Hallelujah! Joe Rogan replaced by Dominick Cruz on commentary UFC 265

hopefully the beginning of the end for joe calling fights. worst commentator ever

Time to move on.

Joe hasn't added anything but hyperbole to these broadcasts for some time. Even his BJJ 'expertise' is null and void because he can't keep his excitement in check.

I wonder if this is a result of his unprofessionalism on the last card, swearing on air for no reason?

The only thing DC has going for him is that he's likable. He's the nut low commentator. He has a small set of phrases he repeats over and over and at times it's pretty obvious he's not even paying attention to the fight.

DC just has no commitment to become a good commentator whatsoever and he has his hands in way too many cookie jars (he coaches HS wrestling ffs). There was at least a point in time where Rogan was committed to becoming good at commentary. While he's certainly regressed in recent years, it's not yet to the point that he has surpassed DC's level of mediocrity.

As long as Stephen A Smith is no where near a commenting table I am fine with whomever the UFC uses. If Smith is there I never watch it.

They need to hire The Voice all these commentators r so dull n Cruz is terrible all he talks about is the damn underhook omg

Cruz is terrible. End of discussion. He over complicates the easiest of things. Can you imagine trying to learn something from him? Makes even the most mundane thing, seem like it requires a 45 minute description. No thanks.

When Joe actually commentated what was occurring in the cage I didn’t mind and actually liked him, but at some point he started playing favorites, if a fighter he had a personal interest was in the cage his calls would become blatantly biased. Almost as if he wa purposefully trying to sway the viewers and judges into thinking fighter X was clearly winning a close fight, he absolutely lost his objectivity. There’s no place for that in any high stakes sport where wins and loses can be potentially decided by a third party, one who can be influenced by an excitedly hyperbole screaming manlet who regularly exhibits extreme form of favoritism, it’s very unprofessional, just my 0.02. I prefer anyone who can remain objective calling the fights, Cruz fits the bill.

Good news. Hopefully the beginning of a new era.

Go back to the 2 man booth. Bisping and 1 of the traditional play by play broadcasters, and nothing else.

What the hell is frank mir doing these days bring him back
Does commentary for a new MMA promotion called XMMA and hes pretty good at it, heard he wanted to do commentary for UFC but they turned him down.

I get that people have issues with Joe for whatever reason but this is pretty silly. Cruz is proven to be more of a corporate shill, is more robotic, doesn't mesh as well with other commentators, etc. I'll take Joe any day of the week over CRUZ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back