Gym Idiots v11

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn it, i'm the idiot in the gym.

It's okay. If you look at the machine it doesn't look like something you should lay face down on. Not sure it's really intended, but yeah it is legit to do. IIRC it works the glutes better than if you're turned 180.

Has anyone notice how much different gyms are with social interaction compared to 10+ years ago?

I've notice very few people asking for spots today compared to years ago for example. In 2014 pretty much everyone in the gym is walking around with earbuds. Not saying its a bad thing just an observation

I just cant stand the gym music and the distraction of idiots around me and their talk when I am trying to focus. But i will speak to someone if they say something. I'm generally cool if anyone wants a spot.

and today, guy in the hack squat machine was facing down towards the machine

That's a legit exercise. Feels dumb as fuck doing it but it works.

It's okay. If you look at the machine it doesn't look like something you should lay face down on. Not sure it's really intended, but yeah it is legit to do. IIRC it works the glutes better than if you're turned 180.

Are you guys talking about this, using it like a hip drive?
15MPTBREVERSEHACKSQ_550328g.jpg

I remember back in high school, 1st school I was at had a hip drive machine that our football coach loved, it was a bigger contraption than the one pictured below but you could do similar exercises - regular hack squat, the hip drive exercise and drive with arms extended.
bulldog3.jpg

music at chain gyms is horrible. I regularly go to a 24hr fitness and the music is atrocious, to the point if my ipod dies I have serious consideration to leave. The other day an old Britney Spears song was playing, why? I'm buddies with a few people that work there & the ones that have talked about the music say they can block it out - I don't think I could do that. I guess I wouldn't hold up under music torture, no spy career for me.

music at chain gyms is horrible. I regularly go to a 24hr fitness and the music is atrocious, to the point if my ipod dies I have serious consideration to leave. The other day an old Britney Spears song was playing, why? I'm buddies with a few people that work there & the ones that have talked about the music say they can block it out - I don't think I could do that. I guess I wouldn't hold up under music torture, no spy career for me.

the TVs at my gym are stuck on Nickelodeon's. good thing the volume is turned down, the music is the typical Pop stuff.

the one at my gym has more of an incline,

cybex_free_weight_hack_squat.jpg

and the guy using it while facing down, was definitely not going nearly as deep.
Yeah, I just realized the one I posted doesn't have much of an incline.
Honestly, when I first read "facing down", I was picturing a guy standing upside down in the hack squat machine. I was thinking, wtf, he is doing handstand leg presses?! forum idiot, I am.

the TVs at my gym are stuck on Nickelodeon's. good thing the volume is turned down, the music is the typical Pop stuff.
That is awful. Ones at my gym are usually on news channels - CNN or Fox - or sports and they are tuned into radio frequencies for the sound & all have close captioning.

hehehe... the good ole "deadlifts are noisy"-debate....

Lots of people in my vicinity have gotten noise-complaints for deadlifting outside the "olympic platform" in my gym (quoted because it doesn't have a hardwood portion, meaning you're standing on foam padding everywhere). I took this up with a receptionist because one of my friends had been adressed in the past and brought up the fact that it's a health hazard to perform heavy lifting on an unstable surface. Was met with "blah blah it wears the plates and bars out. If you lift on an unstable surface it trains your smaller muscles".

Fast forward a couple of months to when a regional bodybuilder starts training and working as a personal trainer at the gym. The dude is obviously on gear, but is one of the most humble and well-mannered individuals in the gym, and deadlifts in excess of 700lbs. Via a mutual acquaintance I talk to him and explain the conversation that transpired between me and the receptionist. The guy just Bert-stares me and shakes his head in disbelief at the ignorance and thought of someone asking him to deadlift 700-plus pounds on a fucking foam flooring. Haven't been adressed myself still, but if the question ever pops up, I'm sending whatever receptionist is on call his way for a dose of reality.

Last edited:
Now playing: an exercise that can only be described as dumbbell weighted waist-height pimp slaps. Unbelievable.

Not a gym idiot but felt like sharing.

Theres this awesome ass bird who trains in my gym. I'm talking text book squat booty. Her ass is Jen Selter level, its incredible. Whenever she walks in, EVERY guy watches her.

Anyways, so yeah shes a 'squat chick'. Probably has an instagram with about 200 pics of herself in yoga pants doing a duck face.
Whenever shes in here, she warms up on the cross trainer and stares out whoever is in the squat rack, then she always goes over and asks how many sets they have left and every single time, whoevers in it just stops what they're doing and gives it over.

I'm waiting the day she does this to me, it won't work.

I only went to a public gym once in my life, and that once was enough:

It was a long time ago, but the gym was small so there was maybe max 2 of each workout equipment. One guy just started his workout on the bench, and the other guy was finishing up. I waited for the guy who was almost done to finish his bench.

So this guy was dripping sweat all over the bench. It wasn't just a little bit of sweat... but puddles of it. Now I'm not saying that he should have disinfected the entire thing, but the least he could do was wipe it down.

So I was waiting for bench, he got up, smiled and said: "Here ya go".

I was so grossed out. I'm still grossed out just thinking about it.

I only went to a public gym once in my life, and that once was enough:

It was a long time ago, but the gym was small so there was maybe max 2 of each workout equipment. One guy just started his workout on the bench, and the other guy was finishing up. I waited for the guy who was almost done to finish his bench.

So this guy was dripping sweat all over the bench. It wasn't just a little bit of sweat... but puddles of it. Now I'm not saying that he should have disinfected the entire thing, but the least he could do was wipe it down.

So I was waiting for bench, he got up, smiled and said: "Here ya go".

I was so grossed out. I'm still grossed out just thinking about it.
I train in a commercial gym so there's always a guy without a towel, sweating all over some bench, usually accompanied by a trainer who doesn't give a shit.

I used to passively-aggressively grab the paper towels and disinfectant from the treadmill area, but now I just tell them to wipe it down as soon as I see them leaving.

Theres this awesome ass bird who trains in my gym. I'm talking text book squat booty. Her ass is Jen Selter level, its incredible. Whenever she walks in, EVERY guy watches her.

Anyways, so yeah shes a 'squat chick'. Probably has an instagram with about 200 pics of herself in yoga pants doing a duck face.
Whenever shes in here, she warms up on the cross trainer and stares out whoever is in the squat rack, then she always goes over and asks how many sets they have left and every single time, whoevers in it just stops what they're doing and gives it over.

Why?

I see a quid pro quo situation.

I vote that you tell her to work in with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back