Have you ever had a workout so strenuous that you wanted to throw up?

Well yesterday I was working on my squat form. I did some cardio and then after cardio I did 20 rep squats and some ab exercises.

After warming up

225x5
225x5
225x5
225x5
225x5

30 minutes of hard cardio, in a sweat suit

Then I had the brilliant idea of doing a 20 rep set of squats

115x20
115x20

200 crunches
100 reverse crunches

Honestly I didnt think my workout was particularly hard in terms of the weight I moved. I didnt do heavy squats. I was mainly trying to work on my form. I think it was the cardio followed by the 2 sets of 20 rep squats.

As for what I ate. 2 hours before I ate some mahi mahi with rice and side of veggies

Depending on what you do and how hard you did it, cardio alone could make you puke. But doing squats and crunches (movements that actually squeeze your guts) probably helped. I never do cardio the same days as heavy lifts, so I haven't experienced it. But I know just running hard sometimes makes me want to puke.

What's mahi mahi?

Sounds like some kind of japanese dish...

Once in football I puked. On of the freshman coaches asked a JV player to carry a bag of balls from the locker room to the practice field. The JV player essentially said no and told the coach he didn't have to listen to him. As a result all three squads ran gassers (4x the football field width) for forty five minutes. That was not fun.

I was also close last Wednesday. Day one of the Coan-Phillippi deadlift program.

I feel like puking every time I train events, but I never quite let it go. Sometimes some dry heaves. I'm a poor finisher.

From cardio-kinda stuff, there's been a couple of times I've been close. But agree with the lightheaded thing from lifting.. never feel sick from weights.

man this happens to me a lot. i dont usually throw up from it but it sucks to have to slow down because you know its coming

Its happened to me while doing a lot of reps with a short rest period. I would suggest:

1. Slow down a little [if possible].

2. Don't eat any "heavy" foods for at least 2-3 hours before your workout.

3. Skip dairy products before your workout.

4. Don't chug water while your working out.

Last time i can remember puking during a workout is when we had something stupid like 20 rounds of sparring, i think 2 -3 min rounds. That was after i ate a dinner that was too big and too heavily based in gravy for the amount of activity. Weight training usually leaves me as a space cadet but the odd time i'm close to puking if it's high rep squats or something

I sometimes get the pukey feeling and it's usually when I'm doing GM's at the end of my deadlift day uggg. Never thrown up from lifting though, only cardio, damn weighted wheel barrow pushes....

I was chugging water towards the end of the workout. Maybe thats what did it.

Yah I've puked a couple of times while doing crazy cardio but it's never happened while I was just lifting.

Arthur Jones said that if you've never puked from doing just one set of barbell curls, then you aren't training hard enough.

when I was training mt I got that feeling during every class, but I never actually threw up.

I have gotten it once or twice since then from a heavy squat workout.

i usually feel like i'm just gonna shit my pants during squats and i don't really enjoy that "high" feeling i get sometimes after squats or deadlifts.

lifting? never... ive had a lot of practices where ive dry heaved. and a match or two that i passed out after

Back