Has this sport lost legitimacy since the UFC built Conor?

I respect what you're saying and the press conference with Khabib was terrible. I think he had lost the plot at this point and knew he was going to be beat. He tried to do to Khabib what he did to Aldo and it was see through and nothing more than ramblings of a beaten man!
I did used to like what he was doing, but that conference overstepped the mark and as many fans as he had gained, I'm confident he lost a fair few too
It was unforgivable. One shouldn't make money off of bigotry.

These fights don't count

Poirier was bald at the time
Mendes is like 5'1
Holloway was like 12 when they fought
Aldo was butthurt and gotten to
Eddie is like 5'3
Dont forget Eddie and Cowboy both threw the fight but just sold it really well by letting themselves actually get knocked out/their face broken

Also dont forget Conor only ever fights manlets, except for DP, Holloway, Nate who are all the same size or a good bit taller.

Why does he get more respect that those who actually take on the best and not a tailored path to success. Just strikers, no wrestlers, just Mendes, why? Why not test him and show his true capabilities? Why a title shot off of Dennis siver? Imagine demanding a title shot off of Dennis siver.

My opinion, he would have ran through all of the top contenders at Featherweight regardless if you think his route was cherry picked. He is deserving because the majority of fans are not hardcore and popularity wins time after time over deserving something

Everyone except Demian Maia promotes themselves. But that alone doesn’t guarantee anything. The company has to do its part of promotion without which the fighter is helpless. uFC saw in Conor an ability to reach a lot of people due to the fad that is irishness. I mean even outside Ireland there is a day celebrated called St Patricks day where regardless of cultural belonging people wear green for the fuck of it, making baseless statements like i’m 1/16 irish. It was a marketing ploy and it becomes apparent today as Conor hasn’t enough talent to take on high caliber fighters

im 1/16 Ethiopian so I get to use the N word with impunity

Brock got given by overeem.
Conor avoided tough matchups and never defended his belts.

You miss the point.

Brock was good enough to beat the champ and then defeat #1 contender.
If he didn’t belong, what does that say about the pathetic level of the sport?

Conor has faced virtually every type of fighter and skillset. Mostly on his way up.
There are 10’s of millions at stake with each outing and a couple hundred million in future earnings also at stake. He’d be stupid not to look for the best options.
When a fighter makes 60k/fight, there is absolutely nothing at stake. There are no best options to look for.

WME has taken a bigger chunk of UFC's legitimacy than Conor, IMO. Fertita's actually built Conor somewhat, WME just does whatever gets the quickest buck regardless of rankings and actual competition in order to service their enormous debt from what was basically a leveraged buyout.

Last edited:
Back