Has the window on Rory being a great closed?

Thesnake101

Think about it, it worth it.
@Gold
Reaction score
For a long time he was hailed as the first of the new breed of MMA fighters, the guy who was going to be the next GSP or at the very least hold the belt for a bit, but unfortunately, such a thing did not happen. He ran into the wall of bricks known as Robbie Lawler on two occasions, and came up short.

At this point, I don't even think he'll be holding the Bellator belt by the end of the year. He did carve out a good career, but I think the expectations were far too great for such a young guy (no Erick Silva comments allowed). I think he was a very good, but not great, fighter.

I think this year will likely determine it. If Rory can win the whole tournament he'll be arguably the 3rd best WW ever.

i think he is a great fighter and one of the best we've seen.

however he came oh so close but just short in almost every big fight hes had (not counting gegard). history will remember the red king but not because he wore the crown.

He needs to come back and make another run in the UFC . Pay the man you pink goof.

For a long time he was hailed as the first of the new breed of MMA fighters, the guy who was going to be the next GSP or at the very least hold the belt for a bit, but unfortunately, such a thing did not happen. He ran into the wall of bricks known as Robbie Lawler on two occasions, and came up short.

At this point, I don't even think he'll be holding the Bellator belt by the end of the year. He did carve out a good career, but I think the expectations were far too great for such a young guy (no Erick Silva comments allowed). I think he was a very good, but not great, fighter.
Hmmm reminds me of a certain hot young prospect...

Erick-Silva.jpg

Rory's mashed nose could be his only :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: in the armour

It closed when Lawler opened his nose

Then the terrible decision to move up to 185 for thrashing by his adopted father Mousasi

Never liked the guy

Overrated like his other Bellator boy Mousasi

Great fighters but not the best

If they built him up slower he couldve been. He wasnt ready for the big dogs when they threw him in there. Hes definitely past his prime. He seems too concerned about getting hit in the face these days because his nose has been smashed so many times.

If they built him up slower he couldve been. He wasnt ready for the big dogs when they threw him in there. Hes definitely past his prime. He seems too concerned about getting hit in the face these days because his nose has been smashed so many times.
Him fighting Condit so early was crazy, even if he was seconds away from getting the nod.

That destruction by Mousasi didn't help his stock that's for sure. I know different weight class but still.
Hope he comes back strong.

Hmmm reminds me of a certain hot young prospect...

Erick-Silva.jpg
Whoa, whoa, whoa man!!!! Don't let the secret out on that young stud quite yet. Give him time and the world will then see.
<{jackyeah}>

i think he is a great fighter and one of the best we've seen.

however he came oh so close but just short in almost every big fight hes had (not counting gegard). history will remember the red king but not because he wore the crown.
Very good assessment.

Tough to say where Rory goes from here. For the most part, the competition sucks at Bellator, the best 170ers are all in the UFC. I think the wars with Lawler took their toll. He looked bad against Wonderboy and Mousasi. Tough guys to fight for sure but exposed Rory a little bit. I think his best days are behind him. Might be great at Belletor but he will be fighting guys that would not be in the top 10 in the UFC. Hopefully he can make some money and retire without to much damage.

Sadly, I think so. I'm a fan, and he has a great career despite not being in the "legendary great" category

Hopefully not, but probably. His nose will likely end his career at some point.

Last edited:
Back