Has any heavyweight ever missed weight?

D 1 Wrestler

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I know not many cut, but has any ever missed 265 and had to try again? I imagine that would be equally bad as Hendricks missing weight after bumping up a class

Last edited:
HW is best job in the world. Can eat steak every night. Even bums are paid a million bucks a fight. Just stop drinking water two days @ 300 and you're in. Not that i know of.

Timmy has missed weight. Not in the UFC though.

No weight limits at the time, but I'm guessing Yarborough (RIP) was the heaviest guy to ever fight in the UFC. ~600 lbs iirc.

11.jpg

yea already posted 285 is college wrestling, was thinking of that. Crazy that college wrestling is higher limit than UFC
It's all good honest mistake. I'd edit it out though before you start getting roasted <6>

Hendricks will when the inevitable move to heavyweight happens.

Sylvia weighed in well over 300lbs for his fight with Mercer. I think he took the fedor loss bad and found comfort in the pantry....

The idea of having an upper weight limit on heavyweight is fucking stupid

I do believe Tim Sylvia missed weight once and then weighed in again later and made the weight. I forget which fight it was

The idea of having an upper weight limit on heavyweight is fucking stupid
Very true, There should be no cap on HW, remove this stupid 265 cap, I don't get it. In other combat sports.. boxing, kickboxing, muay thai there is no HW cap, they can weigh what they want. If a boxer wants to weigh 400 Ibs like Butterbean then he can. I wish UFC made it 206 - anything .

Tai Tuivasa is well over 300 Ibs, he is killing himself to make the weight. its stupid and pointless.

No weight limits at the time, but I'm guessing Yarborough (RIP) was the heaviest guy to ever fight in the UFC. ~600 lbs iirc.

11.jpg
Didn't he balloon up to 800 pounds once? (Probably in Sumo). It's nuts to imagine we almost had a 1000 pound fighter once.

Back