Has this sport lost legitimacy since the UFC built Conor?

LOL at baby Holloway. Aldo was a fluke, Mendes two week notice, Poirier pre prime but fine... Good win as. Alvarez was super legit. But he cherry picks and avoids tough matchups. Why didn't he defend against khabib?
{<jordan}

lol at trying to excuse away damn near all the mans wins.

{<jordan}

yo this shit is honestly sad I'm not even joking. if you hate the man as a person thats fine who cares, just dont reach to such insane lows to express it.

Baby Holloway had like 5 more fights in the UFC than Conor when they fought. He still got dominated despite more UFC experience.

Mendes was a basically last minute opponent change, and Conor still accepted it despite being his stylistic worst matchup. Chad accepted the fight and claimed he stayed in fight shape YEAR ROUND. Conor also had a bum knee.

And if you call a perfectly timed/landed counter on Aldo that Conor was practicing IN THE LOCKER ROOM BEFORE THE WALKOUT, you simply dont know what the term fluke means. Putting a man down quickly with ease does not automatically = fluke. Again this is just pathetic on the part of you haters.

if Conor knocking out Aldo is a fluke then literally every KO finish in any fight ever is a fluke.

You 'LOL' but the truth is he would beat all of them again. No fluke, just accept that he is a decent fighter with some flaws as exposed by Khabib. No real shame in that seen as 26 others failed...
Decent? Sure. Great as others claim? Nah. Aldo right after beating Frankie could do it. Holloway at 155 could do it. Not much faith in Poirier. He has the skills but... His mental game ... Nah, Eddie Alvarez loses too, can't trust him.

You got it wrong, Conor has done more to build the UFC than they did to build him.

Decent? Sure. Great as others claim? Nah. Aldo right after beating Frankie could do it. Holloway at 155 could do it. Not much faith in Poirier. He has the skills but... His mental game ... Nah, Eddie Alvarez loses too, can't trust him.
Thank you - He is very beatable as shown four times previously, and he is over-hyped no question. But it is fun to watch him fight and he elevates the sport to a different level. He should get more respect as, as far as I can see he hasn't ducked anyone and always puts on a show

{<jordan}

lol at trying to excuse away damn near all the mans wins.

{<jordan}

yo this shit is honestly sad I'm not even joking. if you hate the man as a person thats fine who cares, just dont reach to such insane lows to express it.

Baby Holloway had like 5 more fights in the UFC than Conor when they fought. He still got dominated despite more UFC experience.

Mendes was a basically last minute opponent change, and Conor still accepted it despite being his stylistic worst matchup. Chad accepted the fight and claimed he stayed in fight shape YEAR ROUND. Conor also had a bum knee.

And if you call a perfectly timed/landed counter on Aldo that Conor was practicing IN THE LOCKER ROOM BEFORE THE WALKOUT, you simply dont know what the term fluke means. Putting a man down quickly with ease does not automatically = fluke. Again this is just pathetic on the part of you haters.

if Conor knocking out Aldo is a fluke then literally every KO finish in any fight ever is a fluke.
If it wasn't a fluke why did he refuse to rematch him? Easy PPV sales right there.
LOL at more ufc experience, Conor was a double champ in his own promotion. That's fucking experience.
LOL at Mendes. Out of shape mendes.frankie begged for that fight. He chose Mendes. You left that part out. Edgar was unfinished back then, was in shape and posed his own problems. Some that mendes didn't pose.
Thing is your fanbois will accept anything from conor simply because he's conor. Conor could piss in a bottle and sell it and you would still buy it. I expect better from my favorites. For example I like Holloway but I don't want a rematch because he has to earn it. I like also but I don't want his grubby hands anywhere near that bw belt. I like Tony but he's a dirty fucking fighter etc. I love gsp but he greased against bj Penn, grabbed bisping's shorts, cherrypicked and ducked. Oh and Whittaker, as much as I love him prolly can't beat adesanya but I'll still always root for him. You guys are fucking delusional and will make up aaany excuse under the sun to justify his failures, cowardice etc. If understand if you were paid to do so... Which wouldn't even surprise me as you guys are incapable of being honest about things. Face it your Boi benefits from being an uncle Dana guy. Period.

