Has Joe Rogon stayed past his welcome?

I'm a fan of Rogan, I can also say that at times he gets out of control with his commentary, but it's all good :D

Joe was doing this for free for such a long time, how do you figure he over-stayed his welcome.

He was doing this shit b4 it was even mainstream and worth a dime.

Just like fighters staying too long in the game, the UFC's commentators need to step aside for a younger generation.

He is a mainstay of MMA. Thousands of years down the road they will have RoboRogan at weigh ins analyzing fighters and their face offs. :icon_lol:

Mostly just wish he would jump off Eddie's nuts with all that batshit 10th planet bullshit when he's calling action. "Oh, he's got him in spider monkey fucking a banana and its in deep..."

They need to add a third person at the table that knows more than Joe and that will call him on his bullshit, Goldie won't do it because he doesn't know enough and is basically a commercial that talks during the fight and says stupid stuff. Dominic Cruz, Sonnen, Miletich, Mir, Bonnar, Stann, any one of these guys would make a very welcome addition or someone like Quadros who's not a fighter but really knows his shit and keeps his bias out of how he calls the fight.

I love Joe and as a fan I think he's going through a crappy phase, but I will gladly wait it out, it's not THAT bad.

Beevis and Butthead are an American institution. Cannot separate.

I think they just need to add a fighter as colour commentator to keep Joe more honest. Much like when Jim Lampley and Larry Merchant would be all over a boxers jock and George Foreman would be seeing an entirely different fight and usually be right.

No way! I miss Rogan every time he's not calling an event. He's part of the brand to me, for better or worse. He does get a little over the top some times with the leg kicks and submission attempts, and occasionally shows a bias towards a certain fighter, but I wouldn't pick anyone else to take his place.His true passion for the sport is 2nd to none and that I appreciate.

People used to bash Goldberg but I find him more tolerable than Rogan because Goldberg seems to have improved with his job. Rogan, on the other hand, is way too loose in there and he's all over the place with his podcasts and promoting and smoking marijuana which isn't doing him any favors. The guy needs to chill out and relax a bit because he's too much.

I used to like joe but it seems the last few event hes really jumped the shark and screwed the pooch on a lot of comments with his bias and sheer favoritism in his favorite fighters, does the ufc tell joes who he roots for before each event or does he make his own mind up?
While normally I wouldn't nitpick I think you chose a really bad way to phrase your title. The guy's name is pretty synonymous with MMA and he is legit in every sense of the word. For a fan to suggest Joe has overstayed his welcome seems backwards to say the least. He has more than earned his right to be involved.

But to the main point of his commentating, its obviously subjective and a lot of people enjoy him. I'd say most would prefer the addition of a another knowledgable guy who isn't afraid to disagree with him for some more insight and balance then to see him stop all together. Goldie is a nice guy but brings little to the table. So add a third guy or replace Goldie, not Joe. At least that's what I would want and I think a lot of people would be on board with that as well

I swear that the people who complain about Goldie & Joe think they could do better.

Not a chance.

I can see him getting pushed out of his spot by claiming Heineken is a better beer than Bud Light on a pay-per-view.

Joe's the best at what he does. There's a couple people that I wished commentated with him but I never want to see that man leave the UFC commentary job.

Back