Have you ever worked with concrete?

No, I got soft hands and work 40 hours a week. That’s part time for real men. I just pay some knuckledraggers to do it.

For a patio it would have been better to use blocks or bricks so it can be reset later. Concrete will crack.

Well TBH, 94 lbs is not easy to lift on any other medium than a barbell. Must be absolute hell in a bag.
well, like I told my buddy when he told me, "you have to move that on your own" about my 150 pound heavy bag, "what!? You're way stronger than me, you just don't know how to lift it" I just bearhug my bag when I move it, it's simple. With a concrete bag, just place it on your forearms and hold it close to your body. (edit, or just place your arms downward, over the bag and hold it from there, I hate using silly terms like "core" but that's the way you do it, hold it close to your "core") Now, if you have to repeat that 50 times, it's hard no matter what but it's not impossible. I've seen small dudes work all day with heavy stuff like that, without complaint and with no problems. A bit of experience can help.

Last edited:
No, I got soft hands and work 40 hours a week. That’s part time for real men. I just pay some knuckledraggers to do it.
that's smart, and easy if you got the dough. But.., I always wonder how some people live the rest of their lives being lazy, I'm not saying it's wrong because people who don't do the shit can and have hurt themselves. But I've just seen such laziness in my time that it makes me wonder how people hold down jobs. but honestly, mental work has always been harder for me, sitting down, thinking hard and analyzing and I've known people that don't like to move that just excel at that type of work. It's strange.

For your hands, good gloves are mandatory for anyone, calloused hands or not. Hands are just hands and getting them pinched, banged and scraped is stupid and not fun. Why do that when you can simply get a good pair of work gloves from seven eleven for 10 bucks or less? I'm a pianist so those things are important to me and a major reason I stopped doing moves/labor etc..,

Last edited:
cc-as13-concreteqanda-rebar_10991824.png
After about 45 minutes....

Me: I quit

They must get paid a fuckton. I can't imagine doing that job for $20-$40 an hour.

Never worked with Concreate before. Is he hard to deal with? I bet he cracks under pressure, that sand bag!

that's smart, and easy if you got the dough. But.., I always wonder how some people live the rest of their lives being lazy, I'm not saying it's wrong because people who don't do the shit can and have hurt themselves. But I've just seen such laziness in my time that it makes me wonder how people hold down jobs. but honestly, mental work has always been harder for me, sitting down, thinking hard and analyzing and I've known people that don't like to move that just excel at that type of work. It's strange.

For your hands, good gloves are mandatory for anyone, calloused hands or not. Hands are just hands and getting them pinched, banged and scraped is stupid and not fun. Why do that when you can simply get a good pair of work gloves from seven eleven for 10 bucks or less? I'm a pianist so those things are important to me and a major reason I stopped doing moves/labor etc..,
Id rather pay a pro to do it right the first time than me guess & butcher it. Also, physical labor is not my thing. Hats off to dudes who can do a whole career of that. Most of them are miserable when they stop working tho cause of all the trauma to their body.

Id rather pay a pro to do it right the first time than me guess & butcher it. Also, physical labor is not my thing. Hats off to dudes who can do a whole career of that. Most of them are miserable when they stop working tho cause of all the trauma to their body.
You're not wrong, especially if you have no interest or passion. I just think it's stupid to get ripped off because you can't change your own oil or work on simple stuff around your house. I've seen some insanely intelligent guys who turn full retard when they have to work with their hands. We're all different, some people love the abstract or even if they don't love it, are great at it. I never really liked that type of thinking or work, it's not that I can't do it well, it's that it does require more patience with less physical action which makes me stir crazy.

The injury part is a serious consideration, some Doc on youtube called it some sort of bane to white men to climb a ladder and called it one of the top killers. That's a real thing to think about and bypass the ego and just hire someone.

I worked with humans who seemed as dumb as concrete.

Christ.
1 cubic meter of standard concrete weighs 2,400kgs (2.4metric tons).
a cubic yard is SLIGHTLY smaller than a cubic meter (a yard is 91% of a meter) but barely any less.

So 10cubic meters of concrete = 24tons / 24,000kgs and 12 cubic meters = 28,800kgs.
That's a hell of a lot of cargo for any vehicle to carry at one time.
A yard is roughly 9% shorter than a metre, but when you cube them the difference is compounded, so a cubic metre is actually about 31% bigger.

The general gross max weight for lorries in the US is 40 US tons (45.2 in the UK, except road-rail, which is 48½). The empty vehicle weighs ~16½, so 12 cubic metres would indeed be a lot. I've never heard of 12 before actually, they usually only go up to 8 in the UK, with the odd 10 for big firms.

Not very talented with menial labour. Like, I consider it an achievement to successfully put together Ikea furniture correctly.

anbAR0L_700b.jpg

Yes you're right, people that do manual labour without the larger machinery are generally strong. You need to pace yourself but sometimes time demands require you set to.

I've done a few foundations and slabs by hand in my time. If it's all next to where you need it, it ain't to bad. The wheel barrow part can be the worst on some sites. Especially as wheelbarrows are made for midgets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wavemeter
Back