Gym Confrontations

I know a guy that got into a gym fight and got hit in the side of the head with 10kg dumbbell then had a seizure and now has minor brain damage.

wtf-art-o.gif

only betas get in confrontations in the gym

catch me in the gym with headphones on, minding my bidness, gettin my stupid pump on

Exactly. I've never seen anything close to a confrontation at the gym. Everyone minds their own business. The only thing that gets assaulted are my weights, u kno whamsayin'?

There's these 2 loud grunting idiots at my gym. You know the "Look at me!" type when they lift. They had their pack mentality and one of them was like "Looks like you skip leg day a lot?". Which was weird considering I've never had any sort of interaction with them at all. I look at my 160lb self and tell them it looks like I skip pretty much every day, not just leg day. I'm like whatever, they're idiots but I'm not going to get pissed over a stupid ass comment so I'll just leave it on a joke.

Then they laugh and then the guy turns up his volume so everyone can hear and goes "But seriously those are some scrawny ass fucking legs!!". Now I'm pissed so I get even louder and call him out. Saying shit like "Wtf are you doing checking out my legs for? Why are you so worried about another mans legs?" along with a whole slew of homophobic slurs. This embarrassed the shit out of them because now everyone was looking so of course they had to get tough and have some other guys hold them off of me. I finished my set and decided to leave. As I was leaving a bunch of people in the gym were looking at me with smirks. I'm assuming because they think those guys are douches too. Could have been because of my scrawny ass legs lol.

It's not quite a confrontation but I did have this particular moment where I thought it might escalate.

I was at the gym on a sunday. It was completely empty. I go over and begin my set of Squats. Since my priority is on strength my rest intervals are anywhere between 3 and 5 minutes and I was pushing for a PB. Between warm-up and work sets I can be anywhere between 15 and 25 minutes on the Squat rack. So after my first or second warm up set some guy enters and walks right over and sits on the machine directly behind me waiting to use the squat rack. He's not even using the machine he's sitting on, he's just watching me do my sets. I turn around and tell him that because my rest intervals are quite long he can work between sets if he's like and I'll help him load/de-load the weights. He says he'd rather wait until i'm done. Fair enough, I made sure to tell him that I'm going to be atleast another 15 minutes and he just nods and sits there. For the remaining 15-20minutes he just sat no more 3ft behind me silently shooting evils. It was so off-putting that I really wanted to say something but chose not too.

never happened to me. im good friends with most people at the gym cause im a friendly mohterfucker so if some weirdo came in starting shit he would stick out like a sore thumb

Have you guys ever gotten in to fights or had someone confront you in the gym for a simple, insignificant thing?

I went to the gym yesterday evening, i was feeling pumped since it was chest day. Well i go in the gym, swipe my membership and head to the bench press. I drop my bag next to a bench press and proceed to warm up. The bench doesnt have any weights, they are scattered around the rest of the machines and bench press. In front of me there was a machine with a few plates. From the time i got to the bench press, warmed up, no one was using the machine. I walked over to get a plate and placed it on the barbell. As soon as i placed the barbell this guy comes up and tells me his using the machine and that he needs his plate back. I said,"ok, no problem." I turned around to see if there were any other plates not being used and while i was looking around, the guy grabbed the plate, picked up the barbell from one side and dropped it on purpose. I was planning on giving him the plate. I was like wtf man. It pissed me off. All this other guys saw and had their eyes wide open, i guess expecting me to do something. I got a few plates and began working out. My adrenaline was high and i was doing my set really quick. I sat on the edge of the bench facing the guy and told myself, if he tells me anything im going to call his ass out. I was really expecting him to talk shit to me but he didnt, i eventually calmed myself down and said to myself it isnt worth the trouble. But this shit is bothering me because i feel i punked out lol.
I feel i did the right thing but another part of me is giving me shit.

Gotta say, I kept waiting for the part where your side muscles were bulging and you spun around 3 times, touched him with the jab, then threw the overhand right correctly and made his wig go flying off with the deadly uppercut.

He was probably irritated that you brought your gym bag into the weight room and threw it on the floor for everyone to trip over. Leave your bag in the locker room brah.

Happened to me once after many years of going to the gym.

I was using 65 on the incline bench. Was resting while another dude jumped in real quick. Out of nowhere some tall douchebag grabs my weights. I tell him I'm using him and usually people say no problem and give them back. He decided acting like a tough guy, we argued a little and he dropped them. Ten minutes later he ended up apologizing, I guess it's because I didn't back down. Lord knows if we got into a fight I would have gotten my ass kicked. For some reason I feel like my tattoo's intimidated him.

That's awesome that he apologize. So many people can't admit when they are wrong.

Exactly. I've never seen anything close to a confrontation at the gym. Everyone minds their own business. The only thing that gets assaulted are my weights, u kno whamsayin'?

respect.

That's awesome that he apologize. So many people can't admit when they are wrong.

Indeed. I was thinking of calling some people to meet him outside, then he said his peace which I had absolutely no problem with. Just remembered, had another slight altercation. Some Paki kid just came up and took a 10lb weight off the press I was using which I took right back.

I'm actually surprised there aren't any more confrontations at my gym.

It's absolutely packed with douches and dumbasses trying to look and be hard, and I've not once seen a confrontation.

I have one story about being in the gym.

Now, I'm no Steve Reeves, but I like to keep in shape, anyway after my Pilates class I still had some energy, so I decided to do a little arm workout, I look around the gym LOTS OF PEOPLE, LOTS OF UNUSED FREE WEIGHTS, for the sake of vanity I got found myself a barbell.

I put on a few plates and was just minding my business in the squat rack doing my curls when a rather large man approached me during a rest and said

"you don't have to do that in the squat rack"

I replied

"oh, really, you think my biceps look THAT good?!?, well then I shall do some deadlifts here instead"

the large man scowled, frowned and then looked puzzled and asked

"Do you understand what I'm saying?"

to which I replied

"sir, you are beginning to become tiresome, allow me to workout in peace like a good chap"

The large man, shrugged and walked away.

you curled in the squat rack?

yeah, you're a douche.

I'm half chinese and my dad brought me to China when i was a kid, mobs of people would follow us around everywhere we went, and I was on the news. It was annoying as fuck cuz my parents made me wear a goddamn leash so I wouldn't get kidnapped

Maybe the leash was the reason 😆

A girl I know who is a gym rat and enjoys lifting was in China for a couple of years. She would draw a crowd every time she lifted. Literally, a crowd of Chinese dudes surrounding her bench, watching her.

Dang what's up with China? Many in this thread have something or the other to say about the place

I just got back from the gym. It was my first time in years. everyone was extremely nice.

I always hear about altercations at the gym but ive never seen one. (Used to go alot) just seems silly to me. patience is a rare thing nowadays.

Yeah I've never seen a confrontation at a gym either.

I don't even like to make eye contact with other gym goers, let alone talk to any one. In, train, shower, out. No time to fuck about.

Some older kid with down syndrome tried to drown me in the pool at the YMCA once. That was fucking scary.

Back