Has this sport lost legitimacy since the UFC built Conor?

EyeOfNewt

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ever since Conor has become mainstream you have weird stuff going on like signing up CM Punk, fighters calling out actors and professional boxers, BMF belt, fighters from 155 fighting at 170 for the lulz, not to mention WMMA shoved down our throats like the last co-main that was deserving of prelim status

I mean what came before him? Brock Lesnar beating heath herring to get a title shot? Kimbo slice? (Rip). Of the cash cows he’s pretty legit

Conor has brought the wwe sports entertainment to the ufc and the fans who like that type of entertainment with him.

Rousey had already made her UFC debut when Conor made his, I don't see what he has to do with WMMA. He even criticized it IIRC.

People act like he came in and joined this thing and everyone was legit there were no flaws etc. before conor everyone was roided to the gills and instead of boxers it was WWE stars.

Conor built himself and is great for the sport. Without him and Brock the ufc would be dead

MMA would pretty much dead if it wasn't for Conor and Ronda.

Agreed, I miss the days of Brock Lesner unifying the UFC Heavyweight title and WWF Universal title and becoming the best fighter in the universe.

Also title shots as a prize for winning TUF, those were the days.

I mean what came before him? Brock Lesnar beating heath herring to get a title shot? Kimbo slice? (Rip). Of the cash cows he’s pretty legit
Brock had a decent background, he was collegiate wrestler. Cm punk had nothing beside television appearances. Even Kimbo had a decent background, basically started where Masvidal did

This sport has legitimacy. The UFC does not and has never had legitimacy.

Brock had a decent background, he was collegiate wrestler. Cm punk had nothing beside television appearances
But In a “legitimate” sport, no one comes in, fights a guy outside the top 15 and gets a title shot. They don’t even do that for the Askren of the world. It’s all about money

Lmao Conor built himself

The guy was a living highlight and knew how to promote himself

So Conor is to blame for wmma now? You haters are something else <45>

Lmao Conor built himself

The guy was a living highlight and knew how to promote himself
Everyone except Demian Maia promotes themselves. But that alone doesn’t guarantee anything. The company has to do its part of promotion without which the fighter is helpless. uFC saw in Conor an ability to reach a lot of people due to the fad that is irishness. I mean even outside Ireland there is a day celebrated called St Patricks day where regardless of cultural belonging people wear green for the fuck of it, making baseless statements like i’m 1/16 irish. It was a marketing ploy and it becomes apparent today as Conor hasn’t enough talent to take on high caliber fighters

Its covered by news & sports outlets like the BBC that wouldn't acknowledge its existence before...so, no.

Nick Diaz got a title shot after both losing a fight and testing positive for drugs.

Back