Has there ever been someone knocked out by a jab?

Pretty sure Marcus Davis dropped a guy with a jab…can’t find a gif or remember the other guys name

That's a hook, it's a bad angle but you can see him turning into it.

I’m not sure that it is. The angle makes it difficult to tell either way. And also because it’s a short punch as they are both stepping in. Had stipe held his feet i think you’d see that’s a straight punch, not a hook.

He also hits him square on the point of the chin. That also suggests it’s not a hook

I think Struve knocked down Pezão with a jab

I remember Vernon “tiger” white getting ko’d by chuck lidell with a jab. Always seemed weird to me, he took a ton of big shots and was hanging in there, then this jab slept him?

Diaz-Lawler.gif
Came here to say this

also, wakatsuki bless

In before false information about silva vs griffin

EDIT lol, I am too slow....that is not jab guys

Why not? Anderson is a southpaw. And he isn't turning his body at all as he punches with his right.

I mean, it's not a 100% textbook jab, but not really a hook or an overhand either. If was asked what it was, jab would be my best guest.

Not KO, but it was a short jab.

Uh what do you mean not KO? Nitpick much?

Not even close.
Look at his arm man, it isn't straight. It is a lead hand hook similar to the one Bader landed on Fedor or the one Nick Diaz landed on Lawler.

Look at their elbows. On a jab the elbow doesn't point outwards in the gif you posted his elbow is pointing outwards because he his throwing a hook. Look at the Gus vs Vladimir gif, that is a jab.

Last edited:
Back