Has Joe Rogon stayed past his welcome?

Sadly as of more recent times i'm inclined to agree, i'm curious though do you feel the whole of MMA is heading in this direction or just the UFC?

It's always been this way some people are just slow to accept it.

Funny thing is, Dana White can say over and over how MMA is a legit sport and people will eat it up. Yet Joe Rogan shows some "bias" in his commentary and all of a sudden people wanna go all hipster and call him out for being a shill.

No I don't at all, I love Rogan. I am very glad the UFC didn't decide to go with boring straight laced sports commentators, much to the chagrin of the crybabies that populate this forum.

Is this directed at me

No! first of all i am from canada and i have this like dream of joe being like 75 years old at the fights on a saturady night like the don cherry of ufc lol but maybe he should step back or evolve his position within the company or the events himself and thats already happening now with some of the fight nights and fox sports cards ..

I really agree with you, he is a smart guy but he says some stuff that makes one stratch the head, he can almost turn the tides against the winning fighter with nothing but his words

he's outspoken and he has to say shit on the fly which leads to some of his outlandish statements whether on ppv or on podcasts/interviews. i like rogan. but he does say some crazy shit. meanwhile goldie says some ridiculously idiotic shit.

It's always been this way some people are just slow to accept it.

Funny thing is, Dana White can say over and over how MMA is a legit sport and people will eat it up. Yet Joe Rogan shows some "bias" in his commentary and all of a sudden people wanna go all hipster and call him out for being a shill.

Good post, agreed.

I've been watching since UFC 5 but i've alway felt it's been a second or third tier 'sport'. It's been really apparent as of late how canned and rehearsed the whole production has become though, i suppose it explains how fans are leaving in droves.

Is this directed at me

No I didn't see what you said, I've just seen people whine about how him forever and compare the UFC's broadcast team to other sports since the day I joined. Why did you say that? Because we can bang bro

I still like Joe, he's way better than Kenny Florian! They could replace him though with the right guy. To bad Randy Couture is busy and at odds with UFC, he was always very entertaining as a color guy. Wouldn't be surprised if Sonnen eventually gets the gig.

Probably, you're stupid enough to suggest he may be getting his opinions fed to him.

Why do you say this? Do you not agree that joe rogan has massive bias in his words and commentary? Half the forum agrees with me

I think Rogan does a great job and him and Goldie make a great pair. For me, I'm happy with them both but I generally don't make a big deal if they make a mistake here and there, or appear to favour one guy a little more than another once in awhile. And to be honest, when they do, I hardly even notice. Man, when they're working they're on the air for what, nearly 6 hours. So I'm sure if you want to listen closely and nit-pick you'll find things to bitch about, but to me they're a good team. So basically, leave Joe alone. Goldie too.

I am a little set in my ways...It just doesn't feel right when it's not Joe and Goldie commentating. Even if it is some weird, biased, idiotic stuff. It's the normal and I don't like change, especially when it's Anik.

On a side note...I love Chael, Bisping, Stann, and Cruz for the fight news and analysis.

I can not stand hearing Pettis or Cormier speak in any forum. Both great fighters, but I have no clue how they got that job.

No I didn't see what you said, I've just seen people whine about how him forever and compare the UFC's broadcast team to other sports since the day I joined. Why did you say that? Because we can bang bro

Yeah apologies, it must be grating to hear this day after day but i know Joe is a real student of the sport and a tae kwon do master but he often comes off as if he is the one fighting while he commentates, i'd love if he was just a tad more objective in his fights.

I used to like joe but it seems the last few event hes really jumped the shark and screwed the pooch on a lot of comments with his bias and sheer favoritism in his favorite fighters, does the ufc tell joes who he roots for before each event or does he make his own mind up?

Did you just start watching? He used to be way worse for showing his bias

Yeah apologies, it must be grating to hear this day after day but i know Joe is a real student of the sport and a tae kwon do master but he often comes off as if he is the one fighting while he commentates, i'd love if he was just a tad more objective in his fights.

I find myself disagreeing with him a lot. He does pick favorites in a fight and exaggerates things that happen. I still enjoy his wit and candor though so I don't let that bother me

Why do you say this? Do you not agree that joe rogan has massive bias in his words and commentary? Half the forum agrees with me

Massive bias? No, just normal bias, and hes gotten better over the years. When he started out he was in love with Randy Couture, that's as close as I've seen to "massive".

Joe & Goldie > Anik & Florian

The bias is equal between teams, I think because the commentators are instructed whom to highlight and talk up. But Joe and Goldie are miles better than the alternative. Until they are the worst pairing I can't see a point complaining and asking for them to go.

Anik and Florian should be replaced by Chael and Cruz.

Its like that with literally EVERY sport in the world. The NBA commentators show bias to Lebron and KD, Boxing commentators show bias to Mayweather and Manny, Hockey and Crosby, Football and Brady/Manning etc...

Who could replace Joe...Brian Stann? Pettis? Cormier? Joe is the Goat commentator and a very experienced mixed martial artist with more fight intelliegence through-out his years of analysis than most UFC fighters...It really would not be the same without him although he does have alot of bias he cannot have a suitable replacement...goldie on the other hand can easily be replaced lol

Back