Gym Confrontations

Whenever that happens I just smoke the guy in the face with the plate, stand over his lifeless carcass and take a shit on his face like Beacher did in Oz.

Nobody will fuck with you after that.

Whenever that happens I just smoke the guy in the face with the plate, stand over his lifeless carcass and take a shit on his face like Beacher did in Oz.

Nobody will fuck with you after that.

Shit bro after that Beecher got all his limbs broken, one of his kids killed and became gay. I don't want to be a dick but there's probably a better way

I've never got into an argument or physical confrontation at a gym after I graduated from college. The thing that bothers me more is the conversations between the gym rats. It's like their whole life is centered around the time they spend at the gym so they come off like awkward teenagers. It legitimately gives me douche chills sometimes.

Not once in many years of working out in gyms. But I keep a pretty low profile.

You did the right thing and have no reason to feel "punked". It's incredibly juvenile to argue over plates or exercise equipment. Even if you can mop the floor with them, you're better off just avoiding any human who would. There's nothing to gain from such a trivial conflict.

Shit bro after that Beecher got all his limbs broken, one of his kids killed and became gay. I don't want to be a dick but there's probably a better way

You're right I forgot about that.

Maybe don't do that if it's a prison gym.

Gyms are just all-around awkward, latent, stinky cesspools. Even the people just wanting to exercise and observe etiquette act like nervous weirdos.

I know a guy that got into a gym fight and got hit in the side of the head with 10kg dumbbell then had a seizure and now has minor brain damage.

Sign of low T.

I once had a guy grunt at me when walking in my direction but I just laughed and moved out of the way. Unless you are at a serious private gym like the rest of life 99% of the people there are absolute idiots so why even acknowledge that they exist? Continue on with your day and ignore it.

My gym is full of curlbros. I try to go when it's dead otherwise when the bros see me lifting heavy and raw they just scowl periodically before returning to their curls or tricep extensions.

Happened to my brother all the time when he was there. He's half asian, but has a fairer complexion and hair color, is 6' tall and was probably rocking a beard at the time. He was never a dick about it, though. Imagine going your whole life and never seeing a white guy in person; you might be excused for gawking a little when it actually happen. Mainland Chinese are notorious for lack of manners by western standards. From what I hear, black people have it the worst when they visit China.

My Caucasian mom was visiting Taiwan and some random mainland Chinese women wanted to take a picture of her. She thought it was strange but she went with it. She asked my brother what that was all about and he said that they were taking pictures with her because she has big tits and they were going to show it to their friends. She felt pretty upset about that but my brother told her is normal.

I'm half chinese and my dad brought me to China when i was a kid, mobs of people would follow us around everywhere we went, and I was on the news. It was annoying as fuck cuz my parents made me wear a goddamn leash so I wouldn't get kidnapped

Not really. I am a trainer at one gym, but I train at another (to get away from work people).

One time I was there with my girlfriend and a trainer at the gym who is also the manager came up and starting complimenting her squat and asked her why she didn't work there at the front desk. Then he told her if she didn't want to work there, he would be happy to give her a few gym t-shirts to wear around town and comp her membership in return. It was rather bold I thought, he just has a creeper vibe. Once I came back and he found out she was my girlfriend he apologized and we laughed it off.

Sign of low T.

I once had a guy grunt at me when walking in my direction but I just laughed and moved out of the way. Unless you are at a serious private gym like the rest of life 99% of the people there are absolute idiots so why even acknowledge that they exist? Continue on with your day and ignore it.

My gym is full of curlbros. I try to go when it's dead otherwise when the bros see me lifting heavy and raw they just scowl periodically before returning to their curls or tricep extensions.

There is this one guy at my gym who is a massive curl jockey. It's a work gym and I heard him talking to a coworker once and he was talking about how all his friends talk mess because they say he's always working out his arms.

The most annoying thing about the guy is he does cable curls and every time he rolls up his sleeves on his short sleeve shirt and does them. Now I'll admit his arms do look pretty good but that's only during curling. When he just gets to the gym he just looks like some small guy who kind of works out.

Theres another guy who's massive in the upper body. His lower body is almost unbelievable how small his legs are. I'm almost positive he might have the smallest legs in the gym while easily being the biggest guy in the upper body. Funniest part is I heard him talking about competing in some bodybuilding contest which I think we all know how that would go with his condition. About a month after I heard him talking about getting ready for the comp he comes in and starts working out his legs for the first time I had ever seen him do it in like 4 months. So I assumed he was told something about his legs. He does have some sort of knee braces on each one though so his legs being small might not be by choice. He gave me his training card once to and I almost busted out laughing. I was bulking and I get fat when I bulk cause I don't give a shit so he might have thought I was clueless about what I'm doing.

only betas get in confrontations in the gym

catch me in the gym with headphones on, minding my bidness, gettin my stupid pump on

Came close once. Guy was doing about a 15 station circuit, using damn near every piece of equipment in the gym. My wife asked him if she could work in one machine and he got mouthy with her telling him not to talk to him while lifting. She came and got me.

I didnt alpha or anything, Just walked up and said "she's going to work in with you". Once it was a guy in front of him and not a woman, he was like "oh yeah, sorry, just a misunderstanding".

There is this one guy at my gym who is a massive curl jockey. It's a work gym and I heard him talking to a coworker once and he was talking about how all his friends talk mess because they say he's always working out his arms.

The most annoying thing about the guy is he does cable curls and every time he rolls up his sleeves on his short sleeve shirt and does them. Now I'll admit his arms do look pretty good but that's only during curling. When he just gets to the gym he just looks like some small guy who kind of works out.

Theres another guy who's massive in the upper body. His lower body is almost unbelievable how small his legs are. I'm almost positive he might have the smallest legs in the gym while easily being the biggest guy in the upper body. Funniest part is I heard him talking about competing in some bodybuilding contest which I think we all know how that would go with his condition. About a month after I heard him talking about getting ready for the comp he comes in and starts working out his legs for the first time I had ever seen him do it in like 4 months. So I assumed he was told something about his legs. He does have some sort of knee braces on each one though so his legs being small might not be by choice. He gave me his training card once to and I almost busted out laughing. I was bulking and I get fat when I bulk cause I don't give a shit so he might have thought I was clueless about what I'm doing.

:icon_lol:
Lost at sleeve rolling.

I don't particularly care about other people so I just turn up my music and focus on hitting my numbers but every now and then something either shocks me or makes me laugh.

I was lifting on Sunday morning when two young professional type guys walked into the weight area and immediately launched into about 20 sets of preacher curls. They were curling for about 45 minutes. As said IDC about people so I chuckled then got back to my lifts. I was deadlifting 495 for reps and when I go to drink some water I noticed one of the bros looking at me like I was simultaneously hitting on his girlfriend and shitting my pants.

Touch him with teh jab!!!!

Kudos for doing the right thing, TS. Don't sweat the small stuff.

I caught someone in my gym trying to take a picture of me with their phone as I walked by. Walked straight up to him and made it clear that his phone would be going out the window if he tries it again. The reason he was taking the photo is because Im in China and being the tall-ish bearded foreigner i am, I guess that make me of interest.

A girl I know who is a gym rat and enjoys lifting was in China for a couple of years. She would draw a crowd every time she lifted. Literally, a crowd of Chinese dudes surrounding her bench, watching her.

Back