Social Had Colonoscopy, Waited 2 Weeks for Results

Im 40 and had my first one a month and a half ago because i had some dull pain in the butthole shortly before pooping. Have a family history of polyps so the doc recommended a colonoscopy. They found and removed a polyp and saw evidence of pst internal hemorrhoids that are now dormant. The entire process was painless and the anesthesia they use is nothing short of amazing. Out like a light and no grogginess when i came out of it.

Glad everything turned out well for you. I strongly urge anyone with concern to contact their doctor. Colonoscopies are a great preventative inspection that can save lives. I heard that they are lowering the recommended age from 50 to 45 because colon cancer is becoming more common in younger men, and if caught early the treatment is very successful when compared to other cancers

I had my latest labs for my oncologist there is still No Evidence of Disease (NED)!

I was a little worried because I am experiencing some balance & speech issues but I think it might be my heartburn medicine. I stopped taking it a week ago & my speech is returning to normal everyday.

My CT & MRI are next week but my blood work is the first line of defense. I know I say it all the time but get out & get tested. Early detection is key & could save your life, like me. It's especially important if you have a family history.

Thank you to all the Sherbros who have been on this journey with me. It helped me more than you know.

View attachment 1030414
Loving this update Shetbro. You've been gifted a second chance at the big dance. Make the most of it

Why did you choose to get checked initially?

My father died of cancer so I went in for a routine colonoscopy when I was 44. The recommendation went down from 50 to 45 but COVID hit & waited a year. Not a good idea.

@xHeadx
What a thread.
I ran cold reading it because you started it in 2021 and had all of those edits.
Was nice to read your latest post.

My father died of some kind of cancer, in 2009. He was shy of 70.

My mother in law died of cancer in January.
And two other of her direct relatives within 18months prior.

Today, I'm on a 3rd day of some obscure increasing pain that should not be normal and I'm going to get it checked out.
It's amazing how procrastination can infect even the fundamental needs in life, such as getting checked out.

Thanks for your thread Sherbro.

Sorry to hear about all your family. Cancer took my dad, too. Getting a hold your life includes getting checked out. Good for you to include this. Good luck!

Congrats TS, wish you continued good health

Thank you!

Hoping you stay in remission forever 🙏
Thank you! Me too.

Im 40 and had my first one a month and a half ago because i had some dull pain in the butthole shortly before pooping. Have a family history of polyps so the doc recommended a colonoscopy. They found and removed a polyp and saw evidence of pst internal hemorrhoids that are now dormant. The entire process was painless and the anesthesia they use is nothing short of amazing. Out like a light and no grogginess when i came out of it.

Glad everything turned out well for you. I strongly urge anyone with concern to contact their doctor. Colonoscopies are a great preventative inspection that can save lives. I heard that they are lowering the recommended age from 50 to 45 because colon cancer is becoming more common in younger men, and if caught early the treatment is very successful when compared to other cancers

Glad to hear everything worked out for you! Good on you for getting checked out. Prep is worst part. 😫

Loving this update Shetbro. You've been gifted a second chance at the big dance. Make the most of it

Thank you! I definitely have a different outlook on life. More positive, understanding & compassionate. A lot of things in life really don't matter. Maybe age but I credit facing cancer for changing me.

Back