Has anyone shown us the gameplan to beat GSP?

Probably what Hendricks said: eat a couple of soft jabs to throw something big. Over and over until you catch him.

That's the thing, GSP's jabs aren't soft. He cracked koshecks face in like the first minute. Condit even felt his power in their fight, I think gsps power surprised him.

i think to beat GSP you need to have solid TDD and force him to stand with you for 5 rounds, and have hendricks type power and KO him.

GSP is always thinking in there. You need to throw him off. Make him think wrong.

Throw things he doesn't expect. Catch him by surprise. I think constant pressure on him, is the best way to go about it but no one seems to be able to do it.

Yes, the gameplan vs Georges is crystal clear.

#1) In the pre-fight build up constantly talk about how you were abducted by aliens as a boy and have been raised as one of their own.

#2) Start the eyepokes early and often. When I say early I mean early in the first round.

#3) After round 1, have someone that you planted in the audience project a hologram of an alien on Firas face. This should be enough but just in case it isn't...

#4) Try some more eyepokes early in round 2. This time aim for the remaining good eye.

#5) After round 2, have the guy with the hologram project the mother ship landing on the bud light logo. If that doesn't do it, you're pretty much fucked.

The only way gsp can lose:

GiUjbnf.gif

Hit his weak chin. It's the reason he abandoned his exciting style back in the day.

The only thing weak is this post.....Serra hit him behind ear....not chin...Condit landed a sweet head kick and still no ko.....keep reaching

Matt Serra - swing wildly and hope one connects

^this.

Did anyone see GSP's documentary where supposedly they didn't bother to train for the Serra fight until like 10 days remained? They paid gravely.

Condit also proved that yes, if anything, it will take a strike or strikes to stop GSP.

Serra and condit

GSP has no hole on his game, but there is a lot of hole on dat chin.

How is eating a headkick from Condit, recovering and winning the round showing a "hole in GSPs chin"?

The answer to how to beat GSP is simple and obvious.

Be named Matt.

Bewarned though, you are fucked in the rematch.

Last edited:
The answer to how to beat GSP is simple and obvious.

Be named Matt.

Bewared though, you are fucked in the rematch.

So, what you're saying is that GSP beats Hendricks (Johnny?! WTF kind of name is that?), Brown beats Condit and then we see Matt Brown beat GSP... unfortunately for Matt, but fortunately for us, this lights the fire inside GSP again and he comes back completely fucks Brown's shit up in the rematch.

Sounds good to me.

GSP knows how to keep opponents off balance. He mixes standup and take downs better than anyone. And he's very athletic. Even Jones could learn how to mix it up more. He was telegraphing those take downs against Gus.

A GSP who doesn't take risks and plays it safe is a hard puzzle to solve. Seriously, Condit wasn't that close to ending the fight.

Yes, there is always the chance of the big shot because GSP doesn't have the divisions top chin, but he also doesn't take risks and knows how to give himself time to recover.

I don't think anyone outside of Rory can beat him. Rory is a huge WW with a diverse game. Would love to see that.

brilliant post ... agree with everything

It sounds retarded but the only way to beat GSP is... be better than GSP. Which essentially means becoming the best at EVERYTHING.

First off, and the most obvious one, is your wrestling needs to be insanely good. GSP is the very best of his division (Kos/Hendricks are right their with him), so to beat him, you have to become the best wrestler in your division... So basically the best WW MMA wrestler ever.

Now, if you use that wrestling defensively to keep the fight on your feet, well, you're going to have to have very, very technical striking with significant power too. GSP has some of the best striking defense of all the champs, statistically speaking and his jab is one of the best in the sport. So you have to get around dat jab, and then work your way through his tight defense.

If you want to use your world class wrestling to take it to the mat, then you're top game better be rock fucking solid, because GSP manages to reverse everyone or at least get back to his feet. And, of course, if he ends up on top of you, you have to be very good off your back too, because he will slice through your guard and make life very, very unpleasant.

Oh and you have to be an exceptional athlete too, because GSP is quick, strong and has cardio for days.

And he's one of the best ever when it comes to following gameplans.

Good fucking luck with all of that.

There's a reason he's the owner of arguably the best resume in the sport.

another great assessment ... how can anyone argue that he isn't the most dominant fighter ever BECAUSE he has no holes in his game. He's very very good at all aspects of MMA technique.

have time limits--otherwise he watches the clock, picks his spots and takes an opponent down and controls them until it runs out.

hes probably the best strategic ufc fighter.. this isnt a knock on him--its just what he is..he fights--but not really.

Back