Has there been comebacks after stomps?

Watch old car crash tests before cumple zones and watch them after. It is the same thing going on here, it's just the force is hitting the car(skull) rather than the other way round, in the car example the car decelerates on impact, while the fist/foot/knee is what decelerates on impact.

Bah I added another edit. But the point's mostly the same. After some further consideration, I think that the skull would actually warp slightly, transferring the force from the blow to the contents inside. But I'm still not 100% sure, and I don't know that it wouldn't still be better than taking a punch standing.

Yosuke Nishijima survived a flush landed double knee stomp from mark hunt.
Its timestamped.

Bah I added another edit. But the point's mostly the same. After some further consideration, I think that the skull would actually warp slightly, transferring the force from the blow to the contents inside. But I'm still not 100% sure, and I don't know that it wouldn't still be better than taking a punch standing.

I'm like 99% sure that is exactly what happens, and that's from someone that doesn't really believe in certainties.

Kicking the head while stationary and unable to move is actually worse. Kick a steel pole, you'll hear the vibrations, even if the steel pole is still stationary. The vibrations is basically your brain bouncing around the inside of your skull.

Force on impact, impact causes vibrations to distribute the force that it has recieved, if it is unable to recoil back, the absorption of impact is greater and stronger and more violent in the middle, with the outer core taking more physical damage as it can't distribute the force adequately.

Here is an example, standing. Slow-Mo and toggled even more slomo if you wish.

Here is an example, standing. Slow-Mo and toggled even more slomo if you wish.

Good example of a somewhat weak strike doing way more damage than expected cause the guy's head is trapped, it also helps that he landed on the ear area.

sakuraba1.jpg

Back