcoming show or storyline.

It's a character tic they brought across from the Netflix shows. Fisk usually tries to give the impression of being calm and in control, and sometimes he is. But apart from being a Psychopath, it's also hinted that he's on the Spectrum, and suffers a lot of social anxiety. This makes it difficult for him to interact with people, especially when he's angry.

As to your other point, I would be surprised if Fisk didn't reappear. Echo is getting her own show for a start. Also, they need a street level Big Bad. Not every story needs a Thanos-level threat. And Fisk is perfect for that role.

So, is this 6 degrees of separation?

Like, Kingpin tells Elanor to take care of Clint, so she goes through Val to enlist Yelena to kill Hawkeye? Otherwise that scene in BW makes no sense.

I haven't seen E6 yet, so I don't know what lies ahead.

That's pretty much how Fisk operated in the Netflix shows, at least at the beginning. He didn't interact with the other gang leaders. All instructions were relayed through Wesley, and just saying Fisk's name aloud was enough to warrant a death sentence.

It's only later, with Wesley dead and Vanessa encouraging Fisk to be more active socially, that he comes out of his shell and takes a more hands on approach.

There's a nice little call back to the Netflix shows when Fisk meets Kate; he adjusts the cufflinks on his left hand. In the Netflix show, Fisk wore his father's cuff links after killing him.

That's pretty much how Fisk operated in the Netflix shows, at least at the beginning. He didn't interact with the other gang leaders. All instructions were relayed through Wesley, and just saying Fisk's name aloud was enough to warrant a death sentence.

It's only later, with Wesley dead and Vanessa encouraging Fisk to be more active socially, that he comes out of his shell and takes a more hands on approach.

There's a nice little call back to the Netflix shows when Fisk meets Kate; he adjusts the cufflinks on his left hand. In the Netflix show, Fisk wore his father's cuff links after killing him.

I was really missing Wesley on this show. Lol

So was Fisk;)

My favourite Kingpin scene wasn't a fight or a display of brute strength. It's Fisk and Karen Page alone in the hotel room. Fisk starts out as cold and manipulating as ever, effortlessly getting Karen to slip up and confirm that Matt is Daredevil. Then she turns the tables, admitting it was she who killed Wesley, and taunting him with details of his death.

Up until then, Fisk had been four steps ahead of everyone: the FBI, other crime lords, Daredevil etc. Fisk moves them around like pieces on his own chessboard. This is the first time we see him blindsided. D'Onforio, of course, plays it brilliantly. He doesn't say a word as Karen tell him how Wesley died. But you can see the shock and rage on his face. When she finishes by telling him,

"He died quickly, if that's any comfort. I shot him seven times. Because the gun ran out of bullets. He deserved worse!"

Fisk jumps to his feet and bellows in sheer rage. Props to Deborah Ann Woll too. Sharing an intense, one on one scene with The Don himself is like getting in the ring with Tyson Fury; if you don't bring your A Game, you're getting KTFO. But Woll manages to not be completely overshadowed by D'Onforio:cool:

I friggin knew the ending was gonna confirm something I long thought was the case.....
Hawkeye's wife was a former agent herself, and that's why she's not some maniac about the job he does. The series was hinting at it the whole time, but the confirmation was nice, as well as her former identity........Shield Agent 19 was........
Mockingbird-Hawkeye.jpg

Mockingbird.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/hawkeye-who-is-agent-19-explained-mockingbird-laura-barton-rolex/

Agreed. The Don always throws heat:cool: He dominates every scene he's in.

Either MCU Fisk is Enhanced or he's wearing serious body armour under that(frankly hideous)shirt. He also seemed stronger than his Netflix version; ripping the car door off without any effort. And while he's obviously injured and in pain by the end, he literally walks off an arrow to the chest, getting hit by a car and an explosion.

A good ending to the most enjoyable MCU series thus far. One thing I didn't like was Clint using Natasha's secret whistle to convince Yelena. It came dangerously close to,

"You're killing...MARTHA!"

"WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?!
":rolleyes:

The elevator scene was funny. I thought Yelena and Kate Bishop played well off each other,

Yelena, "You did that really cool body-throw..."

Kate Bishop, "Thanks...stop making me like you!"

Yelena, "Sorry, I can't help it";)
Hideous shirt?

OR

Comic Accurate Shirt??

5197I3pohcL._SX334_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

With the Netflix characters officially entering canon (to one degree or another). Disney should do a miniseries which shows The Hand, Hydra and the Ten Rings all competing to manipulate and control key events in history.
Hilarious espionage hijinks ensue as these shadowy organisations try and control the world.

I've read on the internet that the cufflink Kate uses to trigger the arrows and blow him up is the same one that was Fisk's father's.

I'm still happier by the way he died. <45>

Couldn't find Netflix Daredevil Bluray or DVD anywhere. WTF?

Enjoyed the series overall. Some silly fight scenes in that finale, but still my fave of the marvel shows so far

Agreed. It was a fun, grounded series (in comparison with most marvel movies) that had a decent mixture of action and comedy. It's nothing ground breaking, but It knows well enough to not take itself too seriously. Most importantly, the show gives us characters that we actually want to spend time with. The Christmas theme as a backdrop was nice, too. I thoroughly enjoyed it as a whole.

I hope we get more of Clint, Kate Bishop, and of course yelena. If not in a season two, then hopefully they can meet up again in some other marvel show.

Last edited:
Back