If it wasn't a fluke why did he refuse to rematch him? Easy PPV sales right there.
LOL at more ufc experience, Conor was a double champ in his own promotion. That's fucking experience.
LOL at Mendes. Out of shape mendes.frankie begged for that fight. He chose Mendes. You left that part out. Edgar was unfinished back then, was in shape and posed his own problems. Some that mendes didn't pose.
Thing is your fanbois will accept anything from conor simply because he's conor. Conor could piss in a bottle and sell it and you would still buy it. I expect better from my favorites. For example I like Holloway but I don't want a rematch because he has to earn it. I like also but I don't want his grubby hands anywhere near that bw belt. I like Tony but he's a dirty fucking fighter etc. I love gsp but he greased against bj Penn, grabbed bisping's shorts, cherrypicked and ducked. Oh and Whittaker, as much as I love him prolly can't beat adesanya but I'll still always root for him. You guys are fucking delusional and will make up aaany excuse under the sun to justify his failures, cowardice etc. If understand if you were paid to do so... Which wouldn't even surprise me as you guys are incapable of being honest about things. Face it your Boi benefits from being an uncle Dana guy. Period.
stopped reading half way through. I'm starting to think you are just literally simple. or blinded by rage.

reason to refuse rematch: he was already planning on moving up, to take on bigger and better challenges. like the LW title. Champ champ> beating Aldo again. Also, Conor did end up offering Aldo a rematch down the road. Aldo, after talking a ton of shit about "any time, any place. Ill fight you for free in the street" TURNED. IT. DOWN. fact. Stay mad.

LOL AT MENDES. Mendes was higher ranked than Frankie. Mendes was 16-2 and had only ever lost to Aldo, the 2nd fight being an absolute war. A win over him was worth more than Frankie, who got blown out by Aldo. Fact. And again, Mendes and his team stressed how they stay in shape year round. They said that even in the past way before the Conor fight. Fact. Stay mad.

Thank you - He is very beatable as shown four times previously, and he is over-hyped no question. But it is fun to watch him fight and he elevates the sport to a different level. He should get more respect as, as far as I can see he hasn't ducked anyone and always puts on a show
I beg to differ. He elevates it by caricaturising the sport and perpetuating the bullshit people say about mma. Crass, stupid individuals who will say anything to sell tickets. You don't elevate a sport by saying racist, Islamophobic shit. It's elevated but it's attracted the wrong type of fans. Yes they pay but fuck every single one of them because as soon as his slimey ass goes on hiatus they disappear. It's conditional Fandom. As for ducking... You remember ufc 205? About khabib, "em em he's a pullout merchant I need to see activity!" dude what the fuck khabib was the number 1 contender. He put on a great performance that night. What business is it of conor's to say that? That's up to Dana and Ali, not conor. He clearly didn't want to put his title on the line in a match he knew he couldn't win. Also he never acknowledged Tony, until recently. Tony was interim champion but he still refused to fight him or even talk about him. And his piece of shit coach kept on trying to push a nate diaz title defence and claimed that was his hardest matchup and that nate would finish khabib. That, my friend is ducking. I don't care that he "finally" fought khabib, he had nothing to lose. All the pressure was on khabib, not on Conor. Imagine if conor lost his belt to khabib, the humiliation. It was bullshit. You can't "Duck a champion". Also what kind of fighter refuses to fight the next guy in line, the guy calling you out in order to fight the guy he just decimated and left for dead? Such a goddamn coward

Unfortunately, money talks and if you were running a business, I'm sure you would want to make the most amount of money you possibly could when you land the 'Golden Goose'. Saying that, Conor has worked his way up from featherweight and fought who were put in-front of him to win titles in two weight classes, twice. No matter if his fanboys think he is unbeatable, nobody who is rationale can deny he has grafted his arse so respect to that

The UFC has been pro wrestling for marks for a long time. If there's been any shift at all, it's that Dana and co. have come to realise that most MMArks don't need all that much convincing to accept their bullshit. They know very well what they can get away with now and that MMArks will actually help them rewrite history out of willful ignorance (and sheer numbers).

The final wave of new fans was the final straw. There's no going back now.

Poirier, Holloway, Mendez, Aldo, Eddie

all ez matchups amirite
These fights don't count

Poirier was bald at the time
Mendes is like 5'1
Holloway was like 12 when they fought
Aldo was butthurt and gotten to
Eddie is like 5'3

I beg to differ. He elevates it by caricaturising the sport and perpetuating the bullshit people say about mma. Crass, stupid individuals who will say anything to sell tickets. You don't elevate a sport by saying racist, Islamophobic shit. It's elevated but it's attracted the wrong type of fans. Yes they pay but fuck every single one of them because as soon as his slimey ass goes on hiatus they disappear. It's conditional Fandom. As for ducking... You remember ufc 205? About khabib, "em em he's a pullout merchant I need to see activity!" dude what the fuck khabib was the number 1 contender. He put on a great performance that night. What business is it of conor's to say that? That's up to Dana and Ali, not conor. He clearly didn't want to put his title on the line in a match he knew he couldn't win. Also he never acknowledged Tony, until recently. Tony was interim champion but he still refused to fight him or even talk about him. And his piece of shit coach kept on trying to push a nate diaz title defence and claimed that was his hardest matchup and that nate would finish khabib. That, my friend is ducking. I don't care that he "finally" fought khabib, he had nothing to lose. All the pressure was on khabib, not on Conor. Imagine if conor lost his belt to khabib, the humiliation. It was bullshit. You can't "Duck a champion". Also what kind of fighter refuses to fight the next guy in line, the guy calling you out in order to fight the guy he just decimated and left for dead? Such a goddamn coward
I respect what you're saying and the press conference with Khabib was terrible. I think he had lost the plot at this point and knew he was going to be beat. He tried to do to Khabib what he did to Aldo and it was see through and nothing more than ramblings of a beaten man!
I did used to like what he was doing, but that conference overstepped the mark and as many fans as he had gained, I'm confident he lost a fair few too

stopped reading half way through. I'm starting to think you are just literally simple. or blinded by rage.

