Has there ever been someone knocked out by a jab?

Not to derail the thread with arguments of what is or isn't a jab, but Khamzat's 1 punch KO of GM3 deserves a mention:

UntidyDisloyalGharial-size_restricted.gif
Why does that deserve mention in a jab thread?

I believe the main thing we have learned from this thread is that no fighter has EVER thrown a jab in MMA.

<28>
There have been a couple in this thread. But more of the gifs included were not jabs.

In the ufc or mma in general? ( a legit knockout not someone who trew the fight)
I remember todd duffy put a guy on his butt with a jab but he finished him on the ground, has there ever been someone who gone out cold?
I'll be the onlybody to answer this thread.
No, TS.
Nobody has ever finished a fight only a jab that wasn't followed by anything.

His arm isn’t straight because they are both stepping in and it’s a short punch. His arm can’t be straight at that distance. That doesn’t mean it’s a hook. As per my other response, had stipe held his feet youd see it’s a straight punch. It also lands square on the point of his chin. A hook is landing on the side unless you’re at an angle from your opponent, which he wasn’t
Even at that distance Seth could have thrown a jab, he didn't though his arm is hooked when he throws the punch you can see it easily by looking at his elbow and shoulder and how his fist travels from the left side of Kimbo's chin to the right side, that doesn't happen with a jab. I don't know why you are talking about Stipe. I haven't said anything about Stipe in this thread.

In the ufc or mma in general? ( a legit knockout not someone who trew the fight)
I remember todd duffy put a guy on his butt with a jab but he finished him on the ground, has there ever been someone who gone out cold?

Usman just TKOed Burns with a jab, did he not?

Even at that distance Seth could have thrown a jab, he didn't though his arm is hooked when he throws the punch you can see it easily by looking at his elbow and shoulder and how his fist travels from the left side of Kimbo's chin to the right side, that doesn't happen with a jab. I don't know why you are talking about Stipe. I haven't said anything about Stipe in this thread.

who’s Seth? We were discussing nganou/stipe? You initially responded to my post about nganou/stipe?

who’s Seth? We were discussing nganou/stipe? You initially responded to my post about nganou/stipe?
Stipe wasn't the one throwing the strike though so I don't know why you brought him up. Ngannou threw a left hook that dropped Stipe not a jab. Sorry lots of people in here are calling hooks jabs and I lost track of which hook you said was a jab.

I see what happened know you replied to my post about Seth vs Kimbo but you thought I was talking about Ngannou vs Stipe which I wasn't. The only post of yours I replied to that was about Stipe vs Ngannou 2 was your post about it being a jab so I replied and said it was a hook.

Last edited:
Stipe wasn't the one throwing the strike though so I don't know why you brought him up. Ngannou threw a left hook that dropped Stipe not a jab.

so how does he land square on the point of the chin if he’s thrown a hook? They are squared on.
It’s clearly a straight punch!
His arm is bent because they have both stepped in, so it shortens up the punch. That doesn’t make it a hook. The punch is determined by the fighter throwing it, at the time it was thrown. He’s thrown a jab, but as they’ve both stepped in, it’s shorten the punch massively

so how does he land square on the point of the chin if he’s thrown a hook? They are squared on.
His arm is bent because they have both stepped in, so it shortens up the punch. That doesn’t make it a hook. The punch is determined by the fighter throwing it, at the time it was thrown. He’s thrown a jab, but as they’ve both stepped in, it’s shorten the punch massively
Ngannou threw a left hook it is extremely obvious. I don't know what to say other than get some glasses.

Bro….that’s not a jab.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back