Has any heavyweight ever missed weight?

I think most people would disagree with that. You seem to be suggesting that nobody over 280 lbs. could possibly be physically fit, which is a ridiculous claim, so I assume you have some unassailable source to back that up?

Human beings at that weight are putting themselves at extreme risk of early death due to complications brought on by morbid obesity.

Who cares if someone can condition their muscles to handle the burden, their organs arent adequate for supporting obesity, which is why medical professionals look to treat and deter obesity.

Its unhealthy, even if the person in question is capable of standing and sitting down without assistance, its an unnecessary stress on the body that pro sports organizations shouldn't incentivize.

Athletic competition should be a celebration of good health, not a freakshow of people selling the last 20 years of their lives....

A 280lb person can be in good health and not place the undue stress of obesity on their organs.....as long as they are 7'5'' or taller....

Making a super heavy weight division (265+) in the UFC is as good/bad of an idea as making a women's 155 division in the UFC. Let's hope it never happens.

Jarl

Even at 6'8'', 300lbs is obesity....

It would take a height of 7 feet for 300lbs to not be obese (though it would be overweight bordering on obesity)
usa_today_10110866.0.jpg

What a fat ass (guy on the right).

usa_today_10110866.0.jpg

What a fat ass (guy on the right).

Dude....its possible to have muscles and be obese.....in fact....muscle makes it more likely.....

300lbs is 300lbs.....the heart doesnt care if its fat or muscle....its why bodybuilders and prowwrestlers never hear 'happy 60th birthday!'

Bodybuilders are ALL morbidly obese. It is a competition that directly rewards morbid obesity...Its the most unhealthy 'sport' as a result.

Lets call it what it really is. A drug induced eating contest....

No thanks.....

I dont want that shit in legit promotions.

Let legit promotions have the real sport and leave the sideshow to someone who doesnt require credibility.....

It would be like the NFL making the audience watch that bakini football league during halftime.....

If an organization is legitimate, there are certain things they cant have all under one roof....

Last edited:
Making a super heavy weight division (265+) in the UFC is as good/bad of an idea as making a women's 155 division in the UFC. Let's hope it never happens.

Jarl
Most people don't agree with that shit, the idea is to remove the useless 265 limit so guys 6'8+ can fight without being skinny fucks.

Dude....its possible to have muscles and be obese.....in fact....muscle makes it more likely.....

300lbs is 300lbs.....the heart doesnt care if its fat or muscle....its why bodybuilders and prowwrestlers never hear 'happy 60th birthday!'

Bodybuilders are ALL morbidly obese. It is a competition that directly rewards morbid obesity...Its the most unhealthy 'sport' as a result.

Lets call it what it really is. A drug induced eating contest....

No thanks.....

I dont want that shit in legit promotions.

Let legit promotions have the real sport and leave the sideshow to someone who doesnt require credibility.....

It would be like the NFL making the audience watch that bakini football league during halftime.....

If an organization is legitimate, there are certain things they cant have all under one roof....
<Huh2>
Muscle tissue burns blood sugar. Fat tissue converts blood sugar into fat.
High blood sugar is what leads to high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and heart attacks.
Muscle tissue literally directly lowers the most harmful things to your heart.

I can't even comment further on your shit it's so fucked up lol

Very true, There should be no cap on HW, remove this stupid 265 cap, I don't get it. In other combat sports.. boxing, kickboxing, muay thai there is no HW cap, they can weigh what they want. If a boxer wants to weigh 400 Ibs like Butterbean then he can. I wish UFC made it 206 - anything .

Tai Tuivasa is well over 300 Ibs, he is killing himself to make the weight. its stupid and pointless.
Def not true.. in Bjj, HW is 195-207.5, Ultra HW is 221 and over. In Muay Thai HW is 210-230. In Kickboxing.. 220 and over is Super HW. Only in Glory is it no cap. IKF HW is 215-235. AM Boxing over 200, well over 200.6, is Super HW. Wrestling: Grec HW is 216-286, Freestyle HW is 214-276.. for international and Olympic standard, while in College HW is 183-285. How can you speak for Tai, when he himself says he makes weight with discipline, and is openly saying on his podcast that he's much smaller now then earlier in his career when he weighed around 300?

Yeah, I also remember reading ages ago that there is actually a SHW division in UFC but they just don't use it, and they can open it anytime they like as its in the rules and its 266 - anything above. But I think they only used it a few times. Mark Robinson vs Hoffman was one of the UFC SHW fights and GanMcgee, Semmy Schilt were in a few I believe at around the time Zuffa brought UFC.
Gan 299lbs vs Barnett 257lbs was the first official SHW fight within the UFC.. I was at that fight, UFC 28. But prior, when there weren't any weight class in the UFC, Harry Moskowitz was like 300lbs and he fought Andre Roberts who was like 360+.. Plus Tank vs Matua and Tank vs Varleans. The fight you speak of was overturned because Hoffman failed the test.. he was like 247 and Robinson was 300, was the second and last "official" SHW fight in the UFC..