reason to refuse rematch: he was already planning on moving up, to take on bigger and better challenges. like the LW title. Champ champ> beating Aldo again. Also, Conor did end up offering Aldo a rematch down the road. Aldo, after talking a ton of shit about "any time, any place. Ill fight you for free in the street" TURNED. IT. DOWN. fact. Stay mad.

LOL AT MENDES. Mendes was higher ranked than Frankie. Mendes was 16-2 and had only ever lost to Aldo, the 2nd fight being an absolute war. A win over him was worth more than Frankie, who got blown out by Aldo. Fact. And again, Mendes and his team stressed how they stay in shape year round. They said that even in the past way before the Conor fight. Fact. Stay mad.
You stopped reading because you can't rebut my claims. Besides I'm not mad. I'm happy lightweight is in a good place now. We have a true champion who defends against legit contenders and doesn't duck challengers.
Why the fuck is the mendes win legit if he was out of shape? If someone waved 500k in front of you you'd claim you were doing triathlons with diaz too. He was ranked one place above Frankie. One place doesn't make much of a difference. Frankie was in shape and more reliable. You know it I know it and took the less risky fight.
Aldo rematch, "offering" Aldo, a man with his legacy, on 10 days' notice in a different weight class for no title is a giant middle finger. It's insulting if anything. It's like khabib demanding 100 million, he knows dana will never give him that much, making the fight unlikely.
Your Boi is a serial ducker. And all you conor fanbois resort to "why you mad?", "rent free", "you're hating on his millions", etc when you can't rebut fair claims. All my claims are based on fact. Yours are based on half truths and dana white propaganda.

You stopped reading because you can't rebut my claims. Besides I'm not mad. I'm happy lightweight is in a good place now. We have a true champion who defends against legit contenders and doesn't duck challengers.
Why the fuck is the mendes win legit if he was out of shape? If someone waved 500k in front of you you'd claim you were doing triathlons with diaz too. He was ranked one place above Frankie. One place doesn't make much of a difference. Frankie was in shape and more reliable. You know it I know it and took the less risky fight.
Aldo rematch, "offering" Aldo, a man with his legacy, on 10 days' notice in a different weight class for no title is a giant middle finger. It's insulting if anything. It's like khabib demanding 100 million, he knows dana will never give him that much, making the fight unlikely.
Your Boi is a serial ducker. And all you conor fanbois resort to "why you mad?", "rent free", "you're hating on his millions", etc when you can't rebut fair claims. All my claims are based on fact. Yours are based on half truths and dana white propaganda.
Stopped reading after the first sentence, because literally the entirety of my post was rebutting your "claims"

jesus christ, do you have CTE? if so how did you get it? obviously not fighting, because anyone and everyone that actually trains/fights and knows what they are seeing acknowledges Conor is legit.

Unfortunately, money talks and if you were running a business, I'm sure you would want to make the most amount of money you possibly could when you land the 'Golden Goose'. Saying that, Conor has worked his way up from featherweight and fought who were put in-front of him to win titles in two weight classes, twice. No matter if his fanboys think he is unbeatable, nobody who is rationale can deny he has grafted his arse so respect to that
Why does he get more respect that those who actually take on the best and not a tailored path to success. Just strikers, no wrestlers, just Mendes, why? Why not test him and show his true capabilities? Why a title shot off of Dennis siver? Imagine demanding a title shot off of Dennis siver.

But In a “legitimate” sport, no one comes in, fights a guy outside the top 15 and gets a title shot. They don’t even do that for the Askren of the world. It’s all about money

No fighters come into UFC after one MMA fight and little training and go up against a former heavyweight champion in frank Mir in there first fight. I understand brocks huge star power got him a easy title shot but you cant say that they were handpicking opponents for him or giving him easy fights. He went in there against killers from the get go.

Stopped reading after the first sentence, because literally the entirety of my post was rebutting your "claims"

jesus christ, do you have CTE?
Cte? No I just see through the bullshit. You're just too blind to see it. But please feel free to "take the high road" and pretend that I didn't make any real points. You're all the same. Insufferable.

No fighters come into UFC after one MMA fight and little training and go up against a former heavyweight champion in frank Mir in there first fight. I understand brocks huge star power got him a easy title shot but you cant say that they were handpicking opponents for him or giving him easy fights. He went in there against killers from the get go.
Since when is heath herring a killer that earns a title shot?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back