Has any heavyweight ever missed weight?

The sports you mention.. have a cap though.. some in am, some in pro, some in both.
Boxing doesn't and kickboxing ofc depends of the promotion, in Glory/K1 there aren't any limits as far as i know

Most people? Who?
Read the comments here. People are pushing for unlimited, not for a SHW division, i'm talking about sherdog here

Boxing doesn't and kickboxing ofc depends of the promotion, in Glory/K1 there aren't any limits as far as i know

Read the comments here. People are pushing for unlimited, not for a SHW division, i'm talking about sherdog here
Boxing does in Am. Kickboxing the sport does, Glory doesn't (which is an org, not the actual sport). K1 is an org, not the sport.
Read the comments on sherdog as if those are the only people who matter is living in a very sheltered life if you think any adult uses what people say on here as the reality to situations. You are talking about sherdog, but the majority saying dif, are speaking in general, as that is typically how adults think. Maybe you should read the comments, as I laid out weights in which would've told you about the HW cap in dif combat sports..

Boxing does in Am. Kickboxing the sport does, Glory doesn't (which is an org, not the actual sport). K1 is an org, not the sport.
Read the comments on sherdog as if those are the only people who matter is living in a very sheltered life if you think any adult uses what people say on here as the reality to situations. You are talking about sherdog, but the majority saying dif, are speaking in general, as that is typically how adults think. Maybe you should read the comments, as I laid outs weights in which would've told you about the HW cap..
You can't be that stupid. Seriously, what's your problem? ...
I'm not even wasting my time, after that shit i already realized you're just trying to argue about whatever with whoever, gtfo moron.

You can't be that stupid. Seriously, what's your problem? ...
I'm not even wasting my time, after that shit i already realized you're just trying to argue about whatever with whoever, gtfo moron.
No.. I'm just an ex pro fighter, currently teach and train, have cornered in major orgs.. as some on here train under me and some follow me on social media, already know. Also the age of 39, so I tell whole truths, not leave things out to fit my opinion. Trying to argue would be what a child does or a female does.. or in your case, what someone wrong tries to do. A moron is one who was corrected for their errors and can't say thanks or admit wrong, so they deflect in another direction. Reality is, you are wrong and I said Am in the initial reply you replied to.. so apparently you can't read, or have no comprehension skills or simply replied triggered without reading my full post. You people give out false info, while some of us correct you casuals and keyboard types. Next..

Not obese if the person is muscle.. as there are plenty of men the size you mention and much bigger, that are far from obese and in great physical shape.

You dont have to be all fat to be obese. Bodybuilders are obese. The top level guys more so, as the 'sport' incentivizes this. Obesity creates an early death risk.

Just because you like the way someones weight looks doesn't mean it makes it any healthier.

The human heart can't handle the stress of pumping blood for a silverback gorilla....

Human beings at that weight are putting themselves at extreme risk of early death due to complications brought on by morbid obesity.

Who cares if someone can condition their muscles to handle the burden, their organs arent adequate for supporting obesity, which is why medical professionals look to treat and deter obesity.

Its unhealthy, even if the person in question is capable of standing and sitting down without assistance, its an unnecessary stress on the body that pro sports organizations shouldn't incentivize.

Athletic competition should be a celebration of good health, not a freakshow of people selling the last 20 years of their lives....

A 280lb person can be in good health and not place the undue stress of obesity on their organs.....as long as they are 7'5'' or taller....
So no reputable source indicating that a person can't be 280+ lbs. (and not 7'5") and in good physical condition, as requested, just your own "medical expertise"? I'm shocked. Just shocked.

Very true, There should be no cap on HW, remove this stupid 265 cap, I don't get it. In other combat sports.. boxing, kickboxing, muay thai there is no HW cap, they can weigh what they want. If a boxer wants to weigh 400 Ibs like Butterbean then he can. I wish UFC made it 206 - anything .

Tai Tuivasa is well over 300 Ibs, he is killing himself to make the weight. its stupid and pointless.

Or.. Tai could just not be a fat mess?

No weight limits at the time, but I'm guessing Yarborough (RIP) was the heaviest guy to ever fight in the UFC. ~600 lbs iirc.

11.jpg
this picture by itself explains why the UFC took so long to find any semblance of mainstream acceptance.

this picture by itself explains why the UFC took so long to find any semblance of mainstream acceptance.

Rome wasn't built in a day. Our understanding of why this is ridiculous now was developed by watching fights like this. In the early 90s, having a black belt in white tiger kung fu (or whatever Hackney's credentials were) was the pinnacle of baddassery. That was tested out against sumo and found superior but was inferior to submission grappling.

But yeah, it was certainly something of a freak show. Pride did the best with presenting MMA as a spectacle. The UFC under Zuffa went a different route and tried to present it more as a rugged sport. Both approaches worked pretty well imo, and each had their pros and cons imo.

Back