Has Jon Jones TDD been tested?

Break Brick

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I cannot recall an opponent who has even attempted to take Jon down. This is purely from memory though.

Anyone remember any of his opponents working hard for the takedown? Will Chael be able to get him down?

Please carry on and correct me if I'm forgetting instances where people have tried to take him down before.

His reach is its own take down defense. Simply put, it's a long ways to shoot. And once you get there, his clinch game is very, very good.

I cannot recall an opponent who has even attempted to take Jon down. This is purely from memory though.

Anyone remember any of his opponents working hard for the takedown? Will Chael be able to get him down?

Please carry on and correct me if I'm forgetting instances where people have tried to take him down before.

Chael have to take him down but I dont see him succeed.

Failed TD on Jones means he could get top position and rain down hellbows on the person. Bad place to be in.

Yeah, we'll find out with Chael. He's got nothing else.

I remember an attempt from Bader. Did Bonnar or Jake O'Brien try? I don't remember Rampage or Rashad really committing to anything.

29dg3yp.gif

jackson-stuffs-bones.gif

Not really.

Cormier or Cain would be a real test for his TDD.

Edit: Jones is a wrestler so his TDD is decent at the least.

Last edited:
Yeah, we'll find out with Chael. He's got nothing else.

I remember an attempt from Bader. Did Bonnar or Jake O'Brien try? I don't remember Rampage or Rashad really committing to anything.

This is what I mean, as far as I remember no one has really put the screws on him with anything. Like above posters mentioned the fear of the clinch seems to be a factor here as does overcoming the distance to shoot.

I

no i been saying this forever, hes fought some decent wrestlers but none have ever went full out for a takedown, chael will test this to the fullest

No one has really went after he with a kos/sonnen like take down. sonnen will probably be the first guy to really fight for the take down, and try to get it at all cost.

bader has some pretty overrated mma wrestling and gets a lot of his shots stuffed.

Matt Hammill tried.

I remember that too. His TDD is pretty solid. Chael is muscling up but it won't help him put Jones on his back. Jones is fast, strong, has long limbs, solid wrestling and judo. te extra muscle is going to sap Chael's cardio.

chael is going to shoot then pop up with a big overhand left

Back