Has the window on Rory being a great closed?

The second lawler fight took alot out of him and he'll never be the same, he's not the same fighter he was before that. Still great and still think he beats nearly every welterweight.

history will remember the red king but not because he wore the crown.

<DCWhoa>

I think we've seen Rory's skill ceiling.
He's a great fighter, but probably won't be remember as one of The Greats.

onlyon sherdog would someone say something like this only cause he went up and fought arguably the best 185er on the planet nobody is touching rory at 170 right now let him go fight tyron again and see him bust his face up again

I think this year will likely determine it. If Rory can win the whole tournament he'll be arguably the 3rd best WW ever.

How the fuck does that happen when he left the UFC on a losing streak and multiple guys have beaten the fighters that he lost to?

Yup.

He's top 5, but he lost to Wonderboy, Lawler, and I'm pretty sure he gets smashed by Tyron if they rematch.

He'll need to smash everyone ahead of him this year and the next if I am to change my mind.

People have ragged on him too hard for the Mousassi loss. Sassi would beat the shit out of any WW and possibly MW ever. Rory still has the ability to go back to the UFC and make another title run and possibly win. His biggest problem is that Glass nose

onlyon sherdog would someone say something like this only cause he went up and fought arguably the best 185er on the planet nobody is touching rory at 170 right now let him go fight tyron again and see him bust his face up again
I say this because he got beat by Lawler 2x, Rory and almost lost his leg to Lima.

There's a very good chance he drops a rematch to Douglas.

He was never destined to be great.

He is and will continue to be a great fighter for at least 2 to 4 years. Wins over Woodley, Maia, and Lima. Losses to Lawlor, Thompson, and Mousasi. Also in what may be the GOAT fight with Lawler. He has scaled heights few do and had one of the toughest losses in history. The man is a professional in every aspect. Great fighter, not GOAT, not even close, but definitely great.

Could he descend into just a really really good fighter? Yes, but I think he is sensible and will give him the benefit of the doubt.

I say this because he got beat by Lawler 2x, Rory and almost lost his leg to Lima.

There's a very good chance he drops a rematch to Douglas.

After seeing how drastically Lima improved his TDD defense against Koreshkov, I'm betting on him in the rematch as soon as the lines are announced.

Rory won the first fight with positional control on the ground and wall-n-stall. Lima did all the real damage standing. If Rory can't take him down again, he's going to get smoked.

A great??? he was very good for his time but that's it, far from the best and absolutely not a "great" if we are talking about legendary status

I don’t know if Rory can but a cut to LW and a come back to the ufc to fight tony would be very interesting. I think he gives khabib a decent fight as well.

I don’t know who’s more overrated on this site between Rory and Mose......some people still cling to him because he was the last person to beat Woodley in my opinion

He's still young. But ya, getting smashed by Lawler really messed him up. He should be able to keep the belt for a while in Bellator while he builds his confidence back up.

Rory looked pretty good when he submitted Ross Pointon in the first round, but I think the window has closed on him.

upload_2019-1-11_10-46-9.png

Rory is a legend. He should retired soon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back