Has Jon Jones ever been penalized

You honestly just used some of the worst hyperbole I've ever seen. There is a huge difference between what Jones does (which is to gauge distance and keep his opponent away from him) and what Machida is doing in every single one of those pics.

Top two are actual palm strikes, as mentioned above. The one on Rampage was NOWHERE near his eyes so you can drop that one right there with your trolly "failed eyepoke" crap. The one on Shogun has no fingers in danger of poking his eyes. They're all straight, away from his eyes, and only the palm is in contact. AKA, a palm strike.

The one on Rashad is even less close, his hand never comes close to doing anything remotely near an eye poke.

Troll harder. What Jones is doing is PAWING. He's trying to keep his opponent away, not necessarily with the intent of an eye poke but that danger is there. When he makes contact his fingers make contact. Not just his palm. This is the same technique that ended Davis/Prado I. Go watch that before you spew more of your crap. What he does is dangerous. It's not illegal so there's nothing to penalize him for so I'm not gonna call him a cheat. He can do it within the rules so have at it. But the danger is there and the concern is warranted. It can end fights in a bad way and should probably be looked at.
Dude everyone fighter tries to gauge their distance by putting out there arms. That is why there are so many eye pokes in mma. And also, Jon jones, out of all the fighters that have commited eye pokes, has never actually poked any fighter in the eye to the point where the referee has stopped the action. In other words your a fucking idiot who is blinded by his obvious love for lyoto and hate for jones.

So do a lot of guys. It's what happens in a combat sport with open gloves. You can find pics of just about every fighter with the hands open or fingers near the eyes of opponent if you try hard enough.

Don't believe me? Check this out:

20091026120308_IMG_9973.JPG

Here's Machida with a palm in Shogun's face. Very cheap technique that could have damaged Shogun's eyes.

mma_e_machida3_sy_600.jpg

Here he is with an open palm near Rampage's eyes. (Failed poke attempt?)

112fp5l.gif

Here he is holding Rashad at bay with threat of an eye poke before countering. (Looks like Rashad tried to do the same.)

When are they going to ban this cheat from sport? :rolleyes:

Seriously, you guys need to GTFO with this shit. It's embarrassing.

For all the complaining, Jones has never been penalized for an eye poke nor had the action stopped to let an opponent recover from a supposed poke.
This.

Has anyone else been DQd for downward elbow strikes? I can not recall any others.

You honestly just used some of the worst hyperbole I've ever seen. There is a huge difference between what Jones does (which is to gauge distance and keep his opponent away from him) and what Machida is doing in every single one of those pics.

Top two are actual palm strikes, as mentioned above. The one on Rampage was NOWHERE near his eyes so you can drop that one right there with your trolly "failed eyepoke" crap. The one on Shogun has no fingers in danger of poking his eyes. They're all straight, away from his eyes, and only the palm is in contact. AKA, a palm strike.

The one on Rashad is even less close, his hand never comes close to doing anything remotely near an eye poke.

Troll harder. What Jones is doing is PAWING. He's trying to keep his opponent away, not necessarily with the intent of an eye poke but that danger is there. When he makes contact his fingers make contact. Not just his palm. This is the same technique that ended Davis/Prado I. Go watch that before you spew more of your crap. What he does is dangerous. It's not illegal so there's nothing to penalize him for so I'm not gonna call him a cheat. He can do it within the rules so have at it. But the danger is there and the concern is warranted. It can end fights in a bad way and should probably be looked at.

It's not hyperbole at all when there are people here on a daily basis claiming that Jones was trying to eye poke Shogun when he was covering his mouth to disrupt his breathing and that a pic of Jones' hand on Rashad's head is proof of a failed poke attempt.

And I repeat again: for all of the whining about how "dangerous" his striking style is, he's never been penalized or had the action stopped for an eye poke.

for eye pokes or gouging? I see a lot of veiled hate threads towards him suggesting how dirty a fighter he is. Does he have a record of heavy penalties in his fights, or is this merely childish character assassination stemming from the fact he destroyed many favorites?

Please limit the conspiracy theories and 'what ifs.' I am asking if he has specifically been penalized for eye pokes.

not from what i can remember. i think people say it because he sticks his arm out full lenth with his fingers out

So you don't want to have a discussion about dirty fighting. You just want to make a point that you don't think Jones is a dirty fighter, based on the fact that he's never been penalized for eye pokes, and you would like everyone to just accept that and agree.

He asked specifically about eye pokes, which is what a large portion of this forum has been crying about for the past couple days. Fact is that Jones was actually penalized for the 12-6 elbows, but he's NEVER been penalized or had the action stopped for all of these other "dirty tactics" that you imbeciles keep complaining about.
On the spectrum of fighters, Jones is a dirty fighter. He pushes the envelope of the rules quite regularly. Yes he's been DQ'd for 12-6 elbows, but we've also seen him throw elbows at the throat of an opponent and get warned for head butting. I don't blame him for living on the edge. But don't sit there and tell me that he doesn't deserve a little rep for being dirty. Cuz he's earned it.

Here we go. More horseshit.

It's laughable to claim that Jones is one of the dirtier fighters in MMA.

The Hamill DQ was laughable. Most fans who aren't biased against Jones know that it was bullshit. He'd done enough damage to legitimately stop the fight, and the main reason that Hamill couldn't continue (per Hamill) was damage to his shoulder from the legal throw that Jones executed on him. Jones landed about three dozen legal strikes that did most of the damage on Hamill in the mount with Hamill unable to defend himself before the 12-6 elbows. I won't even get into the fact that Mazzagatti tried communicating with Hamill verbally before he decided to stop the fight. That DQ was about as legit as Yamasaki's DQ of Erick Silva against Prater.

And your other examples of Jones being "dirty," which are from the Shogun fight, are fucking fictitious.

The "headbutt" was Jones' chin making contact with Shogun's midsection. It was called out by Joe Rogan. Herb Dean was standing right there said nothing.

Here's video of Dean NOT responding to the "headbutt."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BeepPMIDpo&feature=youtu.be&t=7m32s

The "elbows to the throat" were when Jones put his elbow on Shogun's chin to push Shogun's head back. Herb Dean told him to "watch the throat." What fucking idiots like yourself either fail to understand (or deliberately ignore) is that there is a huge difference between a ref warning a fighter to watch what they're doing and an actual foul being committed. If Jones had elbowed Shogun in the throat, Dean would have, at the least, stopped the action and given Shogun time to recover and possibly taken a point.

I'm surprised that you didn't cite Jones "dropping" Machida as further evidence of his dirtiness.

I guess everyone who cheats at exams, aren't caught, and thus not penalized, might be innocent? Right?

I guess everyone who cheats at exams, aren't caught, and thus not penalized, might be innocent? Right?

Specious analogy. A better one would be that if a proctor is administrating an exam and is standing right over a student's shoulder the entire time and never accuses him of cheating, then the student probably hasn't cheated.

In all of the examples of what are supposed Jones' most egregious fouls, the referees have been standing right next to the action not across the fucking cage.

The other guys with reputations for dirty in MMA have, at the very least, had the action stopped in their fights multiple times if they haven't been DQ'd repeatedly.

Every single time Jones is punched he pulls the eyepoke threat and blackpedals. It's his main and most effective defensive technic and he knows the refs don't have the balls to penalize even Vitor Belfort back of the head KOs, so he keeps doing it.

He's saying the obvious to honest minds: not being penalized doesn't come close to prove Jon Jones or anyone is innocent.

Last edited:
Specious analogy. A better one would be that if a proctor is administrating an exam and is standing right over a student's shoulder the entire time and never accuses him of cheating, then the student probably hasn't cheated.

In all of the examples of what are supposed Jones' most egregious fouls, the referees have been standing right next to the action not across the fucking cage.

The other guys with reputations for dirty in MMA have, at the very least, had the action stopped in their fights multiple times if they haven't been DQ'd repeatedly.

The analogy deal with the premise that someone who has not been penalized is innocent of any wrong doing.

Any other details are completely irrelevant

Just watch the first round he had with Shogun. That's all you really need to answer this question.

Once the two men hit the ground and grapple, Jones -

Attacks the trachea
Attacks the eyes
Headbutts

He does so all within a 3 minute span. The ref misses the headbutt, but the announcers do not. Also, he is warned for the eyes, and throat. Yes. He did all three fouls and was caught on two of them by the ref.

All three fouls are pretty blatant. Which is weird to me, as he would have won even if he didn't do them. They didn't give him some great advantage. So why do them? Fuck if I know.

And the really fucked up shit was the eye attacks with Rampage.

Rampage literally tells the ref to do his job, because the ref refused to address the foul.

RampageJonesEyePokeMMA.gif

Sadly the gif shrunk down when it was uploaded, but you can still see it. He goes for the eyes. The first one could be easily dismissed, but the second one that is like 2 seconds later is so obvious. He literally is walking at his opponent with his fingers fully stretched and keeps trying to jam them at the eyes. It's fucking funny how obvious it is. And the ref is just.... durrrrr.

So yea, there's four fouls in two fights for you. Not a point deducted... just mild verbal warnings.

Just watch the first round he had with Shogun. That's all you really need to answer this question.

Once the two men hit the ground and grapple, Jones -

Attacks the trachea
Attacks the eyes
Headbutts

He does so all within a 3 minute span. The ref misses the headbutt, but the announcers do not. Also, he is warned for the eyes, and throat. Yes. He did all three fouls and was caught on two of them by the ref.

All three fouls are pretty blatant. Which is weird to me, as he would have won even if he didn't do them. They didn't give him some great advantage. So why do them? Fuck if I know.

And the really fucked up shit was the eye attacks with Rampage.

Rampage literally tells the ref to do his job, because the ref refused to address the foul.

RampageJonesEyePokeMMA.gif

Sadly the gif shrunk down when it was uploaded, but you can still see it. He goes for the eyes. The first one could be easily dismissed, but the second one that is like 2 seconds later is so obvious. He literally is walking at his opponent with his fingers fully stretched and keeps trying to jam them at the eyes. It's fucking funny how obvious it is. And the ref is just.... durrrrr.

So yea, there's four fouls in two fights for you. Not a point deducted... just mild verbal warnings.

8389360476_1224a6cc10_b.jpg

I'm going to assume you're attempting to disprove my observations with a failed attempt at wit, via pasting something you found on the internet tubes.

That, or you posted the gif of Rampage getting fingers shoved in his face over and over. If so, thank you, kind sir.

Can't believe nobody has mentioned the Eyesman yet.

The fuck, sherkids?

12-6 elbows, eye pokes, really good shocked apologetic face though, makes up for it

Headbutts
Eyepoke
Striking the throat
Illegal elbows (hamill)
Elbows to the back of the head (bonnar)

Think the Hamill fight was the only time anything was done.

Just because he wasn't penalized doesn't mean it didn't happen. I got to page 2 so I don't know if the gifs have entered this thread yet, but I've seen quite a few gifs of Jones eye poking his opponent. Most of the times it was with the reach out move he does and I also recall he poked Shoguns eye while in top position.

Every single time Jones is punched he pulls the eyepoke threat and blackpedals. It's his main and most effective defensive technic and he knows the refs don't have the balls to penalize even Vitor Belhifort back of the head KOs, so he keeps doing it.

He's saying the obvious to honest minds: not being penalized doesn't come close to prove Jon Jones or anyone is innocent.

Analogy makes no sense. "Not getting caught cheating on test"

There is a referee present at all times carefully observing the fight

Back