Has Jon Jones ever been penalized

Spinjitsu

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
for eye pokes or gouging? I see a lot of veiled hate threads towards him suggesting how dirty a fighter he is. Does he have a record of heavy penalties in his fights, or is this merely childish character assassination stemming from the fact he destroyed many favorites?

Please limit the conspiracy theories and 'what ifs.' I am asking if he has specifically been penalized for eye pokes.

He was penalized for elbows to the downed Matt Hamill. That was pretty severe IMO.

He head butted Shogun to the chest.

for eye pokes or gouging? I see a lot of veiled hate threads towards him suggesting how dirty a fighter he is. Does he have a record of heavy penalties in his fights, or is this merely childish character assassination stemming from the fact he destroyed many favorites?

Please limit the conspiracy theories and 'what ifs.' I am asking if he has specifically been penalized for eye pokes.

in a thread about BJM's reffing during Strikeforce, someone said BJM warned Jones for keeping his fingers out in one of his fights, but i don't personally recall it. maybe someone else does and can confirm.

i don't think he's been punished ever, no.

he did not invent the "put your fingers as close to the opponent's face as possible, and they cannot come forward w/o poking their own eye out" tactic....but he sure perfected it. and many (including me) wish it weren't legal and hope other refs implement what BJM did last Saturday.

funnily enough, though, i have no issue with straight kicking the knee, and others do. i suppose everyone has a rule pet peeve. this one is mine. shrug.

he had a DQ in one fight already in his first year in the UFC . what more proof do you need?

he had a DQ in one fight already in his first year in the UFC . what more proof do you need?

That was for elbows. Has he been penalized for eye pokes or are you thinking i'm stupid enough to follow your weak trail of correlation?

I forgot he got dq'd for eyepoking and not for some rule that doesn't even make sense.

Get ready for a bunch of gifs and pictures showing no eye pokes lol. Also Big John has reffed two of his fights already, he's not gonna stop Jon from kicking your favorite fighters ass people.

That was for elbows. Has he been penalized for eye pokes or are you thinking i'm stupid enough to follow your weak trail of correlation?

if YOU know that 20% of sherdoggers don't read the OP only the title, and then YOU don't put the full sentence in the title, is it REALLY surprising when some people didn't read the OP and just answers the question in the title???

:eek:

heh

not putting "blame" on you. just saying you could easily have avoided the Omni's of the world. if you'd wanted to.

in a thread about BJM's reffing during Strikeforce, someone said BJM warned Jones for keeping his fingers out in one of his fights, but i don't personally recall it. maybe someone else does and can confirm.

he did not invent the "put your fingers as close to the opponent's face as possible, and they cannot come forward w/o poking their own eye out" tactic....but he sure perfected it. and many (including me) wish it weren't legal and hope other refs implement what BJM did last Saturday.

funnily enough, though, i have no issue with straight kicking the knee, and others do. i suppose everyone has a rule pet peeve. this one is mine. shrug.

You hope refs mistreat fighters for rules the ref wants to make up on their own?? Good luck with that.

How many times has Jones even poked someone in the eye? Certainly never been penalized.

Has vitor ever been penalized for back of the head strikes?

I don't know if he did or not either but I get the impression thats on BJM. He told Dion Staring to put away his fingers this weekend and I'm pretty sure that's not the first time I've heard him say that. I just think BJM has a bug up his ass about "accidnetal" eye pokes and thats ok by me :)

That DQ was bullshit and everyone knows it.

Uh-huh. Just because Joe Rogan says it was bullshit, it doesn't make it a fact.
Those elbows were blatantly illegal. I don't think he was intentionally breaking the rules though. I think he just didn't realize he was doing something wrong. Jones could have Destroyed Matt any way he wanted to.

So which number account is this for you?

I don't know if he did or not either but I get the impression thats on BJM. He told Dion Staring to put away his fingers this weekend and I'm pretty sure that's not the first time I've heard him say that. I just think BJM has a bug up his ass about "accidnetal" eye pokes and thats ok by me :)

Uh-huh. Just because Joe Rogan says it was bullshit, it doesn't make it a fact.
Those elbows were blatantly illegal. I don't think he was intentionally breaking the rules though. I think he just didn't realize he was doing something wrong. Jones could have Destroyed Matt any way he wanted to.

The illegal elbows also had nothing to do with matt not being able to continue, so the DQ was retarded.

And there is no logical reason they should be illegal in the first place.

In between rounds of the Vitor fight (don't remember which break) BJM came to Jon's corner and said something along the lines of "All I need from you is to not keep your hand open" - not a direct quote. I don't know of any rule that says you're not allowed to do that, and he was not penalized for it. I don't recall him ever being penalized for an eye poke in any other fight.

Back