Has Joe Rogon stayed past his welcome?

I used to like joe but it seems the last few event hes really jumped the shark and screwed the pooch on a lot of comments with his bias and sheer favoritism in his favorite fighters, does the ufc tell joes who he roots for before each event or does he make his own mind up?

i think you've have outstayed your welcome.

Nope, Rogan is great. I honestly think he'd quit before he started reading off a UFC prepared script.

The Rogan/goldie combo is a classic, and is the best MMA commentary in the business.

I like Joe. He's very smart, knows technique, and is pretty effin funny. I'm fine if others don't like him, but I just don't see why. He's miles better than the two enuchs commentating on the FOX "football style" broadcasts. I mean honestly!

Don't get me wrong Joe is a good guy but i feel like he could be on borrowed time

Joe used to be outspoken, and would give his true opinion on things even if it was opposite of Dana White's opinion. It feels he's done a 180.

However I do like his commentating when he is not biased.

Joe definitly says some stupid sh*t and gets on my nerves some times. But he is good at what he does with Goldie. Just compair it to the events that he doesn't do, I think they are not the same because of the announcers.
On the other hand, he DEFINITLY has his favorites, which I beleive are from him, not the UFC. But I also do beleive that the UFC does tell him (and the other announcers) to talk up and create some hype about some others. I've always said that if you want to get a true feeling of who wins a close or controversal fight, watch it on mute so you don't hear anyone elses bias.
As good as fights are, announcers have a big impact on the enjoyment of the fights as well. An example I can give is "pro wrestling". I'm 37, and haven't watched WWE since I was in college, but try to watch it without sound...you can't. Any decent fights you can watch without sound. A major difference between big name WWE type organizations and the other guys are the announcers. The other companies have good wrestlers, cast offs from WWE and guys that will be in WWE but their announcers suck so it's almost unwatchable. So as much as you think you don't like Joe Rogan, I believe he will be missed once gone.

What a lot of people like about Rogan is you can tell he's a fan of the sport. He gets excited, he'll tell you when he's bored, he'll call out the ref for bad decision making, etc.

I'm watching the Bellator ppv right now and these two fuck heads seem like they couldn't care less about what's going on in the cage.

Nope, Rogan is great. I honestly think he'd quit before he started reading off a UFC prepared script.

The Rogan/goldie combo is a classic, and is the best MMA commentary in the business.

Damn straight.

I used to like joe but it seems the last few event hes really jumped the shark and screwed the pooch on a lot of comments with his bias and sheer favoritism in his favorite fighters, does the ufc tell joes who he roots for before each event or does he make his own mind up?

No sure if there's favoritism on Joe's part, but yes sometimes he's biased alot. But Anik and Florian... Oh boy, every fucking moves, takedowns and knockdowns are the best evar. To ear Anik say that Brown vs Silva is one of the best fight in MMA history ( goood fight, but not THAT good ) is cringeworthy imo.

No I don't at all, I love Rogan. I am very glad the UFC didn't decide to go with boring straight laced sports commentators, much to the chagrin of the crybabies that populate this forum.

As someone who listens to almost all his podcasts and live MMA commentaries, I can tell you he speaks his mind.

I don't believe the UFC is feeding him lines, but like Sonnen, I think he seems himself as a company guy and willing to say some stupid shit sometimes because of it.

I agree, and I think he basically always speaks the way he really feels. Hell, I remember a couple of times where he made fun of Mike for plugging a sponsor during the fight.

rogan needs to go. there's nothing rogan says that i care to listen.

rogan needs to go. there's nothing rogan says that i care to listen.

So because you don't like him, the folks that do should have to miss out?

That's not selfish at all

That's what the UFC is

Sadly as of more recent times i'm inclined to agree, i'm curious though do you feel the whole of MMA is heading in this direction or just the UFC?

UFC needs to implement a fight sound only option for their online streams. Can't stand listening to Rogan and Goldberg, they just repeat the same shit over and over. Rogan has a one track mind these days, when he gets on a fighter that's all he talks about the entire fight regardless of what's happening in the fight.

Back