• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gym Idiots v11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, first of all!
but given that KidAlchemy moves respectable weights

And you have no idea whether KidAlchemy's cousin are like those people who spin their wheels at the gym. We don't know how big he is, but given that KidAlchemy moves respectable weights and his cousin doesn't seem to say anything about that, I'd wager his cousin is pretty strong and big himself.

The two just have very different training goals, and KidAlchemy's cousin seems like a douche-bag.

Well his strength is for you to decide. He is about 173cm and 80-85kg. He can bench 110kg for single set of 3, squat 120kg for one set of 5 (not full depth though) and he doesn't deadlift because it put's too much emphasis on his glutes. He overhead pressed 70kg for 2 last time seated which is in fact more than my standing OHP. I'll say that he is strong in the movements he does like low cable rows, lat pull downs and stuff like that.

Though from the way he walks and talks he should be able to lift more than that despite his opinions on strength training.

For the first time in my lifting life I was told to stop dropping the weights when I deadlift :(

Can't wait until I'm back in my college gym

I was in the kitchen the other day with one of my flatmates, and could hear another of my flatmates talking with her boyfriend in her bedroom (right next to the kitchen). I wasn't paying too much attention at all to what they were saying, but it was about gym stuff.
Anyway, I heard the guy say "And do you know what I hate? Guys that do just one rep and then spend like 5 or 10 minutes waiting before they do another one". I just yelled out "There's absolutely nothing wrong with that" from the kitchen. Flattie I was talking to laughed, while he quietened down for a minute.
Out of context, I feel like it's important to say that they do train at a university gym which has quite a large body of powerlifters training there, some of whom are definitely pretty good at what they do.

Weird talk about the protein, mainly because I heard two conversations about it at the gym this week - which would be the first two I've heard ever.

"Who really needs protein? Does anyone here really workout hard enough to need protein after they workout?"

WTF kind of questions are those?

Weird talk about the protein, mainly because I heard two conversations about it at the gym this week - which would be the first two I've heard ever.

"Who really needs protein? Does anyone here really workout hard enough to need protein after they workout?"

WTF kind of questions are those?

I know I talk a lot of shit about my cousin but yesterday he said that he can't workout over the weekend because his proteins will arrive next week. Sold him my old ones for 5

Well... remember when Daken posted here? He's like that x2.

dismay.gif

Ah, you're blue again. Not to kiss your ass, but you always were one of the better mods.

Joking aside, aside from me, I think the mods now are the best sherdog ever had. I'm just an ass floss savant, otherwise a pretty average mod.

i usually dont mind bros curling in the squat rack as long as noone is waiting to use the equipment, but the other day, one guy was curling in the squat rack and using lifting straps.

saw a lady using the assisted pullup machine as kind of a stair stepper. using the pullup bar for balance and one foot on the knee rest, stepping on it over and over and over.

and today, guy in the hack squat machine was facing down towards the machine

and today, guy in the hack squat machine was facing down towards the machine

I'm pretty sure that's a legitimate variation. As much as any kind of hack squat is a legitimate exercise, anyway.

Fuck yeah. Just pulled 405x3 for the first time.

(Sorry, stoked about the new milestone and needed to get it out somewhere)

Congrats man.

I'm still questing to that 4th plate. I'm at 355 for 3 but still can't get 405 up without seriously breaking form.

I see fucktwits at my gym all the time.
the stupidest are the guys who grab a single dumb bell and then
balance themselves on that half ball thingy and do
psuedo kettle swings or something?

not to mention the queers who jump onto a pull up bar or handles and then do
monkey type moves with their legs and torso, switching hands to demonstrate
their dexterity I guess.

IDIOTS

Congrats dude. Always feels good to get that 4th plate on there.

Congrats dude. Always feels good to get that 4th plate on there.

Thanks, it was exactly this with the 4th plate.

Congrats man.

I'm still questing to that 4th plate. I'm at 355 for 3 but still can't get 405 up without seriously breaking form.

Yeah, 355 and 405 is a huge jump. I was pulling 380x3 and it felt good for 2 weeks. Running 5/3/1 and decided to do 10 more pounds than recommended on the 1+ because I wanted that 4th plate and got it. First two flawless, 3rd still good but lost grip with left hand at the top to had to come down quick and maybe didn't fully lockout.

Grip strength for me was always to biggest issue, then got recommended using liquid chalk and it helped amazing. I think if I were to 1 rep max a weight it would still be my determining factor over legs/back form, but it wouldn't be far off and I can do 3 and 5 reps to work the targeted muscle groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back