Has there ever been a superstar female athlete in combat sports?

and KID's two sisters were pretty big in japan for their wrestling

More people knew Ali's daughter than Rousey. Hard to call either a superstar though.

Up until Rousey it was Gina (Maxim, movies, etc....).

Laila Ali was far bigger than Rousey is now. That is almost completely because she was Ali's daughter, though.

Cynthia Rothrock -making B movies in the 80's was basically a combat sport

There was 1 chick wh was knockin ppl out in the 90s but i cant remember her name. Laila but her up in one of her last fights. I wana say christie martin or sumthin

More people knew Ali's daughter than Rousey. Hard to call either a superstar though.

Ali's fame had much to do with her old man though. Rousey took some Olympic hardware home first.

Christy-Martin-310x400.jpg

I Dont consider none of them superstars though.

oh yeah, rihanna became a bigger star after her back and forth fight with chris brown

Ali's fame had much to do with her old man though. Rousey took some Olympic hardware home first.

Not sure what that has to do with who is more popular. She was still a good boxer. Nobody knew who Rousey was from the Olympics anyway, or cared anything about female judo.

Leila Ali, Lucia Rijker and Christy Martin were all really big in the boxing community during their primes.

Let's not also forget that Gina was a certified star, although that star has fizzled drastically since losing to Cyborg, shooting that flick and subsequently vanishing.

Ann Wolfe

Not really, but I'll take any opportunity to post this KO.

Back