Has any heavyweight ever missed weight?

Very true, There should be no cap on HW, remove this stupid 265 cap, I don't get it. In other combat sports.. boxing, kickboxing, muay thai there is no HW cap, they can weigh what they want. If a boxer wants to weigh 400 Ibs like Butterbean then he can. I wish UFC made it 206 - anything .

Tai Tuivasa is well over 300 Ibs, he is killing himself to make the weight. its stupid and pointless.
Doesn't the UFC have a SHW division that they just never use outside of 1 or 2 fights back in the day? If so, that's probably a big reason for the cap. I wonder what the SHW limit would be?

I do believe Tim Sylvia missed weight once and then weighed in again later and made the weight. I forget which fight it was

Tim Sylvia is a large mammal.
9vbln7.jpg

Doesn't the UFC have a SHW division that they just never use outside of 1 or 2 fights back in the day? If so, that's probably a big reason for the cap. I wonder what the SHW limit would be?
Yeah, I also remember reading ages ago that there is actually a SHW division in UFC but they just don't use it, and they can open it anytime they like as its in the rules and its 266 - anything above. But I think they only used it a few times. Mark Robinson vs Hoffman was one of the UFC SHW fights and GanMcgee, Semmy Schilt were in a few I believe at around the time Zuffa brought UFC.

Not sure about missing weight in the UFC... But would love a Super-Heavy Class. Just for fun. Pride Freak Show fights were pretty entertaining back in the day. Just don't want any fighter dying of a heart attack.

Willis

But he was kind of a late replacement

Yeah, I also remember reading ages ago that there is actually a SHW division in UFC but they just don't use it, and they can open it anytime they like as its in the rules and its 266 - anything above. But I think they only used it a few times. Mark Robinson vs Hoffman was one of the UFC SHW fights and GanMcgee, Semmy Schilt were in a few I believe at around the time Zuffa brought UFC.
Perhaps they're waiting until there is a need for SHW? I can't see that happening anytime soon, though.

Tim Sylvia weighed 311 lbs for a HW fight vs. Abe "The Babe" Wagner. They had to change it to SHW. Also Tim was replacement for Duffee

Thiago Santos missed weight by 12 pounds and had to cancel his fight with Eric Prindle

Timmy has missed weight. Not in the UFC though.

Did Sylvia miss weight for a 265 limit fight? Which one was that? I know he's been fighting at super HW and also that the doctor's has refused to clear him due to his weight on some occasion.

frank-mir-fedor-emelianenko-bellator-192.jpg

Frank might. Looks like he's pushing 300 here.

This is one of the most depressing things that I've ever seen. Looks like two suburban dads mean mugging each other at a local buffet.

Last edited:
This is one of the most depressing things that I've ever seen. Looks like two suburban dads mean mugging each other a local buffet.

If fedor is 5 foot 11, there’s no way Frank is 6 foot . He looks hardly taller than fedor

Very true, There should be no cap on HW, remove this stupid 265 cap, I don't get it. In other combat sports.. boxing, kickboxing, muay thai there is no HW cap, they can weigh what they want. If a boxer wants to weigh 400 Ibs like Butterbean then he can. I wish UFC made it 206 - anything .

Tai Tuivasa is well over 300 Ibs, he is killing himself to make the weight. its stupid and pointless.

Tuivasa is fat. If he's killing himself it's due to obesity.

Sylvia weighed in well over 300lbs for his fight with Mercer. I think he took the fedor loss bad and found comfort in the pantry....

I think that fight was planned to be superheavy from the start. But Sylvia was often 305-310 between fights in the UFC.

Back