Have you ever had a workout so strenuous that you wanted to throw up?

Ninjelaphant

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
if so, how often?

i just experienced one of these workouts a few hours ago. It was really the first time ive ever felt like throwing up during or after a workout. Even after the first time i started grappling i never felt so tired and had a feeling like tonight.

And as I was laying on the bathroom floor I was wondering if my workouts are too mellow and should I be pushing myself more. Or should I not be getting to the point where I feel like throwing up. Seems like a stupid question I know, but it's bugging me now. I don't take working out lightly and Im no curl monkey. I do a lot of compound lifts and stuff that a real lifter should be doing.

I didnt throw up btw, it turned out to be nasty gas coming out of both ends. lol :redface:

But the question still stands, as dumb as it may be.

I'd say daily is too often, but if you've only done it once, that's not enough.

wanted to? not wanted to, but more forced to. and the puke came up and out my mouth.

I've never clamped my mouth so tight trying to keep it in that it sprayed out my nose.

I was talking with some of the football players for my university about their conditioning drills.

They always mentioned the puke buckets next to each station.

I experiences it sometimes when doing especially intense interval training running. Also, I've been starting complexes lately, and I feel I could get to that point with just a little more weight (which I'll get to eventually).

But lifting? Never... is it possible to get to that point if no cardio is involved? What were your training session's reps and sets?

As a side note, I have to admit I'm not yet to the point where I can lift acceptable numbers. When I get there ans squat 100kg (current goal), maybe I'll experience the same puking feeling.

I'm curious what sort of workout it was.

Squatting for a new 1 rep max will more likely make you light headed. Not sure what testing a 20 rep max would do though.

Weighttraining with some rowers, high reps short rest, made me puke more than once.

There's nothing good about puking up due to training. It might sound cool but it isn't. That said, I have been in a similar situation but it's not good to feel like that.

I've felt close a couple times, but never actually caused a reversal of fortune.

I had that happen a few times but it's mostly occuring during high rep workouts....all out 1 rep workouts are more likely to leave u light head and collapsed on the floor with all the energy drained out of you....esp if u fight for it for several or more seconds...

easy ways to make yourself puke: pick a major compound exercise and go 15+ reps...that's it...some days you will be less strong than others and it will happen....also if u train to failure and beyond for high reps it's also very likely. Some machines can also do the trick. I used to get it a lot during high rep sets of hyperextension machine....reps of 20-30 usually did the trick...

Never had it happen during a gym workout but felt pretty bad from a couple. Only times i've done that was training for track during 400m repeats @ 90% or intense hill workouts. Feels like shit coming up to it but after you let it out... it feels great

I puked after the physical testing for the fire department.
Sledge hammer swings.
Run with a big ass ladder.
Hose drag.
Run up stairs and back down with a 75 lbs of hose draped over shoulders.
Drag 100 lb mannequin 100 ft.
In full turnout gear with SCBA (breathing apparatus) on, 100 degree day.

Got done, ripped off the mask, barely made to the bathroom and projectile vomited.

Two recruits didn't make it to the bathroom and one guy puked all over the bay floor. He had to mop it up.

I think that's it for me though.

I've never done it from lifting, but during several conditioning sessions in football I hurled hard core.

Yes I have puked from conditioning drills. Not ever from lifting, sparring, or while actually playing a sport. It alway things like wind sprints, down and backs, interval training , and stuff like that that can make me puke.

if you're puking, you not eating right.

or maybe i have a solid stomach.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K3ZXlZ9Wxdw&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K3ZXlZ9Wxdw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GVyfrmEJeAo&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GVyfrmEJeAo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Back