• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Has Colby dropped the act??

You think, but that opinion holds no real merit at this point. People have nuance. They're not going to be nice all the time.

Colby doubled down on his shtick so hard that he alienated himself from his friends and his entire camp. That says more about him when countless people had to distance themselves from him. Then you've got him talking about Dustin's wife and... I could go on forever. There's credence to the idea that Colby valued the attention his fabricated persona garnered more than friendship. That says a lot about him.

He may be toning it down now, but if he loses this fight, he's really got nowhere to go but down and nothing to show for it but lost friendships and burnt bridges.

clapping-clap.gif
A lot of truism going on this post Colby went all out with shtick but when you doing performance art and everybody else is doing just the sport one can easily ostracize themselves. In entertainment wrestling everyone is playing a character and everyone else is in on it. In mma it's just you and your training and what you bring in the cage.
Colby's shtick may have saved his job but it left him on island if he can't truly capture a for real title he's stuck with his character to me he's played to the point of no return to who or whatever he was before.

He was mocking Chimaev the other day for getting the "common cold" and becoming sick from a disease that has a 99% survival rate. That's on top of all the stuff he said about Dustin, Masvidal, and Usman. So unless it's all just an act - and a really lame one at that - I think Colby is just being his usual self.

ALSO DO YOU STILL CONSIDER COLBY TO BE A HEEL???

His interviews lately have been very chill lately. No more awkward pauses, ridiculous lies, or over the top Heel promos. Is he done playing the character? Is Colby himself now?

View attachment 888763
Well on the embeddeds he's claiming the last fight was fake, his jaw was not broken, he didn't eye poke Kamaru, he wasn't finished, Usman wants to attach himself to him, Usman is scared of him, etc..... and he's always posing like a schoolboy with paid models when everybody else on the embeddeds just live their actual lives and let the UFC film them in the course of their actual lives.

Colby is renting girls in rented houses and on rented boats, trying to portray the lifestyle of someone he's absolutely not. He still looks nervous around women and they don't look like they're actually socializing with him - they're just working and collecting their cheque. This is obviously not his day to day life.

So I'd say he's 100% fake character now - not sure how any of this can be taken as real. Kamaru was even laughing at him on the last embedded for surrounding himself with rented women to make himself seem interesting for embedded. I can't even begin to start to consider imagining how you can take this as dropping the act???

???

So, TS missed a few interviews or only saw some clips?
I'm honestly lost how anyone can say this. My gf and I watched the countdown and embeddeds last night and she was LITERALLY cringing at Colby's parts. Literally cringing.

I get that not everybody is gifted with perceptive abilities but I don't honestly think this takes any particular skill to see through. The guy is wearing gold chains now and trying to summon up swagger. It's entirely laughable. That is a man who is super uncomfortable with being who he really is in front of a camera.

Contrast that with Kamaru who seems to believe every single word he says 100%. Calm and collected, he just tells his perspective and he's surrounded by his actual real life.

every time you respond to me, which is often, you’re trolling. And it’s not even good

You said on earth dude. Come on lol. As if there's guys not in the training rooms across the world who haven't got there opportunities yet.

No one is the best in the world in fighting , it's a phallacy.

You think, but that opinion holds no real merit at this point. People have nuance. They're not going to be nice all the time.

Colby doubled down on his shtick so hard that he alienated himself from his friends and his entire camp. That says more about him when countless people had to distance themselves from him. Then you've got him talking about Dustin's wife and... I could go on forever. There's credence to the idea that Colby valued the attention his fabricated persona garnered more than friendship. That says a lot about him.

He may be toning it down now, but if he loses this fight, he's really got nowhere to go but down and nothing to show for it but lost friendships and burnt bridges.

I do think Colby probably went way overboard and went full retard essentially.

But I do think more likely than not they are all putting on a persona for the fans, but Colby happened to put on that of a heel.

Just from what I've seen, I can't point out exactly, but I think Colby's much nicer, genuine dude.

You said on earth dude. Come on lol. As if there's guys not in the training rooms across the world who haven't got there opportunities yet.

No one is the best in the world in fighting , it's a phallacy.
I didn’t say he’s the best, I said he’s one of the best and he absolutely is

Back