Has there ever been a superstar female athlete in combat sports?

She's not really a super star....more like the only star.

On a side note , u know how guys always say how such n such a celebrity is ugly or plain looking at whine why the hell do girls throw their panies at them ?

It's the same with Rousey.
Plain , average to homely looking chick and 90% of Sherdoggers are ready to kill for her.

Square hipped , Cartman looking chick.
She cleans up all right , with an image consultant , makeup and photoshop but godamn , I don't wanna wake up next to her.

I'd hit though .........but then , I'd fuck a snake if somebody would just hold the tail for me.

Ps - cue in the White Knights ( Internet Brigade ) to the rescue !

The term "Superstar," is probably reaching when talking about female combat athletes.

Wow, serious short term memory problem especially if you're talking about female MMA.

She's pretty cute. DO you think she would be as popular if she looked like this?

Nicole_Bass_07.jpg

Ogre's sister?

Yeah I agree, she's not a superstar yet, and it's hard to see her becoming a true superstar - with all the crossover appeal etc - when there's so many people against women's combat sports. I hope she continues her sucess and more though.

People want Rousey to be a star so they're downplaying people who are obviously bigger stars.

Laila Ali- People can say she was only famous for her father but for a while she was a big name in boxing circles and had a good record to go with it.

Christy Martin was a much bigger name in boxing circles that Rousey is even close to being in MMA circles.

Gina Carano may have not been as good in MMA, but she was undoubtedly a bigger star than Rousey.

Tonya Harding

I remember Mia St. John being pretty popular back in the day. Then she posed for Playboy.

Leila Ali, Lucia Rijker and Christy Martin were all really big during their primes.

Lol Rousey isn't even close to being a "superstar". She's a nobody outside of mma circles.

Ali's fame had much to do with her old man though. Rousey took some Olympic hardware home first.

Rousey got bronze and barely anybody watches womens judo let alone remembers it.

Rousey got bronze and barely anybody watches womens judo let alone remembers it.

I may be biased, my teammate trained with her, and my coach is good friends with her mom.

So, yeah I watched.

Leila Ali, Lucia Rijker and Christy Martin were all really big in the boxing community during their primes.

Let's not also forget that Gina was a certified star, although that star has fizzled drastically since losing to Cyborg, shooting that flick and subsequently vanishing.

Only reason Gina Carano was/is popular is because people thought she was attractive. That just reminds me of how Ronda is at the moment. She'll get smashed eventually and fade away.

Back