Has anyone else stopped liking Jon Jones?

I really don't understand all the hate toward Jon Jones. He's a great fighter. His fight with Gus was really intense. Gus did well, but I don't think he won.

big YES,first I liked him a lot ! than his attitude was awful...

I really don't understand all the hate toward Jon Jones. He's a great fighter. His fight with Gus was really intense. Gus did well, but I don't think he won.

his attitude outside the cage

NO I haven't stopped liking him. Matter of fact I like him more. WAR JBJ

We've witness Jones dig deep in his most competitive fight vs Gus, as a fan of the sport, you can't disregard that. Words that have been said prior and after the fight really doesn't really matter IMO. And what's up w/ the comparison w/ Bisping? He may be a d*ck in pre-fight talks but that guy works his a** off and is really dedicated in his job as a UFC fighter

^^^This. However, there are just too many teenagers spewing drama about people being 'fake', or doing shit they don't approve of etc. Just enjoy the fights, appreciate the rigorous training and and discipline it takes to do this shit, and try to not cry about what fighters say. War Jon & Gus, there will be at least a couple more fights between these two.

LOL!!!! 2:1??? I want to see Jones get knocked out like the next person but GUS LOST! Plain and simple , if you can't see that then you are delusional.

WAR GUS!

Nope, big fan of a man who has had an incredible run and finally shut people up about his "toughness" and ability to take a punch. The fight was close, fair enough, but they gave the nod to Jones. Of course he said he won, should he come out and say he lost? Maybe he truly was only at 70%? I think it's kind of a shitty thing to say, but he's still young and brash. He's not a politician, this guys job is to beat people until they quit.. lets quit pretending these guys needs to be patron saints and let them be the fighters they want to be.

And TS, rewatch the Hammil vs Bisping fight... it really wasn't even close, Bisping won the damned fight. I too was a hater for a long time until I rewatched it about a year ago, and I was shocked at how little Hammil did and how much Bisping did. I couldn't believe I let my hate cloud my perception so bad for so long.

Next time he asks me for a favor I will tell him he really needs to work on his attitude if he wants us to stay friends

Still think he is a great fighter, dont dislike him but I think gus beat him....

Although I did find his comment about watching the fight 10 times and calling it decisive laughable, it sounded like something someone needing to really convince themselves they won would do.

Not long ago, Jon was the humble fighter who said he had lots of work to do on his BJJ after Vitor caught him and nearly subbed him. He fought through the injury and won.

He fights Sonnen, showing grit by fighting through an injury again, and getting the win. Heart of a champion.

Next he's saying two fighters set to fight him aren't worthy adversaries. Humble fighters like GSP would say their next fights are their toughest fights.

Then he fights Gus. He doesn't give Gus credit for pushing him to the limit, injuring him, exhausting him, taking him down, etc., things no previous fighter had done. It wasn't Gus. It was him at only 70%.

2:1 voters on Sherdog say he lost, but he, like Bisping v. Hammill, says he won. Moreover, instead of saying it was close (48-47 like judges), he says he was the decisive winner. Instead of being humble and asking for a rematch, he asks for Glover.

What happened to Jon Jones? How do you keep liking this guy? Overnight he turned into Michael Bisping? :( We are witnessing a PR train wreck!

Didn't the sherdog judges all score it for Jones? sonnen and evans, on their show, both had it for Jones. You can't go by what people say here. People on this forum are biased and haters and ball huggers. Very few here are objective. I thought jones won the fight. I thought he had gus hurt, and was close to finishing him. That in my mind gives Jones more points, that simply barely winning a round. Jones was never hurt at any moment in the fight.

Jones has always rubbed me the wrong way. I tend to just avoid listening to him speak and just watch him fight. And he is amazing in the cage. Gus won it 48-47, but rounds two and four could swing in either fight's direction. It was a close fight, and while I was pissed when Jones was announced the winner and one judge scored it 49-46, i could see it being scored in Jon's favor.

I gave Alex the 4th and Jones the 2nd, btw. I understand most people have it the other way.

He gave Gus plenty of credit. Never seen so many children whinging about stupid shit. Stop crying.

You whingers are either weirdos, Anderson fans or children, or a combo of all three.

I was indifferent. Big fan after his last fight. GREAT job by him and Gus, big fan of both.

Never seen so many children whinging about stupid shit. Stop crying.

The amazing thing to me is the amount of energy required/wasted giving a shit what these fighters do pre-bell ringing.

The amazing thing to me is the amount of energy required/wasted giving a shit what these fighters do pre-bell ringing.

lol yeah the level of butthurt over trivial matters is ridiculous.

Next he's saying two fighters set to fight him aren't worthy adversaries. Humble fighters like GSP would say their next fights are their toughest fights.
A while back, Glover himself said he wasn't ready for Jones. Maybe that's changed, or maybe Jones continues to agree with Glover's own words. GSP is a humble guy, but I don't dislike Jones.

Then he fights Gus. He doesn't give Gus credit for pushing him to the limit, injuring him, exhausting him, taking him down, etc., things no previous fighter had done. It wasn't Gus. It was him at only 70%.
He gave Gus credit and stated that he needed to experience a dog fight like that. I'm 100% certain he respects his opponents.

Moreover, instead of saying it was close (48-47 like judges), he says he was the decisive winner. Instead of being humble and asking for a rematch, he asks for Glover.
Saying it was close and saying he was the decisive winner aren't mutually exclusive claims. The only official criteria we can go on, are the judges score cards. Much as we don't like it, they favored Jones as the winner by unanimous decision. It was a close fight, but it was also a decisive, unambiguous decision victory.

If we start throwing our own judging criteria into the mix, our opinions become no more or less valid than Jones or Gus', for that matter. Sad as it is to say and repeat, but Dana is right in that you have to try against all means, to avoid letting it go to the judges.

What happened to Jon Jones? How do you keep liking this guy? Overnight he turned into Michael Bisping? :( We are witnessing a PR train wreck!
There is no such thing as bad publicity. Once we recognize that many of these guys have an image they put on in front of the cameras, we can get back to just respecting them for what skills they demonstrate in the octagon. That's what I do, anyway.

More specifically, we don't see enough about them behind the scenes, unfiltered, which would give a better idea of who they actually are, if it matters.

Great another Jon Jones hate thread where every dumb idiot can come in and say how much he hates Jones.

Didn't read the thread, but the OP is straight up lying. That, or he hasn't been reading Sherdog AT ALL.

Seriously, how the fuck did you miss all the complaining of Jones being cocky, arrogant, fake etc etc, and that started a looooooong time before the Gus fight.

It was even a running joke, when Jones would say something completely down to earth, people would go " OMG so cocky!!!"

And btw, with "decisive win", all Jones meant was that he thought he definitely won 3 rounds - he WASN'T saying the fight wasn't close.

Haters gonna hate, I guess.

Back