Gym Confrontations

slowlypullin

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Have you guys ever gotten in to fights or had someone confront you in the gym for a simple, insignificant thing?

I went to the gym yesterday evening, i was feeling pumped since it was chest day. Well i go in the gym, swipe my membership and head to the bench press. I drop my bag next to a bench press and proceed to warm up. The bench doesnt have any weights, they are scattered around the rest of the machines and bench press. In front of me there was a machine with a few plates. From the time i got to the bench press, warmed up, no one was using the machine. I walked over to get a plate and placed it on the barbell. As soon as i placed the barbell this guy comes up and tells me his using the machine and that he needs his plate back. I said,"ok, no problem." I turned around to see if there were any other plates not being used and while i was looking around, the guy grabbed the plate, picked up the barbell from one side and dropped it on purpose. I was planning on giving him the plate. I was like wtf man. It pissed me off. All this other guys saw and had their eyes wide open, i guess expecting me to do something. I got a few plates and began working out. My adrenaline was high and i was doing my set really quick. I sat on the edge of the bench facing the guy and told myself, if he tells me anything im going to call his ass out. I was really expecting him to talk shit to me but he didnt, i eventually calmed myself down and said to myself it isnt worth the trouble. But this shit is bothering me because i feel i punked out lol.
I feel i did the right thing but another part of me is giving me shit.

You sound scrawny and poor.

On a serious note; it's not worth getting into altercations over something so trivial. Maybe if he would have made physical contact with you that would have been more justified but still not worth it. People like that guy probably have a shitty life to be acting like that.

The other guy just needs a hug Ts. Let it go.

Meh, you encountered a rude dumbass at the gym, it happens.

I caught someone in my gym trying to take a picture of me with their phone as I walked by. Walked straight up to him and made it clear that his phone would be going out the window if he tries it again. The reason he was taking the photo is because Im in China and being the tall-ish bearded foreigner i am, I guess that make me of interest.

I just got back from the gym. It was my first time in years. everyone was extremely nice.

I always hear about altercations at the gym but ive never seen one. (Used to go alot) just seems silly to me. patience is a rare thing nowadays.

I caught someone in my gym trying to take a picture of me with their phone as I walked by. Walked straight up to him and made it clear that his phone would be going out the window if he tries it again. The reason he was taking the photo is because Im in China and being the tall-ish bearded foreigner i am, I guess that make me of interest.

I think that guy was a sherdogger. There was a thread about the same situation not to long ago.

Happened to my brother all the time when he was there. He's half asian, but has a fairer complexion and hair color, is 6' tall and was probably rocking a beard at the time. He was never a dick about it, though. Imagine going your whole life and never seeing a white guy in person; you might be excused for gawking a little when it actually happen. Mainland Chinese are notorious for lack of manners by western standards. From what I hear, black people have it the worst when they visit China.

My Caucasian mom was visiting Taiwan and some random mainland Chinese women wanted to take a picture of her. She thought it was strange but she went with it. She asked my brother what that was all about and he said that they were taking pictures with her because she has big tits and they were going to show it to their friends. She felt pretty upset about that but my brother told her is normal.

^^^You just told sherdog that your mom has big tits.

Yeah, that guy was probably having a bad day and is just a dick.

1) The parking lot of my gym is shared with a club, and as my friend and I was walking from the parking lot to the gym at 12:00, I spot this pretty girl and I guess her bf. So I make eye contact with the girl and then look at the guy. Nothing crazy just a normal look. The guy breaks eye contact, and then feeling like he lost or something he immediately looks back at me and asks if I got a problem and wants to fight or something like that. I just say no, walk away, and bust out laughing after im a good distance away from this drunk dude. This guy was super scrawny and would have got rekt though. Im talking 130 lbs soaking wet.

2) Same friend different day. My friend and I are being jackasses and throwing medicine balls and chit at each other. Its like 12:00 am again so no one is in the gym except this one huge guy. I pick up a 5lb plate and feint like I am going to throw it at him, and he fukkin hides behind this big guy without the big guy noticing. So the guy is looking at me like wtf are you gonna throw that plate at me and im like no, my friend is behind you.
I ask him why are you just standing there dude im not gonna hit you with the plate you can cross my line of fire, but he just stands there with this mean mug on his face. He replies "I dont wanna FUCKING get hit bro" or something like that but its obvious im not going to throw it, im just waiting until he passes. Anyway he mumbles some shit talk under his breathe or something and I just bust out laughing as he walks away.

lol.

Happened to my brother all the time when he was there. He's half asian, but has a fairer complexion and hair color, is 6' tall and was probably rocking a beard at the time. He was never a dick about it, though. Imagine going your whole life and never seeing a white guy in person; you might be excused for gawking a little when it actually happen. Mainland Chinese are notorious for lack of manners by western standards. From what I hear, black people have it the worst when they visit China.

My Caucasian mom was visiting Taiwan and some random mainland Chinese women wanted to take a picture of her. She thought it was strange but she went with it. She asked my brother what that was all about and he said that they were taking pictures with her because she has big tits and they were going to show it to their friends. She felt pretty upset about that but my brother told her is normal.
pics of mom, now

Happened to me once after many years of going to the gym.

I was using 65 on the incline bench. Was resting while another dude jumped in real quick. Out of nowhere some tall douchebag grabs my weights. I tell him I'm using him and usually people say no problem and give them back. He decided acting like a tough guy, we argued a little and he dropped them. Ten minutes later he ended up apologizing, I guess it's because I didn't back down. Lord knows if we got into a fight I would have gotten my ass kicked. For some reason I feel like my tattoo's intimidated him.

Happened to me once after many years of going to the gym.

I was using 65 on the incline bench. Was resting while another dude jumped in real quick. Out of nowhere some tall douchebag grabs my weights. I tell him I'm using him and usually people say no problem and give them back. He decided acting like a tough guy, we argued a little and he dropped them. Ten minutes later he ended up apologizing, I guess it's because I didn't back down. Lord knows if we got into a fight I would have gotten my ass kicked. For some reason I feel like my tattoo's intimidated him.
pics of tattoos

Didn't happen to me, but there was this guy who was pissing off everyone. About a week later in the change room a bunch of the regulars were sitting around discussing how they going to jump him

Didn't happen to me, but there was this guy who was pissing off everyone. About a week later in the change room a bunch of the regulars were sitting around discussing how they going to jump him

Pics of regulars

Back