Has anyone here gone gluten free?

MoparOrNoCar

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm tired of feeling like shit all the time. I'd say my stomach is in some sort of discomfort about 80-90% of the time I'm awake. I've gone to the doctors and none of the tests they've ran have shown anything wrong with me. I've cut out lactose and that hasn't really done much for me. I'm basically in a constant state of either not shitting enough or shitting too much but I basically never feel like I'm done by the end of it. It's even affecting special time with the lady because it's hard to get in the mood when you just feel generally uneasy nearly all the time.

Just wondering if anyone else has had issues like this and fixed them with a gluten free diet. I already eat a ton of meats and veggies but I do have snacks here and there that have gluten in them. I'm not sure if it'll help or fix what I have going on but I guess it's worth a shot. Has anyone else gone gluten free? If so, what changed for you afterward?

I tried it. It made me dye my hair rainbow colored and wear bowties so I knocked that shit off.

I had similar problems for quite a while, along with pretty bad pains. Went through all sorts of tests and they finally chalked it up to IBS. Change od diet helped, but more so the fat and grease vs gluten. Strange enough, it mostly went away after a year or so.
However, my wife had similar symptons this past spring, and eventually determined that she had developed a gluten allergy. Silliacs test was negative, but Silliacs disease and a gluten allergy are different things. Its at least worth a try, go a week or so without gluten and see what happens. Gluten isn’t the “poison” the wackos on the internet want you to believe, but it can still cause certain people gastro issues.

I'm tired of feeling like shit all the time. I'd say my stomach is in some sort of discomfort about 80-90% of the time I'm awake. I've gone to the doctors and none of the tests they've ran have shown anything wrong with me. I've cut out lactose and that hasn't really done much for me. I'm basically in a constant state of either not shitting enough or shitting too much but I basically never feel like I'm done by the end of it. It's even affecting special time with the lady because it's hard to get in the mood when you just feel generally uneasy nearly all the time.

Just wondering if anyone else has had issues like this and fixed them with a gluten free diet. I already eat a ton of meats and veggies but I do have snacks here and there that have gluten in them. I'm not sure if it'll help or fix what I have going on but I guess it's worth a shot. Has anyone else gone gluten free? If so, what changed for you afterward?

I have some autoimmune issues that are aggravated by gluten ( psoriasis , alopecia ) . I'm about 98% compliant with the occasional moment of weakness. My skin is a lot better , but the biggest difference came from giving up beer , particularly IPA's . I was trying to drink " gluten reduced " beers like ommission or stones delicious and it just didn't cut it. I get my alcohol in other ways now.

A good side effect of trying to go gluten free.....or less is that you end up paying way more attention to your diet in general and tend to eat alot less crap , and just cleaner in general.

If it's something in your diet you should try to eliminate foods until you identify what makes you feel like crap. It's not necessarily gluten. Could be acid reflux.

I just returned from a vacation to France. Giving up gluten would make question life.

Probably make me feel better though.

Didn't you mention once about a constant bloat after eating, or something to that effect?

I've yet to try a gluten free diet, but I, myself get a bloat from time to time which I've (rightly or wrongly) attributed to too much coffee.

Working on upping the greens and cutting back on processed foods.

I sometimes give my SO shit for ordering gluten free, but she says she's seen a difference in overall better health.

I'm surprised this wasn't a @TidWell thread. Although the lack of "ripped and shredded" was a giveaway.

Maybe you have a under worked Colon and digestive system, you need to do a lot of Rickson gracie workouts

Maybe you have a under worked Colon and digestive system, you need to do a lot of Rickson gracie workouts

True, that shit worked for Bruce Banner.

Hulk-4-400-sg.gif

Didn't you mention once about a constant bloat after eating, or something to that effect?

I've yet to try a gluten free diet, but I, myself get a bloat from time to time which I've (rightly or wrongly) attributed to too much coffee.

Working on upping the greens and cutting back on processed foods.

I sometimes give my SO shit for ordering gluten free, but she says she's seen a difference in overall better health.

Yeah I'm basically bloated from the moment I eat breakfast up until I wake up the next morning to eat breakfast again. I'm only 155lbs but I have to walk around with my stomach sucked in half the time because I get toddler body as soon as I eat anything. Someone posted an article a while back about how doctors are finding out that your appendix harbors good bacteria in it and I had mine out when I was a kid so that could be some sort of factor as well.

I've always thought of gluten free as some shit hippies made up because they're bored but I'm willing to try anything at this point. Dropping the coffee for a bit should be an easy test for you. I don't drink it at all so I know it's not that for me. Did your SO go gluten free because she had stomach issues or did she have something else going on?

A friend of mine has similar symptoms, his stomach was always bothering him. He gave up gluten and said life got a lot better for him after that.

I'm lucky I can eat almost anything and my stomach rarely if ever bothers me.

95% of people with gluten allergies are undiagnosed. It has a deleterious effect on many people who don't have siliacs disease.

I have an autoimmune disorder which gluten triggers. As soon as I cut that and soy from my diet, my health improved substantially.

I have psoriasis, its mild, never tried cutting gluten.

What do you mean by upset stomach? Always have to shit? I eat gluten and never had upset stomach

I think it affects allergic people differently. For my wife, she gets stomach pains and diarrhea. There's no test for a gluten allergy, you just stop eating it for several days and see if you feel better. If you feel good and then eat gluten and the trouble comes back, you're likely allergic to gluten.

Yeah I'm basically bloated from the moment I eat breakfast up until I wake up the next morning to eat breakfast again. I'm only 155lbs but I have to walk around with my stomach sucked in half the time because I get toddler body as soon as I eat anything. Someone posted an article a while back about how doctors are finding out that your appendix harbors good bacteria in it and I had mine out when I was a kid so that could be some sort of factor as well.

I've always thought of gluten free as some shit hippies made up because they're bored but I'm willing to try anything at this point. Dropping the coffee for a bit should be an easy test for you. I don't drink it at all so I know it's not that for me. Did your SO go gluten free because she had stomach issues or did she have something else going on?

it could be a food allergy but most food allergies are serious like that chick who ate peanuts and died, so your issues doesnt sound severe since it only bloating. I would guess a Digestive issue aka weak gut.

you need to start experimenting with fermented foods and probiotics to find which is best for you

that bloating is usually from gas or parasites or bad bacteria build up

you gotta find a way to reduce it through diet

sounds like you could have some candida

Truly going gluten free is fairly difficult. I have a brother in law and niece who are allergic to gluten. If they have gluten, they break out into hives and swell up. So they aren't the typical going gluten free type - they have to be very careful with it. This means no cross contamination at all. If you are truly going gluten free, you'll find it difficult due to cross contamination.

You might try avoiding gluten for a few weeks and see if you get lucky and feel better.

I eat gluten/wheat free most of the time. It didn't solve my severe stomach problem but I've been less sick once I began eating this way.

Of late I've been avoiding eggs (the second most common food allergen), chicken and turkey. I'm quite pleased. My stomach is doing very well on this diet.

Back