Has Jon Jones TDD been tested?

It'll be interesting to see if Chael diligently pursues the TD in my opinion. People seem to be suggesting that previous opponents have tried and failed, but not persisted.
You've gotta imagine to Chael doesn't really have a plan B and will keep chasing it.

Difference between Chael and others is that Chael will just keep trucking away trying for the takedown.

not really I quite sure with him be a wrestler it's pretty good anyways

chael won't take down Bones Jones unless he lands a lucky shot right before,,, Jones is going destroy Chael, what are the odds makers saying?

Look at Uncle Chaels wrestling credentials then look at Jonny Bones wrestling credentials. They arent even in the same world.

It'll be interesting to see if Chael diligently pursues the TD in my opinion. People seem to be suggesting that previous opponents have tried and failed, but not persisted.
You've gotta imagine to Chael doesn't really have a plan B and will keep chasing it.

He definitely has a plan B.

untitled-8n7yn5.gif

If that lands, Jones will be in serious trouble.

Last edited:
Rashad tried to take him down a couple of times and Jones stuffed those TD's easily.

I cannot recall an opponent who has even attempted to take Jon down. This is purely from memory though.

Anyone remember any of his opponents working hard for the takedown? Will Chael be able to get him down?

Please carry on and correct me if I'm forgetting instances where people have tried to take him down before.

No, not by anyone with good MMA wrestling. Rashad was supposed to be the one to test it but he didn't do shit.

I won't count Chael out, he has pretty much taken everyone of his opponents down and he is very aggressive. But even if he does get JBJ what is he gonna do?

I think Chael can get him down. But it won't stay there for that long.

Everyone loves to bring up Chael's wrestling credentials yet they forget that he's been taken down in the UFC by guys like Damien Maia and Anderson took him down in the first fight I believe in the 4th. Jones has NEVER been taken down by any of his opponents and he's faced more high level wrestlers.

Sonnen will try...eat standing elbows and decide boxing is more fun.

In MMA...no 205'r can I see taking Bones down and controlling him. And the chances of taking him to the ground aren't very good. If you watch him stuffing takedowns, he's sprawled out before the opponent even has a chance to control his body.

The KEY to taking bones down is having amazing athleticism,speed and knowing when to shoot aka GSP. All the light heavy's better start watching GSP more on how he executes takedowns or Bones will never be taken down (except if Cormier drops to 205 then Bones might have some problems).

I did notice that Bones seems to leave his head wide open in close distance when he's ready to sprawl out on you. You need a guy like Machida in there and to use a lot of fakes then blast Bones.

Chael Daddy will put Jonny Bones on his back atleast once in every round.

I'm willing to bet my house that you won't bet a lick on chael beating Jones. You'll hope with every ounce of your body but you have no real "money where your mouth is" faith.

His reach is its own take down defense. Simply put, it's a long ways to shoot. And once you get there, his clinch game is very, very good.

Yep, everytime Rashad clinched with him Rashad was basically unable to even move him. And weve seen Rashad have his way in the clinch with Phil Davis and Rampage.

Chael will slam Jones, PRIDE-Rampage style just to show the world he can, then he will let Jones up and dominate him in the stand up. Chael is P4P GOAT.

Chael by KO (Spinning back fist) RD 2

He got good TDD.
Im really looking forward to see if chael can put him on his back, dont think it's gon happen tho

Back