Guys who quietly had a great 2012 in UFC

Michael Johnson did really well this year, unfortunately ending a three fight streak with his decision loss to Miles Jury.

He dominated Tony Ferguson who most thought would smash him, beat Shane Roller and was the first person to KO Danny Castillo (sick knockout btw)

Glad to see MJ is doing well. My last memory of him is getting subbed by Sass.. but I guess he is a very active fighter. Pretty obvious that he is outperforming Brookins at this point. Brookins is fighting guys that are out of his league.

Holloway had a great year. 3 fight win streak, 2 wins on main card.

Wineland and Swanson had good years.

Forgot about Wineland. He looked much more improved in his last couple of fights, didn't give him much of a chance against Jorgensen

Cub Swanson had a great 2012.

But my vote goes to Matt Brown! Started the year 0-4. Ended the year 4-0.

Wasn't necessarily quietly, but Varner has had a great year. Huge upset against Barboza, puts on a FOTY performance against Lauzon and almost wins on short notice, and then beats Guillard to close out his year, even though the fight was rescheduled because Varner was throwing up in the locker room before the fight.

Glad to see MJ is doing well. My last memory of him is getting subbed by Sass.. but I guess he is a very active fighter. Pretty obvious that he is outperforming Brookins at this point. Brookins is fighting guys that are out of his league.

I thought Poirier was out of his league but Brookins was really pouring it on on the feet. He needs to fight someone a bit lower on the FW ladder because he looked good against Dustin IMO.

Cain destroyed BigFoot and then JDS, getting the title.

some mma tv show mustve done a montage of best fighter of the year type thing that they realeased by newyears?

what shows can I watch???

Chael Sonnen was whooped by anderson and got a tittle shot right after.

Nick Diaz smoked a pound of weed,got his ass kicked and now is fighting for the tittle after a year suspension,talk about having a nice year too.

Francis Carmont went 3-0 this year and is now 4-0 in the UFC, with a 10 fight win streak overall. Most people probably saw him for the first time at 154 since the rest of his fights have been on Facebook or Fuel.

Michael Johnson did really well this year, unfortunately ending a three fight streak with his decision loss to Miles Jury.

He dominated Tony Ferguson who most thought would smash him, beat Shane Roller and was the first person to KO Danny Castillo (sick knockout btw)

lol@MJ being the FIRST person to KO Castillo

Pettis DESTROYED him with a headkick back in the WEC days

Jon Fitch

Odd choice. I wouldn't say that fighting once is anywhere near as great as other guys listed so far.

But, he did beat Erick Silva and it was an exciting fight.

Francis Carmont is another good pick. He's on a nice streak.

Back