Has anyone else stopped liking Jon Jones?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by ReadWrite, Sep 27, 2013.

1. ReadWrite

ReadWrite Red Belt Platinum Member

Not long ago, Jon was the humble fighter who said he had lots of work to do on his BJJ after Vitor caught him and nearly subbed him. He fought through the injury and won.

He fights Sonnen, showing grit by fighting through an injury again, and getting the win. Heart of a champion.

Next he's saying two fighters set to fight him aren't worthy adversaries. Humble fighters like GSP would say their next fights are their toughest fights.

Then he fights Gus. He doesn't give Gus credit for pushing him to the limit, injuring him, exhausting him, taking him down, etc., things no previous fighter had done. It wasn't Gus. It was him at only 70%.

2:1 voters on Sherdog say he lost, but he, like Bisping v. Hammill, says he won. Moreover, instead of saying it was close (48-47 like judges), he says he was the decisive winner. Instead of being humble and asking for a rematch, he asks for Glover.

What happened to Jon Jones? How do you keep liking this guy? Overnight he turned into Michael Bisping? :( We are witnessing a PR train wreck!

2. The Real Pedro

The Real Pedro Red Belt

Yeah, I blocked his number and ignore him when he tries to get a hold of me by calling my friends.

3. buddhist09

buddhist09 Purple Belt

Nope. And honestly, a lot of people have not liked Jones for a looooong time. Even before he won the belt. They said he was fake.

4. 315MMAFighter

315MMAFighter MąïȚře Đë Đəğåť§ - Pure Dominican Platinum Member

YES , Me!! Im sure their will be many others, he shoudlve vouched for a insta rematch with Gus, instead he fights Glover, I dont care whT JBJ does anymore, the guy should be named president & ceo of zuffa llc and UFC as a whole

5. DetroitRob

DetroitRob Common Sense Philosopher

He is just a kid making typical stupid kid comments however since his DUI what has he really done that was wrong?

I'm looking forward to the day he gets KTFO but I don't dislike him. I just don't want to see half the divisions ruled by long term champs

6. kevo1295

kevo1295 Brown Belt

He said Gus was "by far his toughest fight".

7. NoContest

NoContest Brown Belt

to be fair, I'd rather see him fight Glover next because I think Gustaffson would benefit from a fight against someone else

maybe Jon Jones thinks the same? He's giving Gustaffson some time to improve, what a great guy

8. TeejayMac

TeejayMac Green Belt

I'd love to see all the sources for all these things he says that you guys hate him so much for.

9. giovanni002

giovanni002 Silver Belt

We've witness Jones dig deep in his most competitive fight vs Gus, as a fan of the sport, you can't disregard that. Words that have been said prior and after the fight really doesn't really matter IMO. And what's up w/ the comparison w/ Bisping? He may be a d*ck in pre-fight talks but that guy works his a** off and is really dedicated in his job as a UFC fighter

10. Socialhandgrenade

Socialhandgrenade Silver Belt

Nah the only thing that's perhaps bugging me are his idiotic fans claiming that he "clearly" beat Gus and that we're all delusional for thinking different. Other than that I think he's just doing his job and fighting the next contender. Gus will come back even stronger and hopefully with better cardio. Frankly I love the idea of a trilogy between them 2 as I think Gus has a good chance of beating him next time but not right now. Can't wait to see him fight Glover

11. Doodles

Doodles Brown Belt

Lol at all these people claiming to have been Jones fans that have turned on him since Gus got "robbed".

One of the reasons 2:1 Sherdoggers thought Gus won is because Bones is hated by most people on Sherdog. Another reason is Rogan's irritatingly biased commentary.
    Another reason is because people were shocked that the fight was competitive and were overly generous to Gus in the scoring.

This WAS a close fight. I can Understand why some say Gus won but the 2:1 vote from Sherdoggers means Jack shit when 100% of the judges gave it to Bones. The vast majority of MMA media also scored it for Bones.

Anyone calling this a robbery is either an idiot or a hater. Similarly, it can't be described as decisive victory for Bones either.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  12. Oogie Sharp

Oogie Sharp Red Belt

No. :icon_lol:

13. Break Brick

Break Brick Black Belt

Yup, he commented on my facebook status the other day and I totally didn't respond to his comment and replied to everyone elses.

14. MolesyMMA

MolesyMMA Silver Belt

Nope and anyone that has because of his actions after the Gus fight is a little bitch.

15. LongTermLurker

LongTermLurker "Et tu, Brute?" Platinum Member

The overlap between loving drama and mma is much higher than I would guess.

FYI: he did give Gus credit, but facts are for pussies.

16. Oogie Sharp

Oogie Sharp Red Belt

Yeh, Jones stock went up with me, akin to Silva's going up after the first Sonnen fight.

17. Uncommon Valor

Uncommon Valor Super Fly

No, why would I?

18. Fantastic_Man

Fantastic_Man Brown Belt

I indeed am a middle school girl.

19. cOugAr_LIbRe_85

cOugAr_LIbRe_85 Brown Belt

surely im not the only one whos not bothered about Jones in terms of his personaility? i dont like or hate the guy, but i always look forward to his fights. i really dont see what there is to dislike about him!

Wand is loved universally on this site (i love the guy too!) and throughout mma, but hes said some really shitty things about fighters in the past. jones gets an air of confidence and all of a sudden hes the antichrist!!

get over it girls

20. Doodles

Doodles Brown Belt

You still read his comments? I've unfriended him since he came out with the outrageous comment of "All credit to Gus, he definitely gave me my hardest fight".