Has anyone else stopped liking Jon Jones?

Didn't read the thread, but the OP is straight up lying. That, or he hasn't been reading Sherdog AT ALL.

Seriously, how the fuck did you miss all the complaining of Jones being cocky, arrogant, fake etc etc, and that started a looooooong time before the Gus fight.

It was even a running joke, when Jones would say something completely down to earth, people would go " OMG so cocky!!!"

And btw, with "decisive win", all Jones meant was that he thought he definitely won 3 rounds - he WASN'T saying the fight wasn't close.

Haters gonna hate, I guess.

finally!, someone with some sense

He'd have to do something unequivocally heinous for me even to consider withdrawing my support.

Nope.

Great another Jon Jones hate thread where every dumb idiot can come in and say how much he hates Jones.

Calling people who dont like jon jones "dumb idiots" is pretty pathetic, I like jones but I can see why a lot of people dont... and I dont see many people denying his ability as a fighter which is the only criticism worthy of someone being called an idiot, imo.

what a family though. 2 nfl starters and a ufc champion at the same time.

Sherdoggers are like little girls. It's hilarious. As grown ass men, hating on another individual who has actually done nothing to you and has never done anything horrible to the public's knowledge is pathetic. Keep it up Sherdog... haters aren't real men. lol

I was never a big fan, somehow he just seems too big for the division (or maybe his opponents should stick to being middleweights). Regardless, what I don't care for in general is champions who wanna play matchmakers.

Sherdoggers are like little girls. It's hilarious. As grown ass men, hating on another individual who has actually done nothing to you and has never done anything horrible to the public's knowledge is pathetic. Keep it up Sherdog... haters aren't real men. lol

Not liking =\= Hate. I'm sure its fighters in the world you don't like. Don't be one of "those" guys who try to be morally right and on the same team as the rest.

finally!, someone with some sense

How can he think its close but still think he won decisively? If the fight was close that means that even the "decisive" round was close.

but but but...Jon Jones is a fake because his coach told him to "go make some fans" and he's got a big ego (even though he is a 26 year old undefeated world champion millionaire) and also he kicks people's knees.

I like Jones at first and thought I might become a fan. However my support for him has gradually declined and my dislike of him expanded over time due to a series of events.

After the Machida fight I was fine with Jones then came the whole Rashad thing, UFC 151 and his whole attitude since.

everyone stopped liking this guy after he won the belt and had alot more microphone opportunities

Not long ago, Jon was the humble fighter who said he had lots of work to do on his BJJ after Vitor caught him and nearly subbed him. He fought through the injury and won.

He fights Sonnen, showing grit by fighting through an injury again, and getting the win. Heart of a champion.

Next he's saying two fighters set to fight him aren't worthy adversaries. Humble fighters like GSP would say their next fights are their toughest fights.

Then he fights Gus. He doesn't give Gus credit for pushing him to the limit, injuring him, exhausting him, taking him down, etc., things no previous fighter had done. It wasn't Gus. It was him at only 70%.

2:1 voters on Sherdog say he lost, but he, like Bisping v. Hammill, says he won. Moreover, instead of saying it was close (48-47 like judges), he says he was the decisive winner. Instead of being humble and asking for a rematch, he asks for Glover.

What happened to Jon Jones? How do you keep liking this guy? Overnight he turned into Michael Bisping? :( We are witnessing a PR train wreck!

He gave Gus plenty of credit. Almost all objective people (not posters on this site) think Jones won as did all the refs. Nothing wrong with Glover (who was promised a title shot) getting the next fight. Sure I'd love to see Gus fight him right away but at least the UFC kept a promise for once.

I'm also not sure you know what PR is. Nice try though.

i like the way he fights .

that's all i care about

I'd love to see all the sources for all these things he says that you guys hate him so much for.

I swear teenage girls on twitter are getting a bad rap. The Jones haters here on Sherdog are much bigger drama queens. They will twist anything Jones says to make him look as bad as possible then post their version as if it's fact.

It's hard to believe anyone would like him less after the Gus fight, the guy showed he was tough and that he has a championship heart. He also said Gus was "by far his toughest fight" but I guess if you don't like the guy you'll only take the snippets that help your argument.

I swear teenage girls on twitter are getting a bad rap. The Jones haters here on Sherdog are much bigger drama queens. They will twist anything Jones says to make him look as bad as possible then post their version as if it's fact.

Agreed. It's an embarassement to this website as it's the general perception of what an MMA fan is.

Back