I wonder what giusti825 was banned for. His opinion on this subject was terrible.. lol

It’s weird they throw all these tiny weight classes in there but they never fixed the heavyweight class.

Most people don't agree with that shit, the idea is to remove the useless 265 limit so guys 6'8+ can fight without being skinny fucks.

Heavy weight is an embarrassingly thin division. Now imagine taking out all of the fighters that cut weight in that division (Brock, Hunt, Ngannou, etc.) and putting them in super heavy weight. Congratulations: you took a division with a shallow talent pool and made it twice as shitty! Genius!

Are there swathes of prospective 6'8" MMA fighters out there? And if there are, well...LeBron James is 6'8" and weighs under 250 pounds. Super heavy weight is a terrible idea in theory and an even worse idea in practice. If you think watching Mir vs. Arlovski huff-and-puff in the middle of the cage is a sad sight, just put a pair of 350-pound fat asses (or super muscular guys) in there to truly embarrass the sport. But, if you still think that sounds like fun, you'd better change the rules for SHW to fight only 3 one-minute rounds - even in "title fights"

Jarl

Rumour was that Bork failed to make weight for his fight against Hunt.

Heavy weight is an embarrassingly thin division. Now imagine taking out all of the fighters that cut weight in that division (Brock, Hunt, Ngannou, etc.) and putting them in super heavy weight. Congratulations: you took a division with a shallow talent pool and made it twice as shitty! Genius!

Are there swathes of prospective 6'8" MMA fighters out there? And if there are, well...LeBron James is 6'8" and weighs under 250 pounds. Super heavy weight is a terrible idea in theory and an even worse idea in practice. If you think watching Mir vs. Arlovski huff-and-puff in the middle of the cage is a sad sight, just put a pair of 350-pound fat asses (or super muscular guys) in there to truly embarrass the sport. But, if you still think that sounds like fun, you'd better change the rules for SHW to fight only 3 one-minute rounds - even in "title fights"

Jarl
Dude, wtf are you talking about? I'll repeat: the idea is not to split HW and SHW, it's just to remove the 265 limit and to make it like in boxing, kickboxing or any other sport: 206+, NO LIMIT, no one wants a SHW division

And yes there are some 6'8 guys out there.. But most of them couldn't make 265 without being skinny, i gave a example of person that posted in sherdog about it in this thread at a previous post, he was thinking about making the transition but gave up because of the weight limit.

Very true, There should be no cap on HW, remove this stupid 265 cap, I don't get it. In other combat sports.. boxing, kickboxing, muay thai there is no HW cap, they can weigh what they want. If a boxer wants to weigh 400 Ibs like Butterbean then he can. I wish UFC made it 206 - anything .

Tai Tuivasa is well over 300 Ibs, he is killing himself to make the weight. its stupid and pointless.
Struve is another guy that would benefit with the cap lifted

Human beings at that weight are putting themselves at extreme risk of early death due to complications brought on by morbid obesity.

Who cares if someone can condition their muscles to handle the burden, their organs arent adequate for supporting obesity, which is why medical professionals look to treat and deter obesity.

Its unhealthy, even if the person in question is capable of standing and sitting down without assistance, its an unnecessary stress on the body that pro sports organizations shouldn't incentivize.

Athletic competition should be a celebration of good health, not a freakshow of people selling the last 20 years of their lives....

A 280lb person can be in good health and not place the undue stress of obesity on their organs.....as long as they are 7'5'' or taller....
Celebration of good health? They punch each other in the hrad for a living, sports arnt about health at the top level

Even at 6'8'', 300lbs is obesity....

It would take a height of 7 feet for 300lbs to not be obese (though it would be overweight bordering on obesity)
Not obese if the person is muscle.. as there are plenty of men the size you mention and much bigger, that are far from obese and in great physical shape.

Dude, wtf are you talking about? I'll repeat: the idea is not to split HW and SHW, it's just to remove the 265 limit and to make it like in boxing, kickboxing or any other sport: 206+, NO LIMIT, no one wants a SHW division

And yes there are some 6'8 guys out there.. But most of them couldn't make 265 without being skinny, i gave a example of person that posted in sherdog about it in this thread at a previous post, he was thinking about making the transition but gave up because of the weight limit.
The sports you mention.. have a cap though.. some in am, some in pro, some in both.

